Misterff1

Apparently unpopular opinion: I love the new balance changes!

Not sure if those range fixes have come in yet, but I was playing again yesterday and had an absolute blast! Many people complain about the shotsguns in particular, but I really do not see the problem. From my experience,there is a lot more balance in types of weapons used and I felt the need to swap to different styles to stay relevant in a match more often than before.
To me, that sounds like striking a good balance! 

Also to those saying they get fed up with getting shot so quickly from closeby...yah that is what shotguns tend to (and should) do. How about moving further away? That you easily keep you from, you know, dying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SML said:

except shredder...

Well perhaps some specifics with weapons could do with minor tweaks, I agree, but looking at the overall change I feel like gameplay has improved significantly

I loved what they done with the shotguns, i haven't tested all of them yet, but man, it feels good to have a decent JG. The only thing that needs some adjustment is the Shredder.
Oh, the the new anubis crosshair makes the weapon waaaay easier to play with.
pls buff N-TEC 5 and variants

25 minutes ago, SML said:

except shredder...

why though? It dies to cqc weapons if you get too close and dies to medium range weapons if you're slightly too far.. It's a good hybrid is all.

Bringing new weapons into the meta doesn't make them OP. It just makes them relevant. With the slight range nerf, I'm getting far less 3-shot kills so it's just fine.

The only issue I have is shotguns now rule cqc class weapons. 
There is no longer any reason to use an smg, as shotguns are now so incredibly forgiving. 
Not the end of the world, Ive simly swapped my OCA and Whisper for my Country Gent and Tas20 Stock. 
Still, its hard to call this result "balance"... "change" might be a more accurate description.

idk i'm fine so far with the patch but i somewhat do agree with @CookiePuss
Then again an smg is useless only if the shotgun users can't land their pellets

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

The only issue I have is shotguns now rule cqc class weapons. 
There is no longer any reason to use an smg, as shotguns are now so incredibly forgiving. 
Not the end of the world, Ive simly swapped my OCA and Whisper for my Country Gent and Tas20 Stock. 
Still, its hard to call this result "balance"... "change" might be a more accurate description.

The OCA still competes unless a shotgunner is using his corners correctly at face distance ( yes, we had this conversation already..)

But I feel like shotguns SHOULD own face cqc since it's their range niche whereas smgs are between shotguns and ARs. That said-SMGs definitely need some love. I play the Norseman Hoenir and the manic from time to time for fun, but they aren't really competitive.. I end up switching to a PMG, AMR, or an OCA if a fight gets serious and I want an automatic

51 minutes ago, Unclean said:
The OCA still competes unless a shotgunner is using his corners correctly at face distance ( yes, we had this conversation already..)

But I feel like shotguns SHOULD own face cqc since it's their range niche whereas smgs are between shotguns and ARs. That said-SMGs definitely need some love. I play the Norseman Hoenir and the manic from time to time for fun, but they aren't really competitive.. I end up switching to a PMG, AMR, or an OCA if a fight gets serious and I want an automatic
I was planning on rebutting your claims, but then you called the manic non competitive and now I just cant stop laughing.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, SML said:

except shredder...

if you cant beat em, join em

I wonder why the population is so low at peak hours.

Yeah no. Shotguns were fine and I was using JG on alts most of the time. Now they are broken.