Tobii

OTW 8/17 Balance changes

Most of the focus has been on how badly they have fucked up the shotguns.

They have messed up the DMR badly by the increased range moving the damage ramp, making it pretty much obsolete. They need to reduce the range that the ramp starts in order to redress this, or revert the changes specific to the DMR sniper rifles.

Little Orbit have demonstrated how little they actually know about APB, firstly by unbanning the cheaters and rejuvenating the infestation of scum with a free pass, and secondly by making changes without actually bothering to understand why things have been the way they are or the mechanics of specific niche weapon groups before making blanket changes.

I had hopes for them before they did this. What a shame.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Vipertechs said:

Most of the focus has been on how badly they have fucked up the shotguns.

They have messed up the DMR badly by the increased range moving the damage ramp, making it pretty much obsolete. They need to reduce the range that the ramp starts in order to redress this, or revert the changes specific to the DMR sniper rifles.

Little Orbit have demonstrated how little they actually know about APB, firstly by unbanning the cheaters and rejuvenating the infestation of scum with a free pass, and secondly by making changes without actually bothering to understand why things have been the way they are or the mechanics of specific niche weapon groups before making blanket changes.

I had hopes for them before they did this. What a shame.

DMR is bad? i'm still 2shotting people above 88m so maybe i am missing something
Shotguns are 75% fine. The JG just needs a little range nerf because now the JG outpowers the csg and tasz20 and the shredder needs a decent range nerf because it's like a rifle and a shotgun at the same time now.

So far Little Orbit demonstrated that they HAVE what it takes to try putting a game in a better state. So far besides what i said about the shotguns, the weapon balance was 1 step into the right directions. I see people using other guns now that you barely ever saw back then when all you use was ntec, carbine and hvr. That weapon balance gave us new toys to play with but it still needs tweaking.

Some people expect changes to always be 100% positive while you can never expect everything to go according to plan.

This game was dying slowly since 2010 and LO is trying not to fully sink the ship. So let them do the work and have "HOPE" they will unsink the ship a bit. Edited by Keshi
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, Keshi said:
DMR is bad? i'm still 2shotting people above 88m so maybe i am missing something
Shotguns are 75% fine. The JG just needs a little range nerf because now the JG outpowers the csg and tasz20 and the shredder needs a decent range nerf because it's like a rifle and a shotgun at the same time now.

So far Little Orbit demonstrated that they HAVE what it takes to try putting a game in a better state. So far besides what i said about the shotguns, the weapon balance was 1 step into the right directions. I see people using other guns now that you barely ever saw back then when all you use was ntec, carbine and hvr. That weapon balance gave us new toys to play with but it still needs tweaking.

Some people expect changes to always be 100% positive while you can never expect everything to go according to plan.

This game was dying slowly since 2010 and LO is trying not to fully sink the ship. So let them do the work and have "HOPE" they will unsink the ship a bit.
Strangely enough, the whole reason I commented about the DMR was because I've noticed that it ISN'T as effective at long range as it used to be.

I am not sure if giving hosts of cheaters a free pass is demonstrating that they have what it takes to improve things. Shotgun imbalance + cheaters using triggerbots = wrecking the game for legitimate players even further. No doubt the cheaters and their sycophantic buddies will say it isn't so - but I kind of expect that from scum.

8 minutes ago, Vipertechs said:
Strangely enough, the whole reason I commented about the DMR was because I've noticed that it ISN'T as effective at long range as it used to be.

I am not sure if giving hosts of cheaters a free pass is demonstrating that they have what it takes to improve things. Shotgun imbalance + cheaters using triggerbots = wrecking the game for legitimate players even further. No doubt the cheaters and their sycophantic buddies will say it isn't so - but I kind of expect that from scum.
About unbanning cheaters, there was something i always said. Give everyone a chance or give none a chance. And that goes to either every banned player or not unbanning anyone.

We all know g1 can ban someone "just because" And even i who never got fairfighted know that there were player who got banned for no reason and prob had no attachments in their profiles proving they were not legit. Matt said to unban the players because he did not like what he saw when he checked the fairfight bans. Some legit players got unbanned but so does those who WERE NOT legit got unbanned.
I find it unfair that some people who did broke the ToS got unbanned while there are others who prob wanted a second chance who got banned for anything else, did NOT get unbanned. 
Regardless what ToS you broke, unban everyone or keep everyone banned.

There is always gonna be decisions people will and will not agree to. As someone who has to take actions to keep the work going(Aka matt), he knows his actions has consequences and i don't have any issues with the unban players. BattlEye will throw them back in the banwave. I've seen so many edgy players play "decent" now as of like ever since battlEye they deleted their cheats or something lol.  

EDIT:
P.S. ever since battlEye i havn't spotted a single cheater yet. On Jericho Edited by Keshi