Darkzero3802

Will LO Make JMBs Fairer For The Players?

if you have run out of money for school dining room need to to accumulate gaming money and to purchase a pistol on auction

Said it before and I'll say it again, 50$ is too low for a gun that's supposed to be "rare " / "valuable" / "special" when most ACCOUNT PERMANENT weapons on ARMAS can be gotten for similar amounts (or less)

150 boxes would be a good butter zone, if a bit low even -- after all, at that point you're obviously dedicated to getting the gun anyway at the cost of getting it over something for all of your characters and alts ever, and it also wouldn't completely devalue the heck out of the guns on the market. 150 boxes is around 120$, if you buy them 50 at a time (in the 20+5 packs)

It should also be a one-time thing, and you can't get multiple legendaries by buying 150 more boxes. Further, you still have your chances to get the legendary in less money, on your way up to the 150 box amount as well in this situation.

Edited by Mightyena

How to fix jmb

"stop giving 3day atacs and give JT or ingame apb$, or idk you won 15g1c"

39 minutes ago, Keshi said:

How to fix jmb

"stop giving 3day atacs and give JT or ingame apb$, or idk you won 15g1c"

That would be full on gambling.

They are getting around it by giving you a reward they value at equivalent or more to that of the box you purchase. 

On 8/20/2018 at 2:03 PM, V2050 said:

Here's a thing that I believe most players are not getting.

Let's say you have 1% chance of getting a Legendary from a JMB.
You'd guess "well, then let's buy 100 JMBs, one of them is guaranteed to have a Legendary".

See, that's the mistake that almost everyone makes.

The percentage of getting the cool reward out of a lootbox (in this case, a Legendary out of a JMB) applies to every single box, not the stack. Each box has a 99% probability of giving you something else.
You might be the luckiest man in history and get 50 Legendaries even with that low chance, or you could be like me and get none.

Let's say we increase the chance to 10% because f*ck easy profits, we want to give Legendaries to a lot of people (not mocking you here, in case you're reading something wrong between the lines).
Let's say you buy 100 JMBs again because, with that percentage buff, your chances are now generously higher than before.

Would you finally get a (sort of) guaranteed shot at the Legendary?

F*ck no Jimmy, f*ck no.

You may very well still end up with lots of stuff that is not what you were looking for because of the same principle: the 10% chance applies to every single box.
It doesn't mean you're getting a guaranteed Legendary after ~10 rolls. Hell, it doesn't even mean you're guaranteed to get one after 50 rolls either.

The same strategy applies for every game, and every player from a certain game will tell you their lootbox system is rigged/gambling/unfair. Every single one.

But that is just probability. The answer is the same for every game.

Now, we might also believe this is more like gambling than probability, but unless the whole process is revealed we don't know for sure.
All I can tell you is that, whenever somebody tells me the lootbox system in a certain game is more like gambling, I am reminded about how claw machines work.
Though, to be honest, those are real money milking machines than gambling machines.

Bottom line of this is: if you're not into lootbox gambling, then spend your time farming APB$ instead, then pick your Legendaries off the Auction House. That's what I'd do, honestly

0.99^100 = 36.6%
0.90^10 = 34.9%
0.9^50 = 0.5%
Those are the chances to not get any legendaries in your three scenarios. You could've said that way shorter.

On 8/22/2018 at 10:42 AM, Genobee said:
That would be full on gambling.

They are getting around it by giving you a reward they value at equivalent or more to that of the box you purchase. 
It isnt full on gambling already?

29 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:
It isnt full on gambling already?
legally no

JMBs should offer a guaranteed Legendary after so many are opened, 50-100 maybe.  I've seen it several mobile gacha style games with this system.

Overall I loathe gacha style F2P game systems where a game is P2W.  I don't like it in APB either, but hey, I've made the in-game cash so I can ignore JMBs all together.  If LO keeps doing a good job though I might reopen my wallet eventually.

On 8/22/2018 at 10:42 AM, Genobee said:

They are defining what the 'value' is, and that's totally subjective between them and us.  It's always gonna be in the grey area as to what's gambling etc.

30 minutes ago, mynd said:

JMBs should offer a guaranteed Legendary after so many are opened, 50-100 maybe.  I've seen it several mobile gacha style games with this system.

Open a certain number of JMBs, earn a Joker Token you can spend to redeem a weapon between a choice of three - an ARMAS only gun, a 3-slotter or a Legendary weapon, all permanent and mailable between your characters.
The three redeemable weapons rotate weekly and both tokens and your JMB counter reset at each rotation, so you can't just hold onto your tokens indefinitely in hope that your favourite weapon eventually shows up or always be 1 JMB away from getting the next token. 

Seems like an OK idea to me imo. Edited by Rikard86

the more dollars you spend
1) you quickly reach the level of loyalty that will give you the opportunity to get the N-HVR 243-SD PR2 ,CBMP-45 'Bolt' , AMG-556 'Euryale' .
2) the more dollars you spend the more Gold boxes you get . they are working very well at the moment .
and of course you need LUCK .

Edited by Yood

19 hours ago, mynd said:

Overall I loathe gacha style F2P game systems where a game is P2W.  I don't like it in APB either, but hey, I've made the in-game cash so I can ignore JMBs all together.  If LO keeps doing a good job though I might reopen my wallet eventually.

They are defining what the 'value' is, and that's totally subjective between them and us.  It's always gonna be in the grey area as to what's gambling etc.

APB isnt P2W. Lets not start that here.

18 hours ago, Rikard86 said:

Open a certain number of JMBs, earn a Joker Token you can spend to redeem a weapon between a choice of three - an ARMAS only gun, a 3-slotter or a Legendary weapon, all permanent and mailable between your characters.
The three redeemable weapons rotate weekly and both tokens and your JMB counter reset at each rotation, so you can't just hold onto your tokens indefinitely in hope that your favourite weapon eventually shows up or always be 1 JMB away from getting the next token. 

Seems like an OK idea to me imo.

Yea thats an idea I can get behind as well

15 hours ago, Yood said:

the more dollars you spend 1) you quickly reach the level of loyalty that will give you the opportunity to get the N-HVR 243-SD PR2 ,CBMP-45 'Bolt' , AMG-556 'Euryale' . 2) the more dollars you spend the more Gold boxes you get . they are working very well at the moment . and of course you need LUCK .

You need RNG to like you you mean.

7 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Never said APB was.  Sorry if that was unclear.

JMB should get overhaul. Everytime player gets already owned item it should be converted into small amount of special coins.
Later on the coins could be used to buy certain legendaries and items exclusive only to those coins. It would make the system more fair because at some point everyone would be able to get exactly what he wanted and JMB exclusive items would keep the sales running. 
There's similar system in ESO and even tho everyone's crying about money hungry ZOS I think that's a lot better than buying 100 JMB and getting nothing.

9 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

You need RNG to like you you mean.
I don't need anything for a long time . I have the entire legendary line including the modification models . when I started playing I was buying boxes of Joker blocks . and the result was disastrous . over the last year I spent about 2,000 G1 . and even with my bad luck in gambling I got OGRE , Flare Gun and UL-3 'Hitchhiker' . 

random number generator - I think this is for you
1 hour ago, Clandestine said:

everyone's crying about money hungry ZOS

can you explain ? Edited by Yood

7 minutes ago, Yood said:
I don't need anything for a long time . I have the entire legendary line including the modification models . when I started playing I was buying boxes of Joker blocks . and the result was disastrous . over the last year I spent about 2,000 G1 . and even with my bad luck in gambling I got OGRE , Flare Gun and UL-3 'Hitchhiker' . 

random number generator - I think this is for you can you explain ?
Zenimax. Another game but with fair looting boxes.

9 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Edited by Yood

APB can be considered P2W .

I personally passed character R164 for 317 Hr. only stock weapons . I'm sure thousands of accounts aren't interested .

14 minutes ago, Clandestine said:
22 minutes ago, Yood said:

Zenimax. Another game but with fair looting boxes.
there is no alternative to the APB game .

On 8/17/2018 at 9:57 PM, Shini said:

to be fair, apb boxes are only $1, i think the % is a lot higher than CSGO's or PUBG's crates which are a tiny fraction <1% like 0.03% or even less. And they cost $4-$5

in apb, i am inclined to guess its somewhere around 1% for APB to get a legendary. even more with the gold joker boxes at $4. Personally I bought 100 and got 1 showstopper and also back in the day JMB1/2 the rates were much higher and premium was given out like candy.

Its expensive but not that bad when compared to others

9,900g1 =100box=and you got 1 showstopper =that is some 80-90 $ for shit secondary=f u c k that box
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Yood said:

APB can be considered P2W .

I personally passed character R164 for 317 Hr. only stock weapons . I'm sure thousands of accounts aren't interested .

there is no alternative to the APB game .
But APB can learn and get inspiration from other games

On 8/24/2018 at 10:15 PM, Clandestine said:

JMB should get overhaul. Everytime player gets already owned item it should be converted into small amount of special coins.
Later on the coins could be used to buy certain legendaries and items exclusive only to those coins. It would make the system more fair because at some point everyone would be able to get exactly what he wanted and JMB exclusive items would keep the sales running. 
There's similar system in ESO and even tho everyone's crying about money hungry ZOS I think that's a lot better than buying 100 JMB and getting nothing.

Not a bad idea. not getting dupes and not getting 100 3 day leases of owned weapons would be nice. Overwatch has this in place where dupes turn into currency that can be used later for things you want and or need.
  • Like 1

Heres something for those of you who dont think JMBs are gambling https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-17-15-european-gambling-regulators-unite-to-tackle-loot-box-threat
JMBs fall perfectly into the loot box category and LO might want to take heed as to whats happening with this as they do have both an EU and US servers.

Edited by Darkzero3802

46 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Heres something for those of you who dont think JMBs are gambling https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-17-15-european-gambling-regulators-unite-to-tackle-loot-box-threat
JMBs fall perfectly into the loot box category and LO might want to take heed as to whats happening with this as they do have both an EU and US servers.

I gambled once... it sucked because when I lost, I got nothing... absolutely nothing.

56 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

People from the netherlands and belgium can't get JMB's anymore due to actual lootbox blocking regulations being written into law, should other countries add it as well I think LO will block it there as well

8 minutes ago, Kevkof said:
1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

People from the netherlands and belgium can't get JMB's anymore due to actual lootbox blocking regulations being written into law, should other countries add it as well I think LO will block it there as well
i am honestly interested in the future of f2p games after this.
who knows, maybe they can pull an warframe on these and have monthly special offers like prime access or maybe they will improve the premium services to fit something like fortnite?  Edited by Bellenettiel

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:
2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I gambled once... it sucked because when I lost, I got nothing... absolutely nothing.

Isnt that the value of timed weapons? Especially 3 day ones?

1 hour ago, Kevkof said:
2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Well it looks like that will be the case for EU as well and as it stands the majority of the APB community is from the EU. LO needs to replace the JMBs or make them so it isnt considered gambling otherwise they will lose out.

1 hour ago, Bellenettiel said:
i am honestly interested in the future of f2p games after this.
who knows, maybe they can pull an warframe on these and have monthly special offers like prime access or maybe they will improve the premium services to fit something like fortnite? 
Im hoping it reverts back to how it was before the addition of gambling boxes, straight up purchase items with limited items that cost alittle more and wont be sold ever again. Money is made and the community is happy.