MattScott

We are not making changes to Joker Boxes

Hi everyone,

This is another topic that I think has been speculated on too much.

We are not changing Joker Boxes or account locking legendary rewards for the vast majority of players.

For context, during the Q&A I mentioned the Netherlands and Belgium laws that have declared loot boxes as gambling. I think some of my response was taken a bit further than I intended.

Currently only Netherlands residents are limited from trading rewards, per their government's laws which are very explicit in requirements and the June 20th deadline. In my opinion the Belgium legislation is both vague and unenforceable.

Additionally, EA has also declared they will continue with Loot Boxes:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/05/09/ea-loot-boxes-are-gambling-heres-more-loot-boxes/

So we're just going to sit tight and wait.

If there is a required change, rest assured that we will design an economic replacement for this mechanic.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 45
  • Thanks 13

Thanks for informing us that quickly 👍

• Like 1

Good to hear, i personally don't like the idea of legendarys locked and not able to trade. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

Thanks for keeping us updated Matt. 

This is literally what we've been wanting to see for years now. When discussion goes really far to the point of it nearly causing conflict between 2 camps, quick, appropriate and effectively communicating about it. Instead of leaving the discussion entirely to the community without a single word from the people working on it for extended periods of time.

Thank you, @MattScott.

Edited by Haganu
  • Like 1

People used to complain so much about the lack of communications that it scares me now that they could start complaining about the excessive communication, lol!

Keep it up with the awesome job you are already doing, there's a solid community backing you up 100% guys with this as you see.

35 minutes ago, MattScott said:

In my opinion the Belgium legislation is both vague and unenforceable.

As someone who lives in Belgium and has to try to makes sense of all the legislation here, I couldn't agree more

Edited by Kevkof
fixed a typo
  • Like 2

Thank you, Matt.

Quick and to the point reply! The new management is really showing here :classic_biggrin:

Thank you for clarifying this point before it could degenerate, as it is a rathet delicate subject related to APB.

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Thank you for clearing this up, that's gooooood news 😎

Solid communication

following EA's decisions which is the worst company ever and most of the people hate them by now is a pretty bad decision

just admit that joker boxes are easy money pits and you dont want to skip on them

To be ahead of the situation: You could at least remove the timed/trial weapons from the Joker Mystery Boxes and instead fill them with cosmetics/titles/weapon skins along with the legendary, premium, and maybe the 180+ day items.

Removing the trial weapons has been something that has been asked since the start of JMBs. :)

• Like 1

We are not making changes to Joker Boxes

You should though.

There are over 20 weapons only obtainable through gambling mechanics? This doesn't look good at all.

In hindsight you should change the model and take notes from the game Path of Exile.

The developer releases gambling boxes as well, the content is purely cosmetic, but that aside.

They display the odds of each item and release it's content after approximately three months to be normally purchasable through a set price in their cash shop.

Therefore those boxes work as a kind of early access. Which would be better if you don't want to entirely remove them.

€: Also take care of these specifically named Joker Boxes. I mean do you want to associate your employees with gambling, i.e. GM's Power Joker Mystery Box? Not to mention that their description says limited release only, so removing them should be no problem at all.

Take your time, but keep that in mind.

Edited by Meta
  • Like 2

Are the guns going to be purchasable straight from Armas for the people affected by it? :classic_blush:

Thank you Scott, wonderfull news.