tommyli973

Shortening the grind for standing?

Is there a reason that the grind for this game's character levels are so long? Does it serve a legitimate purpose other than to limit the player base only to hard core players? It seems that premium is necessary to feel any sense of progression what so ever. reducing the grind and increasing the content may make it easier to convert new players, i.e warframe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

the grind is the only thing that makes the game 'entertaining' for a lot of people imo

since you brought up warframe, i find that after ive done all the grinding to finally complete a frame or a gun that theres more of a "what now" feeling than anything else

then again on the flip side, i cant stand leveling apb characters but that can probably be chalked up to how many times ive done it

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Like 1

You misspelled "GrindFrame". 
Would also have accepted "Snoreframe" or even "Boreframe". 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You misspelled "GrindFrame". 
Would also have accepted "Snoreframe" or even "Boreframe". 

Dont forget WarFarm 

Correct me if I am mistaken but assuming you're gold/silver gold being you play in silver districts and silver in bronze districts. Doesn't APB have like a penalty to standing and all ex pee by like 20% if you play on a District lower than your threat? Maybe that's why?

I don't mind the grind really. Other then when I get the same opp over and over and they pound my poi, making grinding missions for me less fun. I haven't experienced playing on gold district, being gold, in a loooong time. 

Or is that penalty not a thing anymore? 🤔

31 minutes ago, Shyloid said:

Correct me if I am mistaken but assuming you're gold/silver gold being you play in silver districts and silver in bronze districts. Doesn't APB have like a penalty to standing and all ex pee by like 20% if you play on a District lower than your threat? Maybe that's why?

this hasnt been a thing for a few years now, the popup when you select a district with an "incorrect" threat level is just a confirmation that you realize your threat and the district threat dont match

57 minutes ago, Shyloid said:

I don't mind the grind really. Other then when I get the same opp over and over and they pound my poi, making grinding missions for me less fun. I haven't experienced playing on gold district, being gold, in a loooong time. 

Or is that penalty not a thing anymore? 🤔

that penalty was a thing for a few weeks (I think), it has been removed ages ago...

also, I'd like to have the grind reduced a little... even with premium it's really bad... I think it takes like 500-1000h to get to max rank... especially with more contacts coming up in the future and even more leveling it's gonna be really annoying leveling up.

yeah like this game should speed up the grind from 1-195. this lets more people get to the "endgame" where the game is alot more fun.

• Like 1

The grind does indeed need to be shortened.

However, I can't stop laughing at the complete absurdity that you'd use Warframe as an example of reducing grind.

• Like 1

Most mmos use the grind as a part of the gameplay. See World of Tanks for example.

I feel APB is fine as it is with the standing points, I would just change the end game mods to require a much lower level to be used. Things like Car Surfer are gamebreaking and it's stupid that players cannot use it until weeks of playing in.

Plus, if you want less grind, thats what Premium is for.

4 hours ago, Snubnose said:
that penalty was a thing for a few weeks (I think), it has been removed ages ago...

also, I'd like to have the grind reduced a little... even with premium it's really bad... I think it takes like 500-1000h to get to max rank... especially with more contacts coming up in the future and even more leveling it's gonna be really annoying leveling up.
Nah, it was simply how the districts worked back in 2011/2012ish. 

Also the number that I remember is more like an estimated 350 hours to reach maxlevel (partly premium). So lets say 300-450 hours.
That said I also am in support of a reduction which is pretty normal in any mmo when it ages.

6 hours ago, tommyli973 said:

this  lets more people get to the "endgame" where the game is alot more fun.

You mean hanging out in social?

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

300ish hours seems pretty fine to me for a F2P game. 

When you use premium and are more often than not on the winning side and as someone mentioned with new future contacts this number would go way up since the high tier ones require quite the grind. 

It is possible to get 3,000 to 4,000 standing in a single mission..... and you say its hard to get standing? what?
Who likes to play a game that is too easy to get things done and not feel any accomplishments for it?
It's fine the way it is.

p.s.  I do that without premium and I'm a high silver low gold so I can honestly say it is not that bad of a grind

18 hours ago, Nessie said:

Things like Car Surfer are gamebreaking and it's stupid that players cannot use it until weeks of playing in.

actually you can do that with a open slot and joker tickets Edited by Fortune Runner
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

It is possible to get 3,000 to 4,000 standing in a single mission..... and you say its hard to get standing? what?
Who likes to play a game that is too easy to get things done and not feel any accomplishments for it?
It's fine the way it is.

p.s.  I do that without premium and I'm a high silver low gold so I can honestly say it is not that bad of a grind

actually you can do that with a open slot and joker tickets
whr are u getting these 3000-4000 standing

It's fine the way it is.

its just that the long time frame for the grind i.e 500hr+ to get to lvl 195 for a newbie is far too discouraging for new players that would like to see progress every hour. To feel that every night they made noticeable efforts to lvl up. I have a lvl 131 and i feel like im wasting my time every night to have no progress whatsoever. I see no downside to halving the grind time to 195 or even 255. Especially when the expectation is that more levels will be added.

Just now, MrBubbleTea said:

It's fine the way it is.

whr are u getting these 3000-4000 standing
From my missions and I am sure others here as well. It is not uncommon.
  • Thanks 1

tbh game would get boring quicker without the "grind". it's not really a grind anyway. you just.. play and you.. rank up gradually.  if you're not finding it fun to rank up then idk i guess you're playing the wrong kinda game for you? what fun would it be getting max rank from a t in just a couple of hours or whatever you want.
i think a big problem with our generation is people are just so impatient and zombiefied now they want everything instantly without any effort or work

"gibs me dat for free"

6 minutes ago, tommyli973 said:

It's fine the way it is.

its just that the long time frame for the grind i.e 500hr+ to get to lvl 195 for a newbie is far too discouraging for new players that would like to see progress every hour. To feel that every night they made noticeable efforts to lvl up. I have a lvl 131 and i feel like im wasting my time every night to have no progress whatsoever. I see no downside to halving the grind time to 195 or even 255. Especially when the expectation is that more levels will be added.
I think you are mistaken about what is the real problem on getting standing......
It's the golds in bronze otherwise new players as you mentioned would have no problem doing it as well.
Small missions will not work however you would want larger ones and preferably with  other bronze friends that you work good together with
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
I think you are mistaken about what is the real problem on getting standing......
It's the golds in bronze otherwise new players as you mentioned would have no problem doing it as well.
Small missions will not work however you would want larger ones and preferably with  other bronze friends that you work good together with
ya this. tbh the only prob with ranking up is the gold pandemic plaguing bronze, they deliberately go there just to spite us bronze race and other newbies stopping us from getting any points in missions.
which can be fixed by fixing matchmaking so then getting points wont be an issue anymore.
when matches are fair i think the points are pretty balanced. Edited by Stunny

The grind is so long, because sense of accomplishment. And doesn't really matter past 195 anyways.

The higher tier contacts need a standing increase for their missions. Getting to R195 isn't that bad, but going up to R255 takes forever. It would also give new players a slight boost if they're friends are max rank and pledge to the high tier contacts.

Premium needs to give you +125% standing like it used to.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin