Eixo

Seriously anticheat

I dont wanna sound odd but is it just me or is APB really infested again? sorry i have played enough but some players in game just stomp everyone every game, not missing a single bullet in a whole mission getting nearly 40/0 every game.. always predictive and always waiting on right corner prefiring and being super fishy.. i always care of radar tower or spotters but some players dont use them and they fuckin nuts every singe game... is it just me that really super bad after 5K hours in apb or are players closeting again? old clans with old members who got all banned before now play godmode again... i wont believe that someone who cehated for years in a game will be sudennly a god in case of pure clean skill from month to month

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Have you read the forum threads on the gun reworkings?

which one?

Daily 'I am silver and got destroyed so everyone must be cheating' thread.

Add it to the pile.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

If luck/coincidences happens that often,
it will turn into a proof ;)

• Like 1

APB never had a proper anticheat, you shouldn't care at this point. (Unless you're new?)

ive been suspicious of some people but I think BattleEye is working correctly so I put my suspicions down to paranoia.. As you have 5k hours in the game you will readily remember the amount of cheaters that were around PRE LO. I see exactly what your saying. I am Silver and getting rolled by golds allot - some are 255 god mode like but you have to remember they are playing in groups with mics on and calling out your positions constantly so people will be ready for you coming round that corner. Also the new Shotty Super Buffs from the recent patch is making people that were already very good, even better.

31 minutes ago, Pinpuce said:

APB never had a proper anticheat, you shouldn't care at this point. (Unless you're new?)

What is this supposed to mean? "You shouldnt care at this point".
APB has battleeye now which is a proper anti cheat. It has got rid of 99.999% of cheaters and made the game playable again.

I played back in 2014. A lot of cheaters. Now, it's mostly a lowlife guy solving his complexes by going into a bronze district, there may have been 1 or 2 cheaters I saw during the 6 days of playing. The anticheat is clearly working, mainly for now, another problem is - the battleye is not yet banning, with LO saying they're going to be careful with banwaves. So there's that.

Edited by Lokislav

i don't think there are cheaters. yesterday it 'FELT' almost like everyone was triggerbotting or aimbotting. but that's just because shotguns are sniper rifles right now. and for some reason TTK feels broke too, especially STAR. dunno if i'm imagining things but TTK seems lower than it used to be? so it all feels cheaty, but it's just really, really broken. hopefully LO will fix because its' becoming unplayable. there's no fighting or dodging anymore. it's just who can jump who the first. you're dead before you can even react so there's no dodging or countering.

Edited by Stunny

Base accuracy, bloom, and RNG are all server sided and therefore cannot be changed by hacks.
Try to keep this in mind when wondering if someone is cheating.

the game's unplayable at the moment. sniper rifle shredders, super fast ttk. it feels so cheaty. golds running amok in bronze exploiting all the broken guns
i'm ragequitting for a few months @Lixil
i'll check back in winter hopefully game is fixed by then
for us bronzes and silvers game is unplayable atm

Forum warriors say there are not cheaters, you are wrong. : )

Edited by Sayori

@Stunny
I would have quoted you, but it wont let me remove the mention of Lixil and I didnt want to mention her twice.

As for golds in bronze, if only we had GMs who would actually enforce the CoC, rather than threatening to silence anyone wha says someone is dethreating in /d chat!
If only support would take dethreating seriously.

Oh well, who needs new players anyways, amirite?

Edited by CookiePuss

gms threaten to silent people for complaining about dethreaters?

wow i thought a new company owned apb

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

but it wont let me remove the mention of Lixil and I didnt want to mention her twice.

put your cursor behind the mention and hit backspace twice (worked for me)

6 minutes ago, Kevkof said:
23 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

but it wont let me remove the mention of Lixil and I didnt want to mention her twice.

put your cursor behind the mention and hit backspace twice (worked for me)
Oh sick that works, thanks Kev!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stunny said:

the game's unplayable at the moment. sniper rifle shredders, super fast ttk. it feels so cheaty. golds running amok in bronze exploiting all the broken guns
i'm ragequitting for a few months @Lixil
i'll check back in winter hopefully game is fixed by then
for us bronzes and silvers game is unplayable atm

Fully agree. This is what I am experiencing as a new player. It's ridiculous.

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Add it to the pile.

I feel like everyone should start spamming this post

2 hours ago, Ignas / qsn said:
btw, for those who are saying there are no cheaters:
  LO never took actions against him with this proof. Just posted it here cause this is the last chance))
There are clips of him and his group members speedhacking too.

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
As for golds in bronze, if only we had GMs who would actually enforce the CoC, rather than threatening to silence anyone wha says someone is dethreating in /d chat!
If only support would take dethreating seriously.

Oh well, who needs new players anyways, amirite?

So do you feel the bronze, silver, gold is a good threat system to begin with? (what about players inbetween gold/ silver and bronze/silver, those who dont purposely DT, but naturally bounce back and forth)
We dont have the pop to lock down all noobs in a seperate district, and G1 found out locking districts based on threat made it worse (people who were gold would purposely DT to green even) and made the player base angry that they couldnt play with their clan mates etc (yes this issue added to the population decline) 
So to simply refer to the CoC wont stop the problem, they need to address the real issue, the threat system first. Edited by Killerela

10 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Add it to the pile.

Didnt you see the clip in discord?
This dude actually WAS cheating.
3 hours ago, Lato said:
I feel like everyone should start spamming this post
Edited by CookiePuss

52 minutes ago, Killerela said:
Swhat about players inbetween gold/ silver and bronze/silver, those who dont purposely DT, but naturally bounce back and forth
Nothing wrong with that whatsoever. I only have a problem with those who intentionally dethreat.
made the player base angry that they couldnt play with their clan mates etc
Clan mates can still play with you if they want to... in your district.
So to simply refer to the CoC wont stop the problem, they need to address the real issue, the threat system first.
I didnt write the CoC, Little Orbit did.

And the only proposed "fix" to the threat system yet given by Little Orbit is to make changing threat much slower.
This does mean that it will take longer to go from gold to silver, it also means it will take longer to drop back down to silver from gold. Sort of a passive was of deterring dethreaters.

But the bottom line from my perspective is something needs to be done to protect any new players we are lucky enough to get at this point.
I also believe dethreaters have deterred a greater number of players from sticking with APB than allowing dethreating has retained.

LO would have access to actual data about this, and I am confident they will do whatever makes the most sense from a business standpoint.

i have some clips of people streaming literally using triggerbot on stream ... sent to support and they did nothing just got reply that its solved..