Kewlin

OTW: Here are my Suggestions on your Cooling Jacket Changes.

1 hour ago, Siamsol said:

On the Oscar, CJ does almost nothing. On the OBIR though, CJ3 is noticeable. What CJ3 does for the OBIR is that it keeps your shots tighter together: the bullets coming out just a bit sooner means that spread has less time to accumulate, since spread is not applied instantly/evenly. The end result is that your second and third rounds in a burst are more true to the center of your aim, actually increasing mid-burst accuracy.

Improved Rifling on the live servers does the same thing, while also giving the OBIR an upside that's relevant to actual gameplay.

It doesn't, though. IR in fact makes it worse, since the spread bloom has time to set in even moreso. Find a spot 50m out, and fire without correcting for vertical recoil. Watch the bullet hole decals. I just did, and CJ had much, much tighter grouping compared to -18% RoF IR3. And if I counter the vertical drift, IR3 leaves the third bullet almost spreading randomly - I cannot control it at all, and it almost always sprays far upwards and slightly left or right, whereas CJ is almost perfectly accurate. I made ~15 different groupings with each mod, and IR3 is even worse than no mod at all.

8 hours ago, FluttershyI said:

How can you forget about sniper rifles, it doesn't have any downsides on those either. Also the problem is that the current IR change has big effects on certain weapons basically making them useless and other weapons dont seem to be affected at all since you were never firing them at max cycle rate anyway...

Which? Tell me which guns are useless now with the current IR? NTec? Nope...Obeya? Uh uh...PMG? The opposite...shotguns? No use putting that on shotguns anyways..

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:
10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Can't wait to see what they do with Heavy Barrel after this.

I've always wanted to see Heavy Barrel reworked to something like reducing horizontal and vertical recoil, but increasing weapon weight class (makes you move slower while drawn).
This sounds like a new mod (another muzzle brake), really.
Heavy Barrel is a good concept, although it could possibly benefit from a minor buff to its upsides.
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2018 at 9:21 PM, Siamsol said:

On the Oscar, CJ does almost nothing. On the OBIR though, CJ3 is noticeable. What CJ3 does for the OBIR is that it keeps your shots tighter together: the bullets coming out just a bit sooner means that spread has less time to accumulate, since spread is not applied instantly/evenly. The end result is that your second and third rounds in a burst are more true to the center of your aim, actually increasing mid-burst accuracy.

For an example, look at CJ3 on other weapons, such as the N-Tec. If you fire the gun full-auto, you'll notice that CJ3 allows you to get a bit more accuracy on the second and third rounds fired, almost enabling a sort of burst-fire strategy. That's for that very same reason: you're firing the next bullet before the spread has completely applied. This is noticeable with the OBIR if you pay close attention, and it actually makes a large difference at longer ranges.

Now, CJ as a whole is seen as a TTK-lowering mod, so when people see it not lowering TTK on burst rifles, they think it's pointless. It's odd that CJ affects burst accuracy in burst guns instead of TTK, but in my opinion it is a very important effect. The issue of CJ not having a downside on burst rifles remains, but rest assured that it does currently make them stronger. In fact, I refuse to run OBIR without CJ - IR is nice and all, but if I miss a bullet because of the burst spread, I've gained nothing with the increased range.

If this mid-burst speed/accuracy change stayed alongside a TTK drop, I wouldn't mind (well, except for OBIR already two-shotting fragile at 0.45s, and lowered burst interval makes that even quicker), but please don't remove the mid-burst fire interval buff. If it were ever changed, I'd still want some way to have that burst modifier, since I really do find it so useful.

------------
EDIT: To be more clear, I want to respond to these two suggestions:

1. Decrease the time between bursts, but slightly increase fire interval.
This would completely destroy what CJ is currently good for. I thoroughly disagree with this change, unless the fire interval buff is put onto another mod (unique to bursts or not).

2. Decrease the time between bursts, but slightly increase per shot modifier.
This makes sense in keeping with CJ's theme, but this also destroys the upside of CJ that I've explained. Again, I either disagree or want the fire interval change on a different mod.

Good post, sorry I didn't get to reply sooner, I was kind of sick of the APB forums for a bit there.

I will agree with you that my second suggestion makes way more sense than my first one. I think it's interesting what you're saying about CJ affecting accuracy, 'cause it's something I kinda' thought about in theory before, but I never really played with it because I don't play OBIR a ton. I've always had an issue with how long bursts take to complete.

I do hope they do something to make it so you can reduce the interval between bursts as well, I just don't totally see it making sense on CJ as it is.

On 8/17/2018 at 4:11 AM, Revoluzzer said:
This sounds like a new mod (another muzzle brake), really.
Heavy Barrel is a good concept, although it could possibly benefit from a minor buff to its upsides.
Agreed. Though I don't think that HB should get a huge buff, because it could easily become insanely good IMO. Let's not forget that there's already one gun in the game that has a placeholder red mod seemingly solely for the purpose of keeping HB off of it (at least that's what we can assume the reason for the ACES red mod is, since HB2 effectively removes ALL bloom from the gun.)

I still wish I had gotten to play with the 1-slot PDW-57s when those were accidentally released on the JT store and were ACESs with an open slot and no red mod. Interestingly, IR3 would also remove all bloom on the gun at this point, albeit with a higher TTK.