Sign in to follow this  
MattScott

Clarification on Nudity (updated policy)

1 minute ago, MartisLTU said:

ohh :C .... im sorry ,dunno why but Steam store still have this pegi 18 symbol under APB. 

That's propably because APB originally came from EU, however both do apply to the game depending on your locaton. There are other rating systems too, but ESRB and PEGI are the most widely known ones.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

ohh :C .... im sorry ,dunno why but Steam store still have this pegi 18 symbol under APB. 

Its person with synthetic pyjamas and gass mast, and you just being reckless.

Btw ... i think India and nazi symbols are little bit diferent 

( posting this for for training purposes )

No they are not, stop taking just the convenient approach.

This is a Hindu Temple. Looks mighty fucking the same to me.

main-qimg-58215079be018aad032cbfc783350e

And there are hundreds of picture across the bloody internet that will show you that they look the exact same. Stop taking the picture that are the most convenient for you.

Just a little not about the Black white red nonsense.

This laundry was founded in 1912, long before the Third Reich even became an idea.

main-qimg-87756c2f2514c9a873f14476eb7581

Edited by ninetenduh
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ninetenduh said:

And there are hundreds of picture across the bloody internet that will show you that they look the exact same. Stop taking the picture that are the most convenient for you.

I am not offended by swastikas since I am old and salty, but I don't see the point as others have said, if you want to make a very good accurate, tasteful ss officer in game, I think that's ok. But spamming swastikas and genitals is just no, and you don't need to be mature to realize that, you know it is.

Also if you argue for political imagery you are also arguing for stuff like green energy, and gay pride. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it goes both ways. All politics should be pushed out of the gaming industry, haven't we learned yet?

3 minutes ago, ninetenduh said:

Just a little not about the Black white red nonsense.

This laundry was founded in 1912, long before the Third Reich even became an idea.

main-qimg-87756c2f2514c9a873f14476eb7581

Okay ... So lets meet in middle and agree that Swastika on Indian traditional outfit is good and swastika on german uniform is not..

Okay, this Forum is making sick, I have written this 3 times now, I give you the short version now. It is how you present yourself wearing a Wehrmacht or SS uniform, you can wear it because you like the design without being Racist, even with a Swastika. I have seen Artists draw a canvas with naked Children on it, not because they like naked children but because the scenery and so was from an artists standpoint great. These artists would never touch a child in an inappropriate way. It's how you use it. The Swastika has been used before, even the exact same one Hitler decided to use, that man was design wise as original as watching paint dry. I don't see a single reason to ever forbid anything surrounding the Swastika just because it is connected to what it is. It's 2018, the Laws for that are all Antiquated, in need of revision and what not.

9 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

Okay ... So lets meet in middle and agree that Swastika on Indian traditional outfit is good and swastika on german uniform is not..

i feel like that would be a damn shame, banning history like that and hiding from it. its not like anyone that was in a concentration camp is young enough to be playing apb and will come across it and die of horror. Nevertheless i dont mind if the swastika is banned or not, as long as its all political symbols or none. if i cant come across a dude in a somewhat historically accurate ss uniform i should not have to deal with commies or anti-fascists either. the playing field doesnt matter to me, as long as its the same across the board

13 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

Okay, this Forum is making sick, I have written this 3 times now, I give you the short version now. It is how you present yourself wearing a Wehrmacht or SS uniform, you can wear it because you like the design without being Racist, even with a Swastika. I have seen Artists draw a canvas with naked Children on it, not because they like naked children but because the scenery and so was from an artists standpoint great. These artists would never touch a child in an inappropriate way. It's how you use it. The Swastika has been used before, even the exact same one Hitler decided to use, that man was design wise as original as watching paint dry. I don't see a single reason to ever forbid anything surrounding the Swastika just because it is connected to what it is. It's 2018, the Laws for that are all Antiquated, in need of revision and what not.

I don't think edgy racism is funny or that politics is needed when it's being beamed into my brain from every electronic device already. I think nazi uniforms are fine, I think the swastika on them is fine. I think spamming swastikas is dumb, you may think it's funny but it isn't. This game has users from every where so you need to be considerate of them as well.

33nl07l.jpg

It has been opened.

And while I like some nudity (who doesn't), I don't need it to be a thing in APB. Cartoonish symbols? Maybe. Making your female character look topless using symbols? It just looks wrong and stupid in a gunfight.

Edited by Chinook
  • Like 2

In your face -RACHEL-.

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

The topic of nudity in-game seems to have gotten quite a bit of debate since the Q&A, so I'll elaborate my thought process.

My initial policy was not based on Little Orbit's history of kids games or some prudish attitude. Quite the opposite, I expressly said that on a personal level I feel nudity is great. My decision comes from the ESRB standards. Even M-rated games are not allowed to show nudity, and the game is available on XboxOne and PS4.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.aspx#rating_categories

However after giving it some thought, these ratings are only for the XboxOne and PS4. Currently our PC population is separate, and I can't imagine them ever getting mixed due to the vast difference in controller vs. mouse/keyboard.

So moving forward, we will stick with the previous G1 policy stated here:
https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2012/04/genitalia-and-bigotry-drawing-line.html

Thanks,

Matt

I won't think of you like a soyboy anymore.

Deep in my heart i knew that someone using such cool beard couldn't be that bad.

--

Consoles peasants were the problem all along, and i was right.

Edited by Ken2

36 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

I don't think edgy racism is funny or that politics is needed when it's being beamed into my brain from every electronic device already. I think nazi uniforms are fine, I think the swastika on them is fine. I think spamming swastikas is dumb, you may think it's funny but it isn't. This game has users from every where so you need to be considerate of them as well.

This is the opinion i tend to agree with the most, and to make myself understandable i did a quick google search and got the examples i wanted.

Stuff like this, that is depending on a person making either a historical uniform, or an original character with some depth and backstory to them, not just to offend and be pricks i think is fine.

8V7CW2v.jpg JakobAPB3.png

Meanwhile stuff like this following below, that is obviously just meant to troll and be a prick and make people angry, this i disagree with. and as such i think this has to be on a case by case basis, but in the end its up to LO, i just hope they don't choose to favour any certain ideologies.

65AT5.jpgd7d1619e7b1f.jpgmqdefault.jpg

Edited by Skjaeg
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Skjaeg said:

This is the opinion i tend to agree with the most, and to make myself understandable i did a quick google search and got the examples i wanted.

Stuff like this, that is depending on a person making either a historical uniform, or an original character with some depth and backstory to them, not just to offend and be pricks i think is fine.

Meanwhile stuff like this following below, that is obviously just meant to troll and be a prick and make people angry, this i disagree with. and as such i think this has to be on a case by case basis, but in the end its up to LO, i just hope they don't choose to favour any certain ideologies.

It's all about being classy, be a classy racist... just kidding. I think nazi uniforms are ok because they remind us of a tragic part of human history that shouldn't be forgotten.

34 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

I don't think edgy racism is funny or that politics is needed when it's being beamed into my brain from every electronic device already.

You are so far off the point what was said in this thread that you must have discovered a new planet outside our sun system. If you don't understand or if you are not able to follow the conversation, then don't join in.

Just now, ninetenduh said:

You are so far off the point what was said in this thread that you must have discovered a new planet outside our sun system. If you don't understand or if you are not able to follow the conversation, then don't join in.

You don't own the thread and your posts are an incoherent mess, if you had two braincells to rub together you would see I was agreeing with you.

4 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

You don't own the thread and your posts are an incoherent mess, if you had two braincells to rub together you would see I was agreeing with you.

You make a Black Hole Jealous mate.

You make a Black Hole Jealous mate.

stop being racist.

That's not even a Racist phrase but hey, whatever floats your boat kiddo.

Just now, ninetenduh said:

That's not even a Racist phrase but hey, whatever floats your boat kiddo.

you need to lighten up...

1 minute ago, Puffdragon said:

you need to lighten up...

That's an Obvious Threat to my life and racist. 

19 minutes ago, ninetenduh said:

That's an Obvious Threat to my life and racist. 

uhh I simply meant you should be happy not that you aren't white, I apologize.

Edit: as I said before I think the swastika is only ok if it's part of a roleplay situation. If you are making it just to spam then it's not ok. Yes words and pictures hurt simple minded people, don't torture them.

Edited by Puffdragon

This is getting out of hands...

the law is the law, no one cares about your degree in indian history

14 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

Meh. So Social will keep looking like straight pronhub?

Hentai Haven*, but yes, it will.

36 minutes ago, Dohyl said:

Hentai Haven*, but yes, it will.

Gotta spam with yaoi then

At a certain point seeing a van with 20 dicks plastered all over it and a guy running around in a thong goes a little overboard. But if you insist Matt. sighface.jpg

• Thanks 1