ShyLO

Fallen Earth Q&A with MattScott (Ask your questions here!)

Hello, Wastelanders!

Do you have any questions for MattScott regarding Fallen Earth?

Recently Matt Scott did a Q&A session for APB: Reloaded on Twitch, hosted by Kempington. We know that the Fallen Earth community has questions of their own and during the stream, a few of us saw that there were a few Wastelanders in the chat asking for more information on the future of the game. Unfortunately, that specific Q&A was focused on APB and we were limited on how much time could be spent talking about Fallen Earth. 

We want to get together a list of questions for Matt Scott from the Fallen Earth Community and do a stream dedicated to Fallen Earth and Fallen Earth alone. We do not have an exact date pinned down for the stream yet, but we do plan on it being in the very near future. I'll keep everyone here updated when the date is picked.

We hope to hear from you guys soon!

-ShyLO

• Like 3

Questions I have for Matt Scott and Little Orbit:

First and foremost;  Does Little Orbit and Gamersfirst have the license to use the platform Fallen Earth was built on to modify and make changes to the game itself?

Secondly; Do you think Fallen Earth is profitable or do you think your team can make it profitable?

And last but not least; Do you plan on reducing prices of items on marketplace or an overhaul of what is available on the marketplace?

Edited by Calais
  • Like 3

Will the split be back?

Will the items be cheaper on the marketplace?

Will there be any updates soon?

Edited by Axenimus
  • Like 1

1) What steps do you plan to take to draw more players to Fallen Earth?

2) How big is Fallen Earth's development team? Do you have plans to invest and expand it at this stage? Please note, I am referring to dedicated team members - not contractors.

3) (Perhaps more aimed at Lixil) In the past, Fallen Earth had regular events (including Tiggs' Trivia Night). Will we see any of these old favourites return?

1.) How will past bans be handled, especially ones with heavy bias with punishments that do not fit their crime? And if said exploit/hack is blocked/removed, will previous offenders be unbanned? (This community is a niche one, if they can't abuse it population helps) or at least not be chased for future bans if rerolled after a resolution is in place.

2.) When it comes to updates, will previous areas/content be addressed or simply another re-run of the previous staff's attempt only to make a quick buck pushing out end game content that is never finished?

3.) Will the 5 meter bonus range to all weapons, effects, and useable abilities be removed? That being said, will melee get boosted to 2-3m listed range to compensate the range loss?

4.) When bugs, especially ones that can be exploited, are reported will you simply hush us like the previous staff and drop bans for simply speaking of them? This obviously means without providing said method.

5.) Will there be a testing team (Like Decon) as well as proper chance to give feedback and time to hotfix prior to a "live push" as the previous staff kinda botched constantly.

6.) Will server health, especially regarding dupes and lag be addressed? And would you wipe current data if you cannot resolve lag from dupe damage thus far?

7.) Anti-cheat possible in the near future that is not simply forgotten or ignored? The current system in place only flags your account yet GMs and devs in the past have no way to figure out "what" flagged said account... And had poor method to prove legitimate play as they simply wanted a scan of your computer which obviously can be manipulated.

8.) Do you have plans to add weapons to give more options at end-game with the same cost as the current "AP" weapons? And also balance previous weapons to match where they should be based on overall boost.

Example : Ice Shards (and dome variant) are actually boosted around 7 damage higher than they should after augmentation damage (114 base vs 120) since there is no "AFFA" variant for AP.

Heavy pistols also, based on their damage, should have longer delay (1.2) while the reload should be brought down to increase the gap of DPS other weapons follow the rules of. But also reverting previous pistol reload changes for lights/mediums)

For those wondering the general rule...

Higher damage = higher delay

Instead the previous staff decided reload (which personally I feel was a poor balance change and simply added downtime that wasn't required, or at least to that degree) but sadly those in testing at that time had to choose than or the complete destruction of pistols that was provided prior.

9.) Since factions are more of a PVE thing, yet do factor into ownership of keeps/zones in PVP... Will factions get more options that relate specifically to them?

Nothing based on restrictions, would say weapons that relate to said faction (especially an AP variant), trinkets which give buffs/effects to stand out for that faction, and boosted armor to make them have a bit easier progression.

I would not said a "GT" suit for faction is needed at this time, but the two options above would be nice.

10.) Territory control is a "PVP" focused zone but has plenty of issues....

Will faction camps be moved up to their first flag capture locations? (Vista would move to flag "11 o' clock)

Will road buffs be consistent at all times when outside of faction and keep areas?

Will no mount zones for keeps/flags be increased to force cars to be at least 150 meters away from said capture points to avoid LoS exploits by hiding in nearby cars during a capture?

Will bombs (this is for all PVP zones) on keep doors finally do the "double damage" that was promised years ago? And will keep doors no longer be allowed to be repaired?

Edited by NysekZePope

Thanks, everyone for the question you have posted thus far. I'm collecting all of them to bring to Matt.

Keep 'em coming!

• Like 1

So I don't have any proper questions directly on FE as they irrelevant until your general view and intent is known. Although I'm curious about LO's understanding of FE and experience with FE.

On their personal accounts what is the furthest reached by the staff of LO?(individuals, but if it isn't a 'face' of LO their info isn't needed just say level or so)

Were there any particularly noteworthy memories for any of said individuals?

What are 3 positive aspects and 3 negative aspects/aspects needing improvement that they noticed while playing?

If they had experienced pvp what was their opinion of it?(pvping in general, pvpers they faced etc)

Hello,

I would like to add a few questions to the list to be answered within the possible upcoming live steam.

1) Bans - How are the previous bans be looked at, simply put, many many players within the community was incorrectly banned within this game. Will people get unbanned, not only increasing the population but bringing back the old players to the game.

2) Anti Cheat - This game needs a new anti cheat installed into the game this will result in people being correctly banned for Hacking and would not cause an issue with the population who are incorrectly banned. This was also spoken about within the stream on APB, however, it shouldn't be an issue installing this to Fallen Earth too?

3) Store - Will the market place be reviewed, new items added? and prices lowered?

4) In game items - Will new items within the game be looked at in future updates, maybe regular updates within the game to fix or add new things to the game to balance and give more variety.

5) Server - Maybe new servers could be purchased for a better playing experience rather than alot of players "warping" due to ping to the one and only master server.

6)  as Nysek said, a good idea for Territory control, would be to eliminate the area cars can drive into to stop people running in and out of cars for cover?

• Like 1

Do you plan on bringing back the subscribers rewards? I am also interested in how you plan on revamping the marketplace.

Are you planning to make combat feel more realistic? Like actual recoils, bullet drop, shorter melee range, and so forth...

on fallen earth is there any plans to upgrade the  creator  and the mouse controls to be like apb or better ?

as it is its pretty difficult to use

Adding one more thing....

Will a keybind be added for equipped mutations so it no longer takes up the secondary mouse button? This would allow more fluid use of dual wield weapons.

Any plans to get a rework on the mission rewards? It truly sucks to spend an hour on a mission chain to get a weapon that is 10 levels below any use.

know that feeling ... pass em to alt or sell, need to craft or use AH if want more current to level gear

An idea for a market place item might be a deattuner. You would sell a ton, another possible item might be a Clone Genetic Modifier, let you change the look of you toon, make it male/female, change teh size features etc.

• Like 1

1. In one of your very early posts you mentioned FE has "too many factions". What do you mean about that?

2. What do you think about the future of PvP and RP?

3. Which do you favor more? RP, PvP or PvPRP (factions abandoning their designated shoulder factions in favor of other factions in PvP)?

will there be active GM's?

Will there be more AP weapons? so we have more to pick from?

will the cost be reduced for ap weapons / Marketplace Items

will there be a chip sink with cosmetic untradeable items to rebalance the economy?

will you bring back name changes?

Ohh and, Events?

Edited by Kinksta

One of the draw cards to playing FE when I first started was GM activity in game and with players. Many of us miss the games of Hide and Seek, killing a GMs enlarged pet, etc.

• Will Little Orbit be having GMs active in game and holding events?
  • The prices of premiums are expensive so will they be dropped and/or altered?
  • What is the companies expectations for FEs future?
  • After reading the rules for the forums, can we expect some or all of these rules to be applied to FE?
  • Are you in a position to be able to fix FE at all?
  • Are you considering reopening applications for the Hazmat Team or are you going to implement something else?

That is all I can think of at the moment as many have already asked some questions I'd like answered too. Thanks for taking the time to read my questions.

I want to ask some questions as well:1)will we be getting any new vehicles ?2)new atmospherics with time and finally lights for vehicles?3)do we be ever be able to build permament farms since they allready exist or some sort of housing? Thank you!

PVE in Sectors 1 and 2 are story-based, at least within individual towns. That sort of fell apart in Sector 3 and stopped completely in areas beyond that when Icarus sold the game. Will you be developing more PVE missions in Sector 3 and higher, and will they be story-based?

Crafting has mostly 3 levels of carfting item...scrap, tattered and average. It appears that the original intention was to have materials go beyond just "average", but got dropped after icarus sold the game. There is so much room for improvement in higher level crafting mats and items. Any plans for that?

Someone else mentioned that crafting mats used to be found in pockets where 1 or 2 items were plentiful for gathering. It was fun to know where particular mats could be found, and preferably NOT in PvP zones. Any plans to fix that?

Any plans to raise avatar levels above 55? I'd love to see new sectors and new story-driven PVE missions with craftable armor for level 60, 65, 70, 75 and beyond. Any hope of that?

It seems like there's been a lot of chip inflation. I left the game for a year or so, and when I returned, all the items on the auction house were selling for up to 10 times as much as before. Any plans to bring inflation under control?

I used to run events and co-pilot a few things, mostly for the role players but I also supported the Market for a while, and still have contact with some of the leaders behind The Ride and they've been thinking about coming back.

Most the questions I have are already asked here, so rather than repeating;

Would you consider player written story archs for new content?

From all the old data from game launch and its first few years, there was a lot of inspiration from older post-apoc films and this game ended up turning me into a Mad Max fan, it didn't feel like Gamers First had a vision for our game like this and as time went on, it felt like the game was just trying to turn it into another Korean vanity machine, as everything that made the game unique was stripped away and we had unrealistic weapon management added (GORE drama was created by the KNIGHT Online team losing their game and being forced into the FE team and not looking at combat balance whatsoever) and incomplete zones with what I consider a 'dead zone' since there are so few quest chains in it compared to Sector 1 and 2...

Players getting to be able to influence and add something permanent create stories and word of mouth advertising unlike anything else, much like like those movie posters plastered all over the bunkers these days. That wasn't original content. One of the Roleplayers from the community made those and gave permission for their use. 

Dammit, I cant write a short post to save my life. I better stop here.

1) Will the mini game Blackjack be available?
2) Will there be something done to bring the little population we have left at the moment together? (As a faster harvester speed when you have x amount of keeps in The District or anything else to bring RP,PvP and PvE together.)
3) Add a bong! With a nice animation where you can smoke the bong, which gives an unremovable buff and debuff. Like x amount of social as buff, but your strenght and perception debuffed by x amount for an hour. Would be a good marketplace cosmetic item!

• Thanks 1