Scarlet

unbanned everyone? who has been FF?

Any chance that cheaters might see a penalty, such as progression rollback? If it was up to me I would make the blatant cheaters repeat their progression climb fairly after BattleEye drops. Show them that cheaters never win. Just a thought. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, kendric2000 said:

Any chance that cheaters might see a penalty, such as progression rollback? If it was up to me I would make the blatant cheaters repeat their progression climb fairly after BattleEye drops. Show them that cheaters never win. Just a thought. 

Yeah. I really don't cherish the thought of this extremely minor slap on the wrist. Their rank/roles/progress should be reset to 0. 

Just now, Kairi said:

Yeah. I really don't cherish the thought of this extremely minor slap on the wrist. Their rank/roles/progress should be reset to 0. 

Exactly my thought, you cheat. You need to earn back your ranks/unlocks from scratch. You have the do it fairly. See how good they are without aim and wall hacks. 

19 hours ago, Fumiku said:

Before you get too excited or disappointed, let's establish a couple expectations. 

• This isn't going to happen until we release the next patch with Battleye.
  • Please do not contact support asking to be unbanned. That will happen automatically when we're ready, and then we'll message the player base.
  • We will not be unbanning players that violated other parts of our terms and conditions. For instance, credit card fraud or other forms of illegal activities. 

My hope is that players will see this for the opportunity it is and come enjoy the game. If they choose to cheat, then we have given fair warning, and we will ban them again.

In the Q&A he already said that people who cheated get a unban as well.

(second chance thingie)

source: dude trust me „nah just a joke“

https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2018/05/two-week-update-q-notes-from-my-stream.html?m=1

Tbh I think the funny part is how were they told us how to improve our skill and play better,  "I fully understand the desire to want to put on some training wheels to make your own gaming experience a little more fun. Wall hacking. Smooth aim. No recoil. I get it. But ask yourself what are you afraid of? Being embarrassed? Losing a match? Isn't that how we get better?" 

Sounds just like cheaters rekt you and you learned how to play, I doubt about the person who said that really played the game and againsted the hackers, legit players don't even stand a damn chance to do so! How can they learn the game and get better?  So what? A cheating loser become to a tutor??????  "You know what? You can go this far and play as Pro just all because I am cheating and rekt you so many times and ruin your game experience as well, so you shall feel grateful!!" ???   HOW ABOUT DON'T TELL THE LEGIT PLAYER NOT AFRAID, TELL THOSE CHEATING LOSES DON'T DAMN CHEAT!????  AND GET BATTEYE ANTI-CHEAT ONLINE ASAP!! UBAN THOSE PLAYER THAT REALLY GOT FALSE BANNED AND LET THOSE REAL CHEATING LOSERS STAY IN TRASH CAN FOREVER PLEASE ?????

Edited by Sriant

20 minutes ago, Sriant said:

Tbh I think the funny part is how were they told us how to improve our skill and play better,  "I fully understand the desire to want to put on some training wheels to make your own gaming experience a little more fun. Wall hacking. Smooth aim. No recoil. I get it. But ask yourself what are you afraid of? Being embarrassed? Losing a match? Isn't that how we get better?" 

Sounds just like cheaters rekt you and you learned how to play, I doubt about the person who said that really played the game and againsted the hackers, legit players don't even stand a damn chance to do so! How can they learn the game and get better?  So what? A cheating loser become to a tutor??????  "You know what? You can go this far and play as Pro just all because I am cheating and rekt you so many times and ruin your game experience as well, so you shall feel grateful!!" ???   HOW ABOUT DON'T TELL THE LEGIT PLAYER NOT AFRAID, TELL THOSE CHEATING LOSES DON'T DAMN CHEAT!????  AND GET BATTEYE ANTI-CHEAT ONLINE ASAP!! UBAN THOSE PLAYER THAT REALLY GOT FALSE BANNED AND LET THOSE REAL CHEATING LOSERS STAY IN TRASH CAN FOREVER PLEASE ?????

deep breaths frend

Now... question of bans is problematic.

There are persons which are obvious cheaters non-stop appearing on FFBans with more and more alts - nobody got doubt this person will stay banned.

There are persons which are cheaters which closet for years - harder to proof but usually evidence against them is gathered online.

There are also persons such as me who either somehow triggered ban or get it due to error (who knows maybe player with good enough stats are considered potential cheaters by FFBans and any offence is immediatly used to slam ban label on them - i think that was my case).

Obvious cheaters will be catched again immediately or even already still be banned or to be banned, closets will be harder... depending on BattleEye configuration it will be taking weeks to years to ban them again if they prove they are okey... And then there persons like me, either banned for god knows why, bugs or due to "GM Freedom" (one of my friends got banned for years now outside of FairFight "without reason" - reason never was provided and he was called cheater (despite working FF that time to judge that)).

Edited by MitneAlt

It makes sense though, punkbuster bans were reversed in the past and people got a second chance. Same should be for FairFight and with a better anti-cheat. Always see people say 'but now all the cheaters are back' well no, there's going to be cheaters in a video game but as Matt said people should see the game for an opportunity. If players choose to cheat, then they have given fair warning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kendric2000 said:

Exactly my thought, you cheat. You need to earn back your ranks/unlocks from scratch. You have the do it fairly. See how good they are without aim and wall hacks. 

I do sorta like this idea, although it'd be too hard to distinguish between actual false bans and people who did cheat, I don't think it'd be fair for legit players who put so many hours into their accounts.

• Like 4

On 5/27/2018 at 8:31 AM, Ignas / qsn said:

I don't think it will be everyone.. for example VerreckDuSau, Film and other cheaters will stay there no matter what.

VerreckDuSau is not banned lul

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AlteSau said:

VerreckDuSau is not banned lul

only like 60 times. 

Once a cheater... always a cheater :)

So no worries xd

It makes no sense to give someone a second chance when they were already allowed to reroll but decided to cheat again.  Not every one but majority of people who got caught, just never want to learn.

The banned players would reroll anyway. So they are giving them a direct second/third/100th chance. And also, how could all of them go through BattlEye? Some might have the huge amount of time required to code private cheats. And the paid cheats scene is extremely private in APB. So, in spite of many accounts being unbanned, the amount of cheaters will be significantly lowered by BattlEye.

On 5/27/2018 at 8:02 AM, Clandestine said:

Yeah I've heard the same but it wasn't extensively explained and left big room for speculations

He literally said, clear as day, that they will keep bans of folks who did illegal things in-tact. I.E. Credit card fraud.

18 minutes ago, UnawarePolarBear said:

He literally said, clear as day, that they will keep bans of folks who did illegal things in-tact. I.E. Credit card fraud.

technically wearing svastika is illegal too (in germany)

6 hours ago, Nysiz said:

Once a cheater... always a cheater 🙂

So no worries xd

that is the most inaccurate statement of all time, yikes

Can we all just hold the spaghetti in our pockets and not trash each other? Lets hope for the best - new company, new standards. If they say that everyone deserve a second chance, so be it. You cannot be still mad at someone for cheating 3-4 years ago. People have a lot of time to rethink their actions. Pointing with fingers just makes you look immature. If we want to make APB a better game, we must first start with ourselves.

(I know this sounds g*y AF, but it's true )

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rim said:

It makes sense though, punkbuster bans were reversed in the past and people got a second chance. Same should be for FairFight and with a better anti-cheat. Always see people say 'but now all the cheaters are back' well no, there's going to be cheaters in a video game but as Matt said people should see the game for an opportunity. If players choose to cheat, then they have given fair warning.

Dude. Do you know how long takes to banned all those cheaters such as : fva, speca , tuav , major blood, rawisdead and others?  I listed 5 of the most famous cheaters that played in Jericho, 3 of them already got max rank.  If we let those losers come out the cage, believe me they will cheat again! And god knows how long will takes to put them back in the cage again and how many legit players will get rekt and been ruined the game experiences by them?  

Think about this, NOT EVERY ONE NOW IN FF BAN LIST DESERVE A SECOND CHANCE!

Edited by Sriant

2 minutes ago, Sriant said:

Dude. Do you know how takes to banned all those cheaters such as : fva, speca , tuav , major blood, rawisdead and others?  I listed 5 of the most famous cheaters that played in Jericho, 3 of them already got max rank.  If we let those losers come out the cage, believe me they will cheat again! And god knows how long will takes to put them back in the cage again and how many legit players will get rekt and been ruined the game experiences by them?  

Think about this, NOT EVERY ONE NOW IN FF BAN LIST DESERVE A SECOND CHANCE!

obviously not, but clearly orbit has determined there was enough problems to justify undoing the majority of ff bans

4 hours ago, ninetenduh said:

only like 60 times. 

VereckDuSau is not the same guy as the one having the numbers behind the name iirc.

• Thanks 1

I think many of you are forgetting that with Battleye, they won't be able to really cheat anyway. Wouldn't you rather beat their asses now when they can't cheat anymore, rather than not even having them back at all? 

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2018 at 5:44 PM, SilverCrow said:

I think many of you are forgetting that with Battleye, they won't be able to really cheat anyway. Wouldn't you rather beat their asses now when they can't cheat anymore, rather than not even having them back at all? 

I have yet not set any "hope level" on battle eyes performance and will gonna see how well it works 2 month after impelmentation. No expectations means not being disappointed.

1 minute ago, LilyV3 said:

I have yet not set any "hope level" on battle eyes performance and will gonna see how well it works 2 month after impelmentation. No expectations means not being disappointed.

Yup. I subscribe to the "I believe it when I see it"-approach too 🙂

On 5/27/2018 at 7:26 AM, Scarlet said:

you telling me people could cheat now, somewhat get banned by FF and wait for the release of BattleEye and the person who cheated recently gets unbanned automatic?

There are still players cheating till this day who are high ranks.

Shh! Don't give them ideas!

Ignore this, error posting and it double posted for some reason.  Apologies.

Edited by Guest