GamingFloid

Weapon Balance - Community discussion

25 minutes ago, :^) said:

Let me get this straight. You want a gun nerfed, because you believe someone is increasing the damage with cheats.

???????????????????????????

I want the gun nerfed for what I see as legitimate balance issues, but there's no such thing as a damage cheat, so I'm mystified.

6 hours ago, GhosT said:

STAR doesn't compete as it's slower, deals less damage and has a slower recovery time.

ATAC can't do much against the N-TEC on range.

Carbine is the same as the ATAC, it's mostly a CQC weapon.

Ursus is slower than the N-TEC in both fire rate and accuracy recovery.

Obeya can only stand it's ground at higher ranges, the N-TEC can easily outgun it.

None of these weapons are good at 0m up to 60m, they only fill their own roles within these ranges, and become way worse than the N-TEC out of their designed range.

Edit: By the way, your picture makes no sense. Why would I go to the forums and complain about the N-TEC when I'm having a JG in an open area?

That's my risk I'm taking and I know I'll be defenseless if I get shot at by anything.

Take my like

6 hours ago, Ken2 said:

IMPOSSIBLE to reason with a silver that just limits himself to cry nerf a single weapon for YEARS and when its done, it gets reversed in no time because people realize that the gun it may be not as good or people who are good still doing well with it despise the nerf like it can be show in this IMAGE:

JKFSTMv.jpg

Post nerf, cj3, no hs3.

Its not the size of the gun its the player using it...

Dude, N-tec is the easiest weapon in the game atm. That's my average score every mission in asylum I play with ntec, I had even more, something like 70+, and I can't do the same thing with other weapons. There're a lot of situations for example where I kill someone in close range and can continue to spray my magazine to the guy on long range. That's I can't do with other weapons

1d7f77c9b962b55cb3b20bada8c0f84c.png3a2672554d891ab1044e4dd786c2fe57.png

Edited by Lign

2 minutes ago, Lign said:

Reveal hidden contents

Dude, N-tec is the easiest weapon in the game atm. That's my average score every mission in asylum I play with ntec, I had even more, something like 70+, and I can't do the same thing with other weapons

1d7f77c9b962b55cb3b20bada8c0f84c.png3a2672554d891ab1044e4dd786c2fe57.png

Nice trolling. Not even getting the point. w/e

1 minute ago, Ken2 said:

Nice trolling. Not even getting the point. w/e

Why do I need to do the point in asylum? I come only for kills there

It is nice that this thread existed so it is easy to tell who has half a brain and who only has an eighth of a brain.

IMO most of the guns are in a pretty good spot. the HVR I would say needs a nerf to like 75% damage. Something to avoid the Obeya pistol single shot kill afterwards. 

The NTEC is in a great spot right now, .7ttk, very good skill ramp that really encourages tap firing over bursting and whatnot. If I'd change anything I'd take the range down by a few meters (and buff the Obeya to cover the different range), but otherwise great gun. You can really mix and match mods with this one.

I would personally argue that the Obeya rifle should be buffed back up to close to where it was, I think that nerf that they did forever ago was a total injustice but it's just not where it used to be and it helped balance out some of the other automatic rifles.

I think the Mountie is too accurate and the TTK is too high. The Fang has too long of range and slightly too high of accuracy.

The M1922 I think could use a slightly lower firerate balanced with a slightly increased accuracy.

I think the PMG could use a slight accuracy nerf. Its accuracy and damage dropoff is WAY farther than the OCA.

What the HVR needs is a damage curve so that it does massively reduced damage within 35 meters. It's supposed to be a long ranged gun, you should feel stupid for using it at short range, not rewarded.

2 minutes ago, Master Erick said:

IMO most of the guns are in a pretty good spot. the HVR I would say needs a nerf to like 75% damage. Something to avoid the Obeya pistol single shot kill afterwards. 

The NTEC is in a great spot right now, .7ttk, very good skill ramp that really encourages tap firing over bursting and whatnot. If I'd change anything I'd take the range down by a few meters (and buff the Obeya to cover the different range), but otherwise great gun. You can really mix and match mods with this one.

I would personally argue that the Obeya rifle should be buffed back up to close to where it was, I think that nerf that they did forever ago was a total injustice but it's just not where it used to be and it helped balance out some of the other automatic rifles.

I think the Mountie is too accurate and the TTK is too high. The Fang has too long of range and slightly too high of accuracy.

The M1922 I think could use a slightly lower firerate balanced with a slightly increased accuracy.

I think the PMG could use a slight accuracy nerf. Its accuracy and damage dropoff is WAY farther than the OCA.

please stop suggesting obeya cr762 buffs

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

What's your reasoning? I'm here to have a discourse brotha, your opinion is not meaningful without qualifying it like I am. I'm going off of my own experience, the NTEC beasts the Obeya because the tap-firing Obeya is worse than a tap-firing Ntec. There's gotta be some sort of give with that.

I've got almost 3000 hours on this game, i've played through almost every balance patch this game has had. The Obeya nerf was the one nerf that I never understood. Totally broke the gun.

1 minute ago, Master Erick said:

What's your reasoning? I'm here to have a discourse brotha, your opinion is not meaningful without qualifying it like I am. I'm going off of my own experience, the NTEC beasts the Obeya because the tap-firing Obeya is worse than a tap-firing Ntec. There's gotta be some sort of give with that.

I've got almost 3000 hours on this game, i've played through almost every balance patch this game has had. The Obeya nerf was the one nerf that I never understood. Totally broke the gun.

imo the gun is still almost unnecessarily strong

the combination of high accuracy, low bloom/recoil, and the uniquely long dropoff make it very viable all the way out to 100m

and perhaps the ttk isnt low enough to fight an ntec face to face and come out on top, but its certainly low enough to be used effectively at comparative ranges

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

imo the gun is still almost unnecessarily strong

the combination of high accuracy, low bloom/recoil, and the uniquely long dropoff make it very viable all the way out to 100m

and perhaps the ttk isnt low enough to fight an ntec face to face and come out on top, but its certainly low enough to be used effectively at comparative ranges

I think the real problem with the Obeya is the NTEC, since what he said was true, the NTEC beats the Obeya at all but the most extreme ranges. NTEC needs to have a real niche. It is versatile, but doesn't really pay for that versatility, even after the nerf.

???? People seriously think the Ntec always beats out the Obeya?

You clearly don't know how to use the Obeya then. I main the Obeya and almost have Marksman 14 and it's so easy to beat out Ntecs unless they're literally RIGHT in your face. Still possible, but much harder. Otherwise, if they're at "Range" 35m+ the Obeya easily wins if you know how to use it.

Buffing the Obeya would make it even stronger then it already is.

4 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

I think the real problem with the Obeya is the NTEC, since what he said was true, the NTEC beats the Obeya at all but the most extreme ranges. NTEC needs to have a real niche. It is versatile, but doesn't really pay for that versatility, even after the nerf.

idk i think the ntec is pretty well balanced atm, its still strong but its def not the tap firing monster it was for years

also id argue that the niche of nearly every AR is the easy versatility 

Edited by BXNNXD
missing words

This thread is a disaster. Almost all the weapons have been mentioned here that need to be buffed or nerfed or some other form of balance. Ive said it before, only high golds should have a say here because they are the ones who fully use every weapon to their fullest. They also face others around their skill lvl and can have a much better insight vs silvers and low golds. Im seeing people raising points about weapons and they arent or dont even know all the bases about it. Really, the thread is all over the place.

What everyone is unified on is a hvr nerf. I remember the old team saying that it was a weapon that was suppose to stop you, make you hide and think about your actions. It was a heavy hitter. So if the hvr damaged is reduced to scout lvl or something else, I feel it will become useless. Id like to see what the devs have to say. 

Alright , it's definetly true that there's some unbalanced weapons , but i almost can't see anyone talking about underpowered weapons

The whole norseman series , they are SMG's yet  they have a TTK closer to snipers than SMG's , i honestly don't see why anyone would use norseman other than fun , they are just terrible

The oblivion from the revelation pack , that's a 4 shot to kill sniper , yet the firerate is extremely slow , and the accuracy bad , and one fin thing that i found is that it can't even knock off decor items

unknown.png

Just having a bullet hole on a decor while it's still up is hilarous 😂

The Misery from revelation pack , again from revelation pack , despite being Okay ish with certain mods the misery , definetly lacks power ,  even tho it has great accuracy , many other assault rifles could achive a better time to kill at any range .

The harbringer , revelation pack , another one , well this one is kind of a weird weapon , it's not that bad on itself but it's not great eiither , high firerate with low bloom recovery doesn't make sense ( i think) but that could be debated , still needs some kind of buff .

There a lot of other weapons i would like to talk about but i don't have time now :v

Edited by Ketog

About nhvr, you should really read this instead of saying it needs a dmg nerf:

10 hours ago, Ken2 said:

The REAL issue with nhvr, as you can see in that vid, is not its damage... is the amount of SPEED it has.

Remember when nhvr was as heavy as an osmaw? Could you do all that is shown in that vid? Nope.

Ez fix, osmaw movement limiter, +equip/switching time. And lets see how it goes.

If you wrongly nerf nhvr, it could end useless.

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

No... CR762 (and Re-Skins) deserves more love too.

1 minute ago, Maverick13 said:

No... CR762 (and Re-Skins) deserves more love too.

if they get more buffs theres gonna be lot more hate than love

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

if they get more buffs theres gonna be lot more hate than love

:v

Well... The only "Buff" I want is the increase of the Default Magazine Size from 15 to 20. Just this. Obeya is special for me since it was back in 2013 when I started playing, obeya was one of the first weapons I used.

2 minutes ago, Maverick13 said:

:v

Well... The only "Buff" I want is the increase of the Default Magazine Size from 15 to 20. Just this. Obeya is special for me since it was back in 2013 when I started playing, obeya was one of the first weapons I used.

gun doesnt need 4 kills in each magazine imo

3 hours ago, killerskull said:

This thread is a disaster. Almost all the weapons have been mentioned here that need to be buffed or nerfed or some other form of balance. Ive said it before, only high golds should have a say here because they are the ones who fully use every weapon to their fullest. They also face others around their skill lvl and can have a much better insight vs silvers and low golds. Im seeing people raising points about weapons and they arent or dont even know all the bases about it. Really, the thread is all over the place.

What everyone is unified on is a hvr nerf. I remember the old team saying that it was a weapon that was suppose to stop you, make you hide and think about your actions. It was a heavy hitter. So if the hvr damaged is reduced to scout lvl or something else, I feel it will become useless. Id like to see what the devs have to say. 

>Implying good players can't have shit opinions lol

Also who draws the line between a good and a bad player?

Would there be a council of good players?

Would they decide the metagame for us?

Please stop suggesting dumb ideas, it's up to the company recollecting ALL player's feedback and listen to what makes sense and ignore dumb opinions.

Moreover, what if your "council of good players" makes decisions that discourage new players from joining the game? Would we become an even more elitist community than we already are? Lol.

I think a suggestion I'd have is to reduce most of the AR's range from 50 to 40. Then I'd reduce the SMG's range from 30 to 25. Semi-automatic pistols like the Obeya and Colby 45 etc should have their range go from 40 to 30.

Those are just some suggestions on how to properly make sure that weapons are used within their proper role, obviously the changes I've suggested are merely very general sweeping changes and weapons would need to be taken a look at on a case by case basis. But overall, I think this would be a healthy change for the game, I've also excluded snipers because they need their own unique changes. 

Who is "we"? does that include the hordes of silvers not knowing how mechanics work that call p2w at every corner?

Honestly, it will be difficult again to balance weapons. There people who want their beloved niche guns being stronger. There are people who have no idea about mechanics and wepaons. How would LO be able to know whos feedback is valid and made by proper people with knoledge and experience and those havign just no idea? Also, lets nt forget all the valuable feedbakc of those "enhanced" members of thecommunity. The Last Balance was also influenced by someone triggerbotting in the SPCT. Great balance feedback with such proper assitance.

So far all nerfs/buffs have hardly helped balance they just killed of soem weapons, anyone seen with a Tommy recently? after the nerf the M1922 was basicalyl dead. but usually most iof this is because the N-tec can still fill other guns niches way too good in cqc and long range. I'd say also nerf N-tecs magazine. You can way too easily spray and pray at people @80m preventing them to heal and constantly take damage even under a cars tiny slit.

The DMR -AV's issues is that any current meta vehicle has too much health, so we also need some vehicle balance, because seeing espacio, vegas (4x4) and pioneer in 95% usage is also very broken.

1 hour ago, LilyV3 said:

The DMR -AV's issues is that any current meta vehicle has too much health, so we also need some vehicle balance, because seeing espacio, vegas (4x4) and pioneer in 95% usage is also very broken.

THANK YOU, I ran out of likes for today but THANK YOU. DMR-AV is OP in bronze district where players don't use those cars as much, then you switch to Silver district and suddendly ur weapon is useless. Not fun 😞