Lign

Mouse Acceleration/Dampening Fix

4 hours ago, Androvald said:

Well, the FOV scale is only used in marksmanship mode, at that point it's (Weapon FOV / 50) * Marksmanship Sensitivity. If you set it to 0.625 you will have the exact same sensitivity as walking and running (sprinting is slightly different), however scaled to the amount of zoom that the weapon offers.

We could add an option not to have the zoom affect the sensitivity, however I haven't seen this kind of option in any game, and will generally lead to a bad game-play experience. If you are using an HVR 762, for example, it would create behavior equivalent to setting the marksmanship sensitivity to 2.0536, which makes it very difficult to hit anyone. (We limit the value of marksmanship sensitivity to values between 0.1 and 1 at the moment).

Thanks again for the further information, Androvald! I was wondering what is "slightly different" about sprinting? Is it the fact that the camera position changes slightly, or are there any other modifiers attached?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Androvald said:

Well, the FOV scale is only used in marksmanship mode, at that point it's (Weapon FOV / 50) * Marksmanship Sensitivity. If you set it to 0.625 you will have the exact same sensitivity as walking and running (sprinting is slightly different), however scaled to the amount of zoom that the weapon offers.

We could add an option not to have the zoom affect the sensitivity, however I haven't seen this kind of option in any game, and will generally lead to a bad game-play experience. If you are using an HVR 762, for example, it would create behavior equivalent to setting the marksmanship sensitivity to 2.0536, which makes it very difficult to hit anyone. (We limit the value of marksmanship sensitivity to values between 0.1 and 1 at the moment).

Does this answer your question?

Yeah, thanks for the info! I always thought what you describe with the value of 0.625 to be the value of 1 and it always "felt strange". It would indeed be strange if zoom wouldn't effect sensivity and what I meant was that zoom impacts sensivity 1:1... Though 0.625 feels kinda right now and it looks like its the value I searched..

12 hours ago, Ashley said:

Thanks again for the further information, Androvald! I was wondering what is "slightly different" about sprinting? Is it the fact that the camera position changes slightly, or are there any other modifiers attached?

Pretty sure if you fully zoom out your cam and sprint it resets your fov I think he might mean that. Also any word when this'll be fixed it's quite jarring.

Edited by ForeverCr00ked

13 hours ago, Ashley said:

The walking / running FOV is 80, the sprinting and driving FOV is 95. (0.625 is the inverse of 80 / 50) Camera position does also change, but that shouldn't affect your perceived sensitivity that much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Androvald said:

The walking / running FOV is 80, the sprinting and driving FOV is 95. (0.625 is the inverse of 80 / 50) Camera position does also change, but that shouldn't affect your perceived sensitivity that much.

so are you saying zooming the cam out with '0' or '-' doesn't change the fov? Pretty sure it does and its annoying as hell that it zooms back in when you sprint.

13 minutes ago, ForeverCr00ked said:

so are you saying zooming the cam out with '0' or '-' doesn't change the fov? Pretty sure it does and its annoying as hell that it zooms back in when you sprint.

The camera adjustments with '=', '-' and '0' move the camera back and forth behind the character but do not change the FOV. The zoom when sprinting is done in FOV however, so will add up with whatever you have the camera zoom set to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Androvald said:

The camera adjustments with '=', '-' and '0' move the camera back and forth behind the character but do not change the FOV. The zoom when sprinting is done in FOV however, so will add up with whatever you have the camera zoom set to.

Odd it feels like it gives a higher fov since you can see further around corners. Even if this is true its still very annoying and jarring when the cam zooms back in while sprinting. EDIT: also can you guys undue the 'fix' to the crosshair/cam that moved it from actually being in the middle of the screen (I think it used to be higher).

Edited by ForeverCr00ked

For posterity dreamss, later on in the thread, provided the following alternative ini edits to disable mouse smoothing/acceleration:

is in APBGame\Config\DefaultInput.ini

+Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp   AbsoluteAxis=0")
+Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX  AbsoluteAxis=0")
+Bindings=(name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp   AbsoluteAxis=0")
+Bindings=(name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="Axis aBaseX   AbsoluteAxis=0")
+Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX")
+Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY")

in APBGame\Config\APBUI.ini

bCaptureUnprocessedInput=False

in APBGame\Config\APBEngine.ini and  APBGame\Config\APBCompat.ini and  \APBGame\Config\APBCompat_Dev.ini

OneFrameThreadLag=False

I can confirm that only these changes are the only ones that seem to disable mouse smoothing for me. Arvie's linked in the OP do nothing for me.

Edited by n0xlol
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, n0xlol said:

For posterity dreamss, later on in the thread, provided the following alternative ini edits to disable mouse smoothing/acceleration:

in APBGame\Config\APBEngine.ini and  APBGame\Config\APBCompat.ini and  \APBGame\Config\APBCompat_Dev.ini

OneFrameThreadLag=False

I can confirm that only these changes are the only ones that seem to disable mouse smoothing for me. Arvie's linked in the OP do nothing for me.

Isn't that only due to the last 2 bits? and not the actual Input changes..?

Indeed going by what Androvald tested the issue lies with one frame thread lag and capturing unprocessed inputs. Disable both in all instances and you should be good to go.

Edited by n0xlol

13 hours ago, Androvald said:

Hmm... this is odd and a bit unrelated to the topic, but if you're fully zoomed in and sprints, the camera zooms out, while if you're fully zoomed out and sprints, it will be zooming in instead. It has always seemed like an oversight to set it to a set value, disregarding whatever your zoom normally is, since I believe the original intention was to increase the FOV while sprinting to get a increased sense of speed.

EDIT:

Personally, I'd like to be fully zoomed out normally, without the sprinting affecting my FOV. So for me personally, it would work better if your camera is fully zoomed in, it will zoom out a bit while sprinting as normal, but then as you zoom the camera further back it will has less effect until it caps at the max value where there's no difference for normal movement and sprinting.

Edited by Dopefish
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 5:54 AM, n0xlol said:

OneFrameThreadLag=False

As said by androvald before: 

• LookUp/LookDown has no Impact on mouse input
  • GBA_TrunLeft/TurnRight are not used by the game, meaning they do nothing
  • Disabling OneFrameThreadLag will result in less performance. Could higher consistency of frames though.

My guess on the MouseX and MouseY bindings is they also do nothing at all.

The bCaptureUnprocessedInput might not even have something to do with mouse input at all...

I think this is not really changing anything either.

Edited by striker891

Applying the above changes are immediately apparent to mouse input. Some may be duds but there is a definite difference before and after.

Edited by n0xlol