ShyLO

Fallen Earth Q&A with MattScott (Ask your questions here!)

1. Will subscribers rewards return?
2. Will tradable premium return?
3. Do you see Fallen Earth as actually making you a profit?
4 Will we get new zones to explore, or more instanced based content like blood sports and dome?
4. Do you want to use the current engine(upgrading it and working on it), or completely upgrade to a different engine?
5. Will there be events ran by LO in the future? Can you turn on previous event like grunch and halloween?
6. Do you plan on focusing on pvp gameplay(new pvp content/reworks) or pve content? Is there a priority between the two?
7. Will there be a bigger presence of LO in game? It would be great to see more game managers whether they are brought in from the community or outside.
8. Do you plan on adding new weapons and armor, or even new consumables or trinkets?

Thank-you for chosing to have a Q and A stream event. I hope some of my questions get answered.

Edited by StubbyClaps

2 hours ago, wastelanderer said:

Will Fallen Earth have PVE server without PVP zones? (PVP flagging is fine)

Why?  Aside from the fact that FE has only one server to begin with, you literally have to make a conscious decision to enter a PvP zone.

1. Does LO plan to revamp AP system?

2. If a revamp happens, will mutations get a revamp(especially damage dealing ones)?

3. Any plans to redo how vehicles interact with objects/players and terrain higher than their slope angle limit?

4. Why don't we have elves yet?🤣

• Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 11:57 AM, Rattlehead said:

Why?  Aside from the fact that FE has only one server to begin with, you literally have to make a conscious decision to enter a PvP zone.

Because PVP dictates over PVE too much and pushes away too many people, PVP dictate by holding resources.

Without PVP zones resources would be spread evenly giving all players even chance on the market.

can we have old AP system back? no ap limit but also no ap injectors, no ap races, no world events ap, no random ap

can we have complete rework on combat system? not just adjusting

can you rework GORE bosses drop and event reward to something valuable

can you rework harvester system bcs the nerf they had on drop rate plus fuel and prospectors just killed all fun for both harvesters and robbers

can you remove some items from merchants? like gunpowder, fasteners, gears, bandages, let players craft it, be social, use AH, go to hunt mobs for drop, to explore

18 hours ago, cobraz said:

can you remove some items from merchants? like gunpowder, fasteners, gears, bandages, let players craft it, be social, use AH, go to hunt mobs for drop, to explore

I want to address this one because it pertains to me the most.  Prior to G1 randomizing the harvesting nodes, people knew you could go to a certain area to harvest specific item(s).  There was no need for vendors to sell these crafting items because you had a steady supply.  I had dozens of waypoints for harvesting spots.  In one patch, all that went away.   With the randomized nodes, you no longer had the supply chain.  Crafters couldn't find enough items to craft, gatherers couldn't find enough items to make their cash that way.  It was simply a quick and necessary fix for something that they messed up in the first place.

If we could go back to the old non-randomized harvesting, I'd say you have a legitimate point.  As it stands right now though, it's a necessary evil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 11/11/2018 at 9:16 AM, Rattlehead said:

I want to address this one because it pertains to me the most.  Prior to G1 randomizing the harvesting nodes, people knew you could go to a certain area to harvest specific item(s).  There was no need for vendors to sell these crafting items because you had a steady supply.  I had dozens of waypoints for harvesting spots.  In one patch, all that went away.   With the randomized nodes, you no longer had the supply chain.  Crafters couldn't find enough items to craft, gatherers couldn't find enough items to make their cash that way.  It was simply a quick and necessary fix for something that they messed up in the first place.

If we could go back to the old non-randomized harvesting, I'd say you have a legitimate point.  As it stands right now though, it's a necessary evil.

Just remember that this would also require a full wiki update of harvest node locations and merchant inventorys.

ok ok ok ok excuse me if i ask so but i try to login to fallen earth with account it say is fail i try to login with steam DA it fail again...HELP???

On 11/10/2018 at 5:46 PM, cobraz said:

can we have old AP system back? no ap limit but also no ap injectors, no ap races, no world events ap, no random ap

can we have complete rework on combat system? not just adjusting

can you rework GORE bosses drop and event reward to something valuable

can you rework harvester system bcs the nerf they had on drop rate plus fuel and prospectors just killed all fun for both harvesters and robbers

No AP limit would mean everyone would have a build with everything, especially characters currently in-game which would simply apply injectors before their removal. Max skills/mutations and stats?... Just wouldn't work unless you were talking post-wipe. Even then limitations are a good thing.

"Rework of the combat system" doesn't explain how, if it's similar to previous combat system, or what will change. If they're intended to introduce a new client I doubt a combat revamp would be out of the question.

GORE Bosses would be useful, if they toned down GT armor resists and improved GORE weapons while reducing material requirements to craft. (Well that and upgrade chance)

Harvesters still work fine, but I admit if they were more consistent (pre-nerf) people would probably fight over them more, if there was population, but that also means intense levels of hording.

Items are on NPCs to craft which will still require crafters, all and all it's more efficient to harvest the very same materials... NPCs are simply there for a chip sink (which is kinda busted since they also are the only means of chips otherwise)

On 11/11/2018 at 12:16 PM, Rattlehead said:

+1, if it can be reverted... but at the very least improved would be a huge improvement.

• Like 1

Decon.

As an ex decon I wish to offer my services to LLO and Fallen Earth.

I am old and have been messing with computers since 1983. I have been earning a living from IT since 1993.

From first line support to management and a lot of stuff in between.

I should imagine there are records of my involvement somewhere as I signed an NDA.

I will not say more here, I do not wish to be GM or do anything that will change how I play or what I am allowed to do in game.

If LLO are interested in acquiring my help in supporting the game from a technical stand point, Please email me with any questions you may have.

If not I will see you in game... Flag and die!

Thank you for reading