TooStrong

Premium vs non Premium players, rewards needs changing?

APB's economy relies too much on player creativity to work optimally, as there's little else to buy with the APB$ you accumulate once you reach the endgame (even worse with direct trading coming soon which will remove the need for anyone to part with cash to exchange one for another).

New players have to worry about mods, vehicles, and weapon rentals, but what does a veteran with ARMAS content under the belt have to worry about?

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
As a symbol maker, for me money HAS become worthless.
APBs economy is dumb imo.

I made themes and symbols back on Patriot too (stopped pre merge since I migrated to Obeya sooner).
I don't like JMBs out of principle so I never bought heavily into them. Somehow always had sth. to buy.

So to support your statement could you answer the following questions, please?
How long have you been managing your symbol business?
How many legendaries do you own? How many were bought for APB$?
Do you juggle mods between weapon/car switches or buy them for every separate?
How much premium do you have and whats your JMB history (nothing deailed of course)?

42 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:
I made themes and symbols back on Patriot too (stopped pre merge since I migrated to Obeya sooner).
I don't like JMBs out of principle so I never bought heavily into them. Somehow always had sth. to buy.

So to support your statement could you answer the following questions, please?
How long have you been managing your symbol business?
How many legendaries do you own? How many were bought for APB$?
Do you juggle mods between weapon/car switches or buy them for every separate?
How much premium do you have and whats your JMB history (nothing deailed of course)?

Current account is less than 2 years old.

Ive owned and given away every legendary at least once, and owned some as many as 3 times. 

All were bought with in game $, except a few that I have won from gold boxes.

I keep all characters on all accounts (8 characters  total) fully modded at all times (character weapon and vehicle mods).

Im pretty low on premium at the moment, mostly because I dont buy JMBs, so I tend to just buy prem outright whenever Im low. 

Though had I not always had premium, I would not have been able to make symbols and never would have had so much income. 

Now I only "need" money for car spawns and ammo. 

So if I do sell symbols anymore its just so I can buy stuff to give away. Such as vehices and mods or even just to buy some noobs sock for 250k.  Edited by CookiePuss

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Current account is less than 2 years old.
Ive owned and given away every legendary at least once, and owned some as many as 3 times.
All were bought with in game $, except a few that I have won from gold boxes.
I keep all characters on all accounts (8 characters  total) fully modded at all times (character weapon and vehicle mods).
Im pretty low on premium at the moment, mostly because I dont buy JMBs, so I tend to just buy prem outright whenever Im low. 
Though had I not always had premium, I would not have been able to make symbols and never would have had so much income.
Now I only "need" money for car spawns and ammo. 
So if I do sell symbols anymore its just so I can buy stuff to give away. Such as vehices and mods or even just to buy some noobs sock for 250k. 

Congrats to having a flourishing symbol business then.
But this still puts you in the top% that can not be accounted for when trying to balance the economy.
First off I don't know how many Gold JMBs you had but I consider your luck exceptional knowing I had nothing and Im past max loyalty by far.
Even those few "free" legendaries gave you millions. You don't spend money on leased weapons so all in all while JMBs being a little less of a factor you still are far from the norm.
The solution for a new layer can't  be to create a booming symbol/theme business.
Again, just because the exceptions in the top% think money is worthless and inflated doesn't mean that your average Joe is in the same position and we need to think about those.
For the money sink of those top% I mentioned a gimmicky that doesn't have any influence on gameplay. Being some server wide character display or special customary items on auction or whatever you can think of that new players don't need to feel bad about not having access to in their near future. 

10 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Congrats to having a flourishing symbol business then.
But this still puts you in the top% that can not be accounted for when trying to balance the economy.
First off I don't know how many Gold JMBs you had but I consider your luck exceptional knowing I had nothing and Im past max loyalty by far.
Even those few "free" legendaries gave you millions. You don't spend money on leased weapons so all in all while JMBs being a little less of a factor you still are far from the norm.
The solution for a new layer can't  be to create a booming symbol/theme business.
Again, just because the exceptions in the top% think money is worthless and inflated doesn't mean that your average Joe is in the same position and we need to think about those.
For the money sink of those top% I mentioned a gimmicky that doesn't have any influence on gameplay. Being some server wide character display or special customary items on auction or whatever you can think of that new players don't need to feel bad about not having access to in their near future. 

Oh dont get me wrong, I think the economy in APB is batshit crazy.
I was just giving what is one of many expamples of how it makes no sense.

every day in the arena the same clowns . 

CookiePuss the artist you're just as bad ,  like all your thoughts in General .

7 minutes ago, Yood said:

every day in the arena the same clowns . 

CookiePuss the artist you're just as bad ,  like all your thoughts in General .

5hEvFAD.gif

21 hours ago, illgot said:

The only issue I see with Premium is the 2x cool down on timers.

Exactly! 

22 hours ago, illgot said:

The only issue I see with Premium is the 2x cool down on timers.

There has to be someway to drive players to support the game, we cant all just live on wellfare and expect the game to continue to survive.
Adding premium to your account cant just be adding layers to you clothes and cars. The minor ingame cash increase, and customization benefits are not enough for some people. Sure adding armas discounts increases future purchases, but ingame cooldowns adds to the reason to be premium.
If they were to remove the 2x cooldown, what would you replace it with?

I remember back in the day, maybe 1 or 2 people in say a 8 person match (4v4) wouldnt be premium, now its just the opposite 1 or 2 are premium, the rest arent, so it cant be that big of a factor in game to lose the 2x cooldown. IMO.

22 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
What even is inflation?

Maybe we should solve poverty by printing more money?
this ^

A simple example of an uncontrolled printing of money was  Zimbabwe. Its that, during passage of time its local currency is not even worth the the paper in which it is printed.

If people are so concerned with premium and cooldowns then shouldn't  you need to learn to be better like golds so cooldowns don't matter at all anymore like it is with the golds?
I mean it makes sense right?