Hexerin

With the rampant earrape themes nowadays, it's time to add a global toggle.

YES i have been saying it in game and confronting people about it.Same with those DJs in fight club that blast music and even if i ignore them they keep on playing it somehow.What wee need is a global mute and a selective mute for mics and themes in the score tab please.

43 minutes ago, Sayori said:

When you say earrape, you mean those cookie-cutter "lofi hip hop" themes? But yes, we need an option to disable them.

he means those that blast music and triggering sounds really loud scaring you and hurting your ears.People with sensitive hearing need to avoid these idiotic actions...

We need more options about a sound.
Like Sound effect , music , VoiP , more.

4 hours ago, Triksterism said:

Disable Music (themes optional)

ren "%~dp0APBGame\Content\Audio\DefaultMusicLibrary\*.mp3" *.back
ren "%~dp0APBGame\Content\Audio\DefaultMusicLibrary\*.wav" *.back
ren "%~dp0APBGame\Content\Audio\FilePackages\Music.pck" *.back
REM cd /d "%~dp0APBGame\Content\Audio\MusicStudio\Instruments"
REM for /f "tokens=* delims= " %%a in ('dir /b /ad /s') do rename "%%a\*.wav" "*.back"
Remove "REM" in front of the last two lines to disable themes as well. Save as a .bat file INSIDE YOUR APB DIRECTORY.

Restore Music/Themes

@echo off
ren "%~dp0APBGame\Content\Audio\DefaultMusicLibrary\*.back" *.mp3
ren "%~dp0APBGame\Content\Audio\FilePackages\*.back" *.pck
cd /d "%~dp0APBGame\Content\Audio\MusicStudio\Instruments"
for /f "tokens=* delims= " %%a in ('dir /b /ad /s') do rename "%%a\*.back" "*.wav"
Save as a .bat file INSIDE YOUR APB DIRECTORY.
Thanks for this, Trik. 

5 hours ago, Solista2050 said:
There was little of it because people were just starting to make themes. It took them nothing to realise that they could create a theme consisting of just a long and irritating BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

And it's not something that happens just now. It used to happen even when APB was a much more popular game. Maybe not in 2011, but (relatively) soon thereafter.

Personally, as a musically-inclined person, using such a cool instrument to cause grievance to others should be enough to have the offender's face mauled by a chair. Bonus points if it's the same chair from wrestling matches.

Also, yeah, as others have said, /ignore a person and their theme (whichever they choose) will stay muted as well.

That was my point, as the yrs have gone on its been happening more and more frequently, mainly from the kiddies who arent even supposed to be playing a M rated game. Then you got those trolls who have nothing better to do then to ruin the game for others just cuz

16 hours ago, Hexerin said:

You've done well with the friend/ignore list, /who changes, etc. It's time to extend that to themes as well. Add a toggle (ideally in audio options) that disables themes from anyone not on your friend list, in your clan, etc. These abusive themes cause actual physical damage to players who use headphones or earbuds, and are exceptionally grating even for those who use normal speakers. Take action and give us players the tools to deal with it proactively.

@MattScott

Also add one for songs, as a lot of people use static created songs to irritate others/ grief them
22 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
5 hours ago, Triksterism said:

Disable Music (themes optional)

ren "%~dp0APBGame\Content\Audio\DefaultMusicLibrary\*.mp3" *.back
ren "%~dp0APBGame\Content\Audio\DefaultMusicLibrary\*.wav" *.back
ren "%~dp0APBGame\Content\Audio\FilePackages\Music.pck" *.back
REM cd /d "%~dp0APBGame\Content\Audio\MusicStudio\Instruments"
REM for /f "tokens=* delims= " %%a in ('dir /b /ad /s') do rename "%%a\*.wav" "*.back"
Remove "REM" in front of the last two lines to disable themes as well. Save as a .bat file INSIDE YOUR APB DIRECTORY.

Restore Music/Themes

@echo off
ren "%~dp0APBGame\Content\Audio\DefaultMusicLibrary\*.back" *.mp3
ren "%~dp0APBGame\Content\Audio\FilePackages\*.back" *.pck
cd /d "%~dp0APBGame\Content\Audio\MusicStudio\Instruments"
for /f "tokens=* delims= " %%a in ('dir /b /ad /s') do rename "%%a\*.back" "*.wav"
Save as a .bat file INSIDE YOUR APB DIRECTORY.
Thanks for this, Trik. 
He didn't make the files, he appropriated it from someone else, to get the credit.

3 hours ago, dett2 said:

We need more options about a sound.
Like Sound effect , music , VoiP , more.

Yep. More instruments. More sounds. What we have already is good, but creators need MORE.

wouldn't be the same without themes, it adds to the charm i like them.
some need to start choosing better quality themes though. those annoying loud BEEP. BEEP. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP kinda ones are unecessary

yes... PLEASE add this feature to disable them or mute.,, even if it's 'listen 1 time per match' i'd tolerate that. but as it is now...

i would like everyone at Little Orbit to get the old AOL "You've Got Mail" sound file and have your PC and phone play that every time a message comes in. mix in a "YO" and "HEY" as well as a high pitch test tone with it.

see how long you can tolerate that :0

52 minutes ago, Kivron said:
He didn't make the files, he appropriated it from someone else, to get the credit.
The original batch files were from some big forum guy wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back in the day. These batch files were later edited by another guy I can't recall (it's been ~4-5 years). I found his post and further edited the commands to be more efficient.

I've never claimed to be the original batch dude nor have I stated anywhere that I made them all myself. I just happened to have a solution to a problem the OP has.

1 hour ago, Kivron said:
Also add one for songs, as a lot of people use static created songs to irritate others/ grief them He didn't make the files, he appropriated it from someone else, to get the credit.
I was just thanking him for posting it.
Since its what I was looking for.

18 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
I was just thanking him for posting it.
Since its what I was looking for.

He explained as much meh

Oh look, a good topic, for the first time in... forever.