MattScott

We are not making changes to Joker Boxes

9 hours ago, kendric2000 said:

What about something akin to WoW, you click on the player and select 'Trade'. A trade window opens, each person can place an item(s) to be traded and the transaction is not complete unless they both click 'Accept'. Boom. Items traded. 

Because adding an in-game trading system opens the flood gate for people to take advantage of the economy to sell legendaries for irl money more simply, simple to code yes, but there’s a whole bigger issue behind just the coding. (Check the stream q&a)

also for it to not be considered gambling they would have to add a product in return. Because it’s considered gambling when you put in 5 dollars and get back little or nothing backto show. But if you spend 5 dollars and get back what would be 5 dollars in a special JT currency and a chance to winning the legendary than it’s not gambling cause you’re getting something back in return.

6 hours ago, Koriyasa said:

Because adding an in-game trading system opens the flood gate for people to take advantage of the economy to sell legendaries for irl money more simply, simple to code yes, but there’s a whole bigger issue behind just the coding. (Check the stream q&a)

also for it to not be considered gambling they would have to add a product in return. Because it’s considered gambling when you put in 5 dollars and get back little or nothing backto show. But if you spend 5 dollars and get back what would be 5 dollars in a special JT currency and a chance to winning the legendary than it’s not gambling cause you’re getting something back in return.

isnt that what the current system is? you get back at minimum a 3day lease thats equal to 99g1c

while in practice that often isnt the case for any player who has purchased weapons, technically you will always get 99g1c worth of product from a joker box

Thank you for claryfing this, Matt. Really appreciate it!

Will this also mean that I won't be able to trade my jokerbox weapons between my own characters?

That's my main concern right now as someone who is from the Netherlands.

~BarbarianCarlo