KattSavage

Why are APB servers worse than ever now

fill me in, I've been absent for quite some time.

I'm (clearly) missing HVR shots that reg 3 seconds later and I get kills, with 64 ping.
wasn't the engine update supposed to come out two years ago?
what happened to tiggs? she get fired for being a really good GM or somethin' right?

have you tried turning it off and on again?

3 minutes ago, KattSavage said:

fill me in, I've been absent for quite some time.

I'm (clearly) missing HVR shots that reg 3 seconds later and I get kills, with 64 ping.
wasn't the engine update supposed to come out two years ago?
what happened to tiggs? she get fired for being a really good GM or somethin' right?

1. When in doubt blame it on ddos mitigation. 
2. Game was bought by little orbit months ago.
3. Tiggs is the reason the game died. LO picked it up and Tiggs was hidden behind the scenes because she manually banned people she didn't like. The CEO even said on his twitch interview with Kemp that there were many unjust bans which is why all bans not associated with fraud were reversed. 

Most of us went back to playing more modern games until the mess with APB and LO trying to fix it is smoothed over.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tldr: servers were always shit and LO is trying to repair the sinking ship atm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Signarly said:
1. When in doubt blame it on ddos mitigation. 
2. Game was bought by little orbit months ago.
3. Tiggs is the reason the game died. LO picked it up and Tiggs was hidden behind the scenes because she manually banned people she didn't like. The CEO even said on his twitch interview with Kemp that there were many unjust bans which is why all bans not associated with fraud were reversed. 

Most of us went back to playing more modern games until the mess with APB and LO trying to fix it is smoothed over.

the answers I was looking for. thanks

3 minutes ago, Keshi said:

tldr: servers were always shit and LO is trying to repair the sinking ship atm

I don't remember them being perfect, but damn this is something else. at least a 3ms+ delay constantly Edited by KattSavage

12 minutes ago, Signarly said:
3. Tiggs is the reason the game died. LO picked it up and Tiggs was hidden behind the scenes because she manually banned people she didn't like.
In my personal experience, if this was 100% true then I'd have been banned long before my false positive from Fairfight, or stayed banned afterwards. Tiggs hated me, but she was professional enough to see that a ban was unjust and overturned it.

Not saying she was perfect but that's just my own experience.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

they are pretty glitchy rn. LO has a big job on their hands though so i won't complain. they clearly have put all their passion into APB and there's gonna be some bumpy roads here and there but i have faith they'll figure it out.
lol when i first started playin the servers were so glitchy i thought it was my gpu i took it out of my case to clean it put it back in but apb was still borked so i reinstalled drivers before realising it was just the servers bc others were having same problems with skipping all over the place. apb's one of those weird games where you cant tell if its the servers or your comp.  
g1 really left it in a mess huh 

3 hours ago, KattSavage said:

the answers I was looking for. thanks

I don't remember them being perfect, but damn this is something else. at least a 3ms+ delay constantly
I remember the constant lag spikes on Joker in 2011-2012, and the "overkill" servers desktop PCs crashing because Reloaded's staff poorly overclocked them. Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

6 hours ago, Kiida said:
In my personal experience, if this was 100% true then I'd have been banned long before my false positive from Fairfight, or stayed banned afterwards. Tiggs hated me, but she was professional enough to see that a ban was unjust and overturned it.

It's nice to hear that things came out well for you but you were unfortunately apart of the minority of those cases, Dogfish that I can think of as well when he got banned from someone else logging onto his account. Tiggs is human and if she had a great cup of coffee one day then hey ur unbanned kiddo. It's just sad she had a bad cup of coffee the other 99% of the time. We're talking about the person who threatened under-aged kids with driving a tank from the military base she lived near onto their front lawn lmao. Granted those kids were definitely out of line, but professional and Tiggs does not go in the same sentence, at least, not from my experience.   

APB servers are without a doubt performing worse ever since they started messing with the server code. They've always been bad, yes but I've consistently had my bullets disappear/go through people even while they're standing still.

Edited by Frosi

2 hours ago, Frosi said:

APB servers are without a doubt performing worse ever since they started messing with the server code. They've always been bad, yes but I've consistently had my bullets disappear/go through people even while they're standing still.

Na you just missed your shots.
Summary:
Shots 1-5: Clearly missed.
Shots 6-9: Missed due to recoil (bad spray control).
Shots 10-11: Very close, but recoil and inaccuracy make these reasonable misses.
Shot 12: Likely didn't actually fire because you were already dead.
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
Summary:
Shots 10-11: Very close, but recoil and inaccuracy make these reasonable misses.
that's a meme i haven't seen since i stopped visiting /r/GlobalOffensive 

15 hours ago, Kiida said:

I remember when she changed some kids name to PonyLover112 or something stupid because someone complained about his name and told him if he wanted it back he would have to buy G1C.

glad that tumor of a person is gone. 

2 hours ago, KattSavage said:
I remember when she changed some kids name to PonyLover112 or something stupid because someone complained about his name and told him if he wanted it back he would have to buy G1C.

glad that tumor of a person is gone. 
Nah he had a name that was against the ToS.
But yeah, it was a MLP themed name she gave him.

Better than just banning him til he bought the name change, no?

Edited by CookiePuss

21 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Sure it is better. But if so, it is really immature/unprofessional to not just set the name to a random string of characters.

8 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
30 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Sure it is better. But if so, it is really immature/unprofessional to not just set the name to a random string of characters.
Unprofessional like a fox!

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Unprofessional like a fox!

you mean horse right?

I keep getting randomly disconnected a LOT more often without any warning now too.

12 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
Summary:

Guess I am the Hiko of APB afterall.

The server performance is objectively worse since the last patches. You can look past it, but it still annoys you.

A few things are causing the lag.

Some of the lag is from storms across the US.A.
Some of the lag is from the fires knocking out the D.N.S servers on the west coast ( one of my problems lately )
Some of the lag was from DDoS attacks and so mitigation is on to defend against those attacks.
In one case someone didn't pay their bill so they are being throttled and had forgotten they do that as well now a days ( mentioned in game on Jericho )
Some people  ran too many programs at once and did not reboot their computer so the link between the server and their computer was not sharing information properly

I'm sure I forgot what else is causing it  but these are the ones I remember.

On 8/20/2018 at 5:15 PM, CookiePuss said:

Qracker is against the tos?

57 minutes ago, Provocate said:
On 8/20/2018 at 4:15 PM, CookiePuss said:

Qracker is against the tos?
Yeah.
Dont get me wrong, I may think it was funny, but its not how I'd have handled it.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
Yeah.
Dont get me wrong, I may think it was funny, but its not how I'd have handled it.
How can Cracker possibly be against the ToS? I mean unless you ignore all other uses of the word and commercial uses besides the one derogatory one, which is just stupid lol.

I mean come on, you can't make this argument especially when your own name is "CookiePuss"

17 minutes ago, KattSavage said:
How can Cracker possibly be against the ToS? I mean unless you ignore all other uses of the word and commercial uses besides the one derogatory one, which is just stupid lol.

I mean come on, you can't make this argument especially when your own name is "CookiePuss"

Google CookiePuss. 
Its a children's ice cream cake.

Plus, I dont make the rules. But if you read them, youd know G1 could do whatever they wanted in regards to names.  Edited by CookiePuss