Danimal

Old version still playable after EU is released?

********NOT A POST ABOUT WHEN EU IS COMING********

Just curious about whether or not APB:R will have a option to play on the old engine as well as the new EU? 

My PC is a potato so will I only be able to play on my kids gaming PCs or will I be able to run the lower current standard graphic settings?

Thanks for the input.

Most likely wont be having two versions, but if the EU goes as planned there should be an increase in performance, not decrease.

doubtful, it will most likely either be

• a patch (albeit a very large one), so if you dont have the correct game version you wont be able to log in
  • an entirely new client, in which case you obviously have to have the right client
keeping two versions of apb running at once would cost at least double the resources, since theyre essentially completely different games

Hmmm well I am looking to get a new PC so I should be fine for 2019. 

I was just thinking about people, like me who barely get 30 fps constantly now.

So the EU will not take more resources than it currently takes to run?

Cs:go / Left 4 Dead 2 runs flawlessly on the potato. Dead by daylight runs but staggers durning certain actions, same goes for APB.

Duo core 4 gigs ram 450gts 1gig gpu.

The main difference between the current game and the engine upgrade is that the EU will not be playable on 32-bit Windows systems. It will require 64-bit. So unless you're still running on Vista or something there'll be no issue. Other than that, lower end PCs should perform much better with the more optimised engine.

Edited by Kiida

1 minute ago, Kiida said:

The main difference between the current game and the engine upgrade is that the EU will not be playable on 32-bit Windows systems. It will require 64-bit. Other than that, lower end PCs should perform much better with the more optimised engine.

That is encouraging. The 64-bit part that is.

1 minute ago, Puffdragon said:
3 minutes ago, Kiida said:

The main difference between the current game and the engine upgrade is that the EU will not be playable on 32-bit Windows systems. It will require 64-bit. Other than that, lower end PCs should perform much better with the more optimised engine.

That is encouraging. The 64-bit part that is.
If it is just as bad as when Dirty Bomb went from 32 to 64bit I'm not so encouraged.

Well the voices in my head are telling me that 64-bit exe's are more compliant with amd chipsets, which are popular among gamers.

21 minutes ago, Kiida said:

So unless you're still running on Vista or something there'll be no issue.

Vista did have 64bit versions of all its SKUs though, so even then you'd be fine (if you had a GPU old enough to have driver support for Vista)

The migration to 3.5 version of UE should actually improve the performance CPU-wise, probably (but I am doubtful) even GPU-load-wise, however the game will get a graphical upgrade when it comes to shaders and shadows, so there might be more post-processing computations involved. Then, UE4 migration will kill off the 'old PC' players, UE4 is a heck of an engine and dualcore CPUs under 2.5 GHz will have a problem. If devs want to make the game more future-proof, they'll be adding stuff in as well, which ultimately means you're going to have to future-proof your PC if you want to keep playing.

11 minutes ago, Lokislav said:

The migration to 3.5 version of UE should actually improve the performance CPU-wise, probably (but I am doubtful) even GPU-load-wise, however the game will get a graphical upgrade when it comes to shaders and shadows, so there might be more post-processing computations involved. Then, UE4 migration will kill off the 'old PC' players, UE4 is a heck of an engine and dualcore CPUs under 2.5 GHz will have a problem. If devs want to make the game more future-proof, they'll be adding stuff in as well, which ultimately means you're going to have to future-proof your PC if you want to keep playing.

Perhaps, I think I might throw the 3.5 engine on my xbox just for kicks. The textures don't look THAT more intensive, but then again, what do I know.

12 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:
Perhaps, I think I might throw the 3.5 engine on my xbox just for kicks. The textures don't look THAT more intensive, but then again, what do I know.
Can't really compare the console ports to the proper PC EU though, they had to remove a LOT of content to even get it working, including the day/night cycle. And it still runs like patootie. Just shows that APB was never built for consoles, even if RTW might have intended it to be at some point.

The Asylum render test footage showed better looking graphics and though textures weren't really changed, they did feel more real, less washed out.

2 and a half years later FeelsBadMan Edited by Kiida

Thanks for the information.

My current OS is win 7 upgradable to 10 once my PC is upgraded as well.

Currently working a extra day a week to save up some cash for a new PC build. 

Hoping to start my Twitch career shortly thereafter. 

One day I will champion Summit for follows....one day!

Stay well APBites. 

23 minutes ago, Kiida said:
Can't really compare the console ports to the proper PC EU though, they had to remove a LOT of content to even get it working, including the day/night cycle. And it still runs like patootie. Just shows that APB was never built for consoles, even if RTW might have intended it to be at some point.

The Asylum render test footage showed better looking graphics and though textures weren't really changed, they did feel more real, less washed out.

2 and a half years later FeelsBadMan
yes ofcourse you are correct. It's good to see you again btw.

Please explain to me: When you say EU, you mean UE 3.5 or am I missing something?

13 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

Please explain to me: When you say EU, you mean UE 3.5 or am I missing something?

I think its Engine Upgrade / Update.
But yeah, shit gets confusing.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:
I think its Engine Upgrade / Update.
But yeah, shit gets confusing.
here I thought he meant a European Union server

8 hours ago, Kiida said:

2 and a half years later FeelsBadMan
true as heck. The console version is bare bones just to be able to run. The pc version should have everything on it. Looking forward to the better visuals and more accurate colors, tired of red being pink, and blue being violet for some reason(shitty instagram filter graphics AHEM OLD G1 TEAMxdxdxdxdxdx)

Also it's kinda neat how they matched the firerate of the Star with the beat of the music in the video.

17 hours ago, Danimal said:

Hmmm well I am looking to get a new PC so I should be fine for 2019. 

I was just thinking about people, like me who barely get 30 fps constantly now.

So the EU will not take more resources than it currently takes to run?

Cs:go / Left 4 Dead 2 runs flawlessly on the potato. Dead by daylight runs but staggers durning certain actions, same goes for APB.

Duo core 4 gigs ram 450gts 1gig gpu.

U need to upgrade atleast to 8gb ram. Edited by valdas001