GamingFloid

Weapon Balance - Community discussion

Imho most guns are fine, but the N-HVR and the N-TEC need some adjustments to bring them more in line with the other guns.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Please, dont change anything. The guns are fine. You just have to be willing to adjust your playstyle to your opp's loadout. I honestly believe this. 

And no, I never use the Ogre, the Yukon, or the Volcano as I feel they are unnecessary. I also very rarely touch the heavy HVR. 

All my opinion of course. 

Yes, please change everything. I know we are in a good state right now with the weapon balance, except a few "new weapons" which are slightly less usable. BUT this meta is going on for more than 2 years now. It gets really boring playing the same weapons over and over again, just because other things are less usable or straight up upgrades to others. So either adjust all less powerful weapons to fit into N-tec / HVR / OCA meta, or nerf those 3 and a few others IMO.

Tbh.. some weapons needs to be fixed or lightly buff Example :

S-247 ‘OBLIVION’

AR-97 ‘MISERY’

R-2 'HARBINGER'

( I dont want to see APB as p2w ,but some ARMAS weapons are worst than free weapons and its not right)

24 minutes ago, ninetenduh said:

FFA is a Reskin, Volcano is not straight up better, The OSMAW still does more Damage per Shot and has more range. Nano's can be acquired in-game, rare but they can and most of the time the nano isn't even better and the Ursus is Vastly worse than a Normal Ntec at literally any range. So, come again?

Even if you're partially right (FFA is slighly better than OBIR because of less tunnel vision, Volcano being just different than OSMAW), you cannot deny the fact that the weapons I mentioned as well as other legendaries are on par with other meta weapons.

So even with their purpose is to be clown weapons, G1 missed the point with some of them. They should probably get twisted into being gimmicky weapons, and have at least 1 SOLID advantage over normal weapons but other disadvantage to keep them from being better

Okay, time to actually write down a post to post my opinion on how I'd balance the guns.

First off, a overall improvement on the netcode and overall less RNG on all guns, that's what I'd like to see, then:

Scout - bring jumpshooting back, i literally don't see a reason for it not being back, it made the gun fun to play and it was so easy to counter. And the animation delay that happens after you shoot a shot with it (though thats due to sprintshooting not being a thing anymore). OBIR has the same issue as well. Remove them for the guns to be more dynamic.

HVR & variants - lowering damage to 720/725/750 (whatever works out best)

COBR-A - reverting back the changes when to when it got 'ninja' buffed, that was the most fun COBR-A.

Shotguns - actually make them less RNG, I swear the JG is unusable sometimes. Overall they're fine.

Scoped NTEC & URSUS - Revert them back to their old state, before the huge 'ntec nerf'

Tommy Gun - I remember it being better before they nerfed it, get it back to that state.

STAR LCR - same story as with the tommy gun, unsure on this one.

STAR & variants - IIRC, this gun never got any changes to it, I'd like to see it getting a bit of a accuracy buff

OCA - Get it back to the state before it got buffed (the one that made it "op") so less people cry about it. (This one is a big ??? for me personally, as I don't find the OCA that broken)

VAS C2 - now this is a tricky one, I'd like to see it be on par with the ATAC honestly, but without being the sniper it was back in the days.

Now, I can't vouch for the new guns that got recently released cause I've barely tried them/have never tried them (Norsemen guns, S1 series etc.)

oh, and I'd love to see a higher TTK (longer time to kill) and sprintshooting back (makes the game more dynamic and fun), but we'll probably never see this due to the developers not wanting to improve the netcode and animations.

Edited by 悲しい春
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Shini said:

To be honest, I don't know what to do for people that unironically main the HVR.

My line of thinking is that you should realistically only bring out the HVR if you know your buddy or team as a whole has got your back, not become a one man army.

And that its not really about the fire rate of the gun I think, really most HVR players should be happy to get that one hit, since in organized teams it almost always means certain death to an enemy that is hit by it or at least he's out of the match to regen for 15 or seconds regardless.

The problem with your idea is that everyone will just switch to obir instead of suffering from less versatile. Obir is another pretty damn good weapon that can meme in cqc with good accuracy at jumpshooting or cornerpopping with its burst style when you need only 3 times or even two times if enemy is not full hp to peak from the corner and do full burst on him. QS should stay here but lowering the damage per shot from 850 to 750 and increasing equip time will make it more challengeable

Edited by Lign

1 hour ago, Speedz said:

Yes, please change everything. I know we are in a good state right now with the weapon balance, except a few "new weapons" which are slightly less usable. BUT this meta is going on for more than 2 years now. It gets really boring playing the same weapons over and over again, just because other things are less usable or straight up upgrades to others. So either adjust all less powerful weapons to fit into N-tec / HVR / OCA meta, or nerf those 3 and a few others IMO.

I suppose it would be silly to expect the game to suddenly succeed without changing anything. I guess Im just worried that in making the game successful, it will become something I no longer enjoy. 

HVR: Nerf dmg to 750-800, make super inaccurate when not scoped in, it's a sniper not a shotgun.

N-TEC: Increase bloom recovery time, still making it viable but slower for perfect accuracy at longer range. Do something about jump shooting.

Scout: Increase dmg to 570, make it slightly more accurate while jumping, but not perfect accuracy.

DogEar: Remove damage drop off.

These are weapons I either frequently use or go up against often. Other weapons I don't use like COBR-A needs buffs, but besides that I feel like the majority of weapons are fine and balanced with eachoter. My main complaint is just the N-TEC being too versitile, and can do pretty much anything from 0-80m

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

Imho most guns are fine, but the N-HVR and the N-TEC need some adjustments to bring them more in line with the other guns.

Stop it...

Just now, Ken2 said:

Stop it...

There's a reason why there's no weapon diversity and almost everyone plays these two weapons.

2 minutes ago, GhosT said:

There's a reason why there's no weapon diversity and almost everyone plays these two weapons.

I do better with stock star and obeya than ntec. Stop droping it to the ground already.

This ntec meme is getting annoying.

Edited by Ken2

2 minutes ago, Ken2 said:

I do better with stock star and obeya than ntec. Stop droping it to the ground already.

This ntec meme is getting annoying.

Of course the star is easier to play, you can full auto it. And the obeya is very hard to mishandle, unlike the N-TEC where you need to learn how to tap it before it becomes good. That is usually done after a few missions with it.

Once you know how to tap it, it destroys anything up to 60m, while still being very good in close quarters.

Edited by GhosT

Just now, GhosT said:

Of course the star is easier to play, and the obeya is very hard to mishandle, unlike the N-TEC where you need to learn how to tap it before it becomes good. That is usually done after a few missions with it.

Once you know how to tap it, it destroys anything up to 60m, while still being very good in close quarters.

Thats a lie. You clearly dont understand how to play the game if you think ntec is op at 60m... god.

Go back to your spcm or whatever suggestions, weapons balance is not for you.

Just now, Ken2 said:

Thats a lie. You clearly dont understand how to play the game if you think ntec is op at 60m... god.

Whatever floats your boat, I think I'm capable of judging weapons after 5000 hours.

The N-TEC just overperforms when compared to every other assault rifle in the game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GhosT said:

Whatever floats your boat, I think I'm capable of judging weapons after 5000 hours.

The N-TEC just overperforms when compared to every other assault rifle in the game.

And people still doing better with other weapons for multiple reasons...

Whatever floats YOUR boat.

3 minutes ago, Ken2 said:

yeah because obviously you with the less popular opinion is clearly correct and all knowing, while GhosT who agrees with literally everyone other than you just has no clue about anything, obviously you just arent as great at apb with the ntec as you think

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ken2 said:

And people still doing better with other weapons for multiple reasons...

Whatever floats YOUR boat.

Of course an Obeya will outgun a N-TEC in its range. Or a OCA in close range. Or a STAR in mid range.

It's not precisely overpowered in any range, but the fact that it can pack quite a punch on various ranges is what it makes it stand out from the rest.

It has been nerfed before for that exact reason, but it didn't change much.

Edited by GhosT

Just now, GhosT said:

Of course an Obeya will outgun a N-TEC in its range. Or a OCA in close range. Or a STAR in mid range.

It's not precisely overpowered in any range, but the fact that it can pack quite a punch on various ranges is what it makes it stand out from the rest.

It has been nerfed before for that exact reason, but it didn't change much.

Any weapon with more damage will outperform ntec, unless you are in an OPEN AREA fight. Even then atac, star, carabine can outperform easily a ntec 40-50m in an open area fight. Stop giving desinfo pls, help the game and dont take it down, they are listening.

Any weapon with more damage will outperform ntec, unless you are in an OPEN AREA fight. Even then atac, star, carabine can outperform easily a ntec 40-50m in an open area fight. Stop giving desinfo pls, help the game and dont take it down, they are listening.

you dont seem to be getting what we are putting out. yes ntec can be outdone at any range, but no other gun has AS WIDE a range as the ntec. its not exceptional at any one given thing or range, but it is good at SO MANY different things and ranges, its versatility is its key

Edited by Skjaeg

When you have a game like this with this low ttk... anyone that shots first will have the advantage and it mostly its reduced to that.

You can outperform a ntec many ways.

The ATAC is more suited for close quarters, probably around 30m.

The STAR isn't as accurate as the N-TEC.

Carbine is also more of a close quarters weapon.

All of these will loose to an N-TEC player in an open area, when engaged at the same time.

Unless the N-TEC player doesn't know how to play it.

//Edit: Of course you can outperform it by chosing better weapons for specific ranges, but there is no gun that competes to the N-TEC at ALL the ranges it's good at.

Edited by GhosT
  • Like 1

Just now, Skjaeg said:

you dont seem to be getting what we are putting out. yes ntec can be outdone at any range, but no other gun has AS WIDE a range as the ntec.

Ursus? Star? How many times i sniped even with an atac... dude stop talking bs.

Just now, GhosT said:

The ATAC is more suited for close quarters, probably around 30m.

The STAR isn't as accurate as the N-TEC.

Carbine is also more of a close quarters weapon.

All of these will loose to an N-TEC player in an open area, when engaged at the same time.

Unless the N-TEC player doesn't know how to play it.

You can't be serious... ntec winning an atac in an open area? What?

1 minute ago, Ken2 said:

Ursus? Star? How many times i sniped even with an atac... dude stop talking bs.

The ursus deals just enough damage to kill in 5 shots. If your enemy has Clotting Agent 3, you will often require 6 shots to kill him. it's also suffering more recoil and isn't as fast as the N-TEC. It's not as versatile as the N-TEC, especially in close quarters.

1 minute ago, Ken2 said:

You can't be serious... ntec winning an atac in an open area? What?

What range are you talking about?

40-50m is the range where the N-TEC really shines when tap fired, and the ATAC isn't effective at that range at all.

Ntec is made to work at 50m and a plus. Rest of assault rifles are mostly working better than ntec under that range, its really simple.

In pop ups fights or corner to corner any weapon that does more damage will outperform an ntec, see: obeya, obir, ducky, sniper, dmr etcs...