Percocet

Unsung story?

Appreciate you guys picking up apb but just wondering having picked up a project of this size (unsung) with an equally terrible parent company that strung its equally dissatisfied community along for years that you are still currently developing how this (if at all) would affect developmental progress for both games?

From the company's first blog you stated "We are not a big studio, and trust me, you wont find any of our previous titles impressive." which is true for released titles but this seems like a decently impressive project regarding scope and what was promised to that community? Just wondering if development on unsung story will affect the timeline for progress at all for apb and vice versa since alot of work was promised for both games (engine update for apb & console release for both games) and having a similar introduction made for both games communities in terms of confidently believing you would be able to attempt to turn around two large titles for the better despite humbling your studios size and having to roll back alot of awry development on unsung that wavered from the original vision sold to backers.

Was also wondering if you are actively looking to acquire more titles for development or just focusing on these in the foreseeable future? Again thanks for picking up this game and wish you success and the ability to deliver in both titles, just wondering for clarification having described the size of the studio your working with as well because of this post "Lastly, the net result is that Torus have graciously agreed to step back and help us make this change. 
The good news is that much of their work is complete. On the design side they have delivered the combat mechanics, the classes and abilities, and all 51 candidate white box levels for each mission" (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/littleorbit/unsung-story-tale-of-the-guardians/posts/2253064) which states that some of the recent development had another developer's assistance?  Edited by Percocet
  • Like 2

Don't put all your eggs in one basket as they say. I am sure they will be fine, since apb has been updated more since they took over than it was in the past two years. Either way, apb is a very old game, the fact they update it every 2 months is amazing. When I have some extra cash I will totally throw some at them. Apb is still one of my fav games so I appreciate everything they are doing.

Didnt ask if they would be fine asked if it would affect timelines for development not end result, plz use brain. I am inquiring because of an update on unsung where matt said despite all efforts a projected release may pass a projected date was this influenced by their aquirement of apb? Could other properties they invest in if still searching affect projected dates? This is only because of stating size of studio. Please people put your white knight cocks away and brain ffs. Some peoples kids on here.

Edited by Percocet

I remember this vid.
Was interesting how what LO said in it sounded so much like what they said about APB.
Would be very nice to get staff to comment on this.

Hi everyone,

Little Orbit has published 22 titles since 2010, and about half were developed in-house under studios we own. The other half were done with 3rd party devs.

Right now we are working on 4 titles - all of which are in different stages of development. We are not looking at anything new for a little while. These are getting 100% of our focus.

- APB which is split between supporting the last changes in Unreal 3, finishing Unreal 3.5, and initial work on Unreal 4. This is being handled by a combination of teams both internal and external. We absorbed the devs from Reloaded and have added to that team.

- Fallen Earth is a server and client port with no source art. Right now this being done internally, but its all pre-production and exploratory.

- Unsung Story has been a combination of external and internal, but we are in the process of shifting everything internal and expanding that team. Engineering is very far along, but art has been running behind.

- Descent is being done externally and is nearly done. That title comes out this Fall.

Each project has their own ‘rescue’ element, where we came in to help finish. I guess that has been our unofficial business model since 2017.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 10
  • Thanks 9

Cool thanks for the reply and progress on unsung looks great compared to the ammount of work the prior company accomplished in almost triple the time. Hopefully the artstyle when released is well accepted by backers that had invested before it had to be scrapped.

Edited by Percocet
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Each project has their own ‘rescue’ element, where we came in to help finish. I guess that has been our unofficial business model since 2017.

Gotta be an exciting thing, from a business standpoint. So much risk, but the payoff if successful...

12 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
53 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Gotta be an exciting thing, from a business standpoint. So much risk, but the payoff if successful...
Payoff imo non monetary gains in terms of pr from succesfully rescuing multiple communities loyal to games that have had virgin hug the fucking wall at parties to avoid saying anything to the community devs when its so rampant atm would be most valuable. Edited by Percocet

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Ask and ye shall receive.

If only that could work with Armas sales..
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, MattScott said:

- Descent is being done externally and is nearly done. That title comes out this Fall.

Just want to say thanks from the bottom of my heart for rescuing Descent; it was one of my favorite games back in the day.

7 hours ago, Pinpuce said:
If only that could work with Armas sales..
F

14 hours ago, Percocet said:
Payoff imo non monetary gains in terms of pr from succesfully rescuing multiple communities loyal to games that have had virgin hug the fucking wall at parties to avoid saying anything to the community devs when its so rampant atm would be most valuable.
Uh yes, ok.