Sign in to follow this  
Noob_Guardian

End the N-TEC Standard of Balance

Everyone always talks about how N-TEC is balanced yet when a weapon comes out that can compete on equal footing or is stronger than it, it always gets the nerf hammer. Nothing can be "better" than the N-TEC only worse. The most balanced weapons in the game are the Star and FAR, and they should be the center of balance and what everyone compares and balances weapons to.

Change my mind.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

tbh i liked the far pre rng patch
now its just rng fest and it blooms super fast and if u fight an ntec tap fire at the same speed as he does all u can do is pray to god the rng hits him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Everyone always talks about how N-TEC is balanced yet when a weapon comes out that can compete on equal footing or is stronger than it, it always gets the nerf hammer.

To be fair, any and all assault rifles that have released after the NTEC/STAR have been ARMAS only to my knowledge (ATAC, FAR, Misery, COBR-A, Frenzy etc). In that vein, yeah we can't afford to have such an AR be better than the NTEC, then it would be P2W.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Everyone always talks about how N-TEC is balanced yet when a weapon comes out that can compete on equal footing or is stronger than it, it always gets the nerf hammer. Nothing can be "better" than the N-TEC only worse. The most balanced weapons in the game are the Star and FAR, and they should be the center of balance and what everyone compares and balances weapons to.

Change my mind.

what direct competitor to the ntec was nerfed? 

41 minutes ago, Nite said:
To be fair, any and all assault rifles that have released after the NTEC/STAR have been ARMAS only to my knowledge (ATAC, FAR, Misery, COBR-A, Frenzy etc). In that vein, yeah we can't afford to have such an AR be better than the NTEC, then it would be P2W.

Yeeep. Agree completely.

Besides I feel like out of every weapon category the assault rifles are in the best state. There are quite a few that toe the line of surpassing free alternatives as it is. Would rather they put more attention into other guns. 

Unless he's talking about the TTK of the STAR? If that's the case a slightly higher effective TTK is fine by me. Although I think at this point the majority have gotten used to the faster TTK. Plus it would be another balancing nightmare. Of which I think APB has had enough. Meaning that would probably be a terrible idea. 

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Change my mind.

The Star directly competes with the Ntec so you're kind of comprehending yourself here.. the ntec gives up a little cqc power to be better at longer distances but under 30m a star would win every time if skill levels are equal.

the ntec simply is not OP. Neither is the star or far. They are all balanced. People like myself are saying it's the most balanced weapon in the game because it's the easiest example because everyone has used them and gone against them frequently. If all weapons are brought up to par to these weapons, then we will see a better variation of weapons in missions. Edited by Unclean
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Change my mind.

Kalashnikov is best weapon

2 hours ago, Genobee said:
Yeeep. Agree completely.

Besides I feel like out of every weapon category the assault rifles are in the best state. There are quite a few that toe the line of surpassing free alternatives as it is. Would rather they put more attention into other guns. 

Unless he's talking about the TTK of the STAR? If that's the case a slightly higher effective TTK is fine by me. Although I think at this point the majority have gotten used to the faster TTK. Plus it would be another balancing nightmare. Of which I think APB has had enough. Meaning that would probably be a terrible idea. 
Personally i'd increase ntec's ttk to .75 or .77 and its range to 55m, and decrease the stars to .7 as it is more cqc and the ntec is always played as a far mid range (50-60m) anyways. That way it can reach further, has a higher ttk than star would, but a lower TTK of the obeya with a .84ttk which has 60m range. I feel it would be far more balanced that way. Edited by Noob_Guardian

4 hours ago, Nite said:

To be fair, any and all assault rifles that have released after the NTEC/STAR have been ARMAS only to my knowledge (ATAC, FAR, Misery, COBR-A, Frenzy etc).

FAR Vanguard and FAR Charger 3 slots were given as contact unlocks during a few events (can't remember which).
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Xnetexe said:
FAR Vanguard and FAR Charger 3 slots were given as contact unlocks during a few events (can't remember which).
so were the raptor 45 vulture and raptor 45 hawk, altho those dont really compete with the ntec despite being assault rifles

all of them were given out as rewards for the xmas events iirc

Edited by BXNNXD
added stuff

12 minutes ago, Xnetexe said:
5 hours ago, Nite said:

To be fair, any and all assault rifles that have released after the NTEC/STAR have been ARMAS only to my knowledge (ATAC, FAR, Misery, COBR-A, Frenzy etc).

can confirm, i have both. i believe it was one of the xmas events but cant remember

48 minutes ago, Toasted said:
1 hour ago, Xnetexe said:
can confirm, i have both. i believe it was one of the xmas events but cant remember

• FAR 'Vanguard' - Deck the Halls 2014 : Earned by gaining 50k score in the 12 Deaths of Christmas Event
  • FAR 'Charger' - Ho Ho Ho, Now I Have a... 2014 : Grab weapons from Secret Santa Gift Boxes and kill others

• 'Elf Hat and Ears' - Deck the Halls 2015
  • Raptor 'Hawk' - Ho Ho Ho, Now I Have a... 2015

Afterwards, in 2016 and 2017, both were re-offered the same way; however did not have an associated Steam Achievement. Due to this change, both the 2014 and 2015 achievements are unachievable in Steam for new players (which they could resolve... @Majiik)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LUST said:

• FAR 'Vanguard' - Deck the Halls 2014 : Earned by gaining 50k score in the 12 Deaths of Christmas Event
  • FAR 'Charger' - Ho Ho Ho, Now I Have a... 2014 : Grab weapons from Secret Santa Gift Boxes and kill others

• 'Elf Hat and Ears' - Deck the Halls 2015
  • Raptor 'Hawk' - Ho Ho Ho, Now I Have a... 2015

Afterwards, in 2016 and 2017, both were re-offered the same way; however did not have an associated Steam Achievement. Due to this change, both the 2014 and 2015 achievements are unachievable in Steam for new players (which they could resolve... @Majiik)
this really makes me wonder why im playing this game for so many years

Just now, Toasted said:
this really makes me wonder why im playing this game for so many years
the first step towards recovery is acceptance of your addiction

13 hours ago, Nite said:

and that's exactly why this game is down to 700 players

6 hours ago, Lato said:
20 hours ago, Nite said:

6 hours ago, Lato said:
I think the 24hr peak was over 1,100.

Do people not realise that even if the N-TEC was nerfed in to the ground, which it does not need, it would still be used a lot due to it being the only easily accessible AR besides the starting STAR? Every other AR is either armas or locked behind something else.

4 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Do people not realise that even if the N-TEC was nerfed in to the ground, which it does not need, it would still be used a lot due to it being the only easily accessible AR besides the starting STAR? Every other AR is either armas or locked behind something else.

^

24 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

cr5 p2w

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
26 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

cr5 p2w
How did G1 think it would be okay to release an N-TEC reskin with bugged sound that makes it fire faster. What a joke.

3 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I have always said that the STAR should have a .7ttk rather than a .75.

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:
5 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I have always said that the STAR should have a .7ttk rather than a .75.
ARs shouldnt even have the same TTK as any CQB weapon in the first place. They should have slower TTK but longer range, which balances it out. SMGs have shorter TTK but have to sacrifice range. Edited by foolish ninja

Just now, foolish ninja said:
ARs shouldnt even have the same TTK as any CQB weapon in the first place. They should have slower TTK but longer range, which balances it out. SMGs have shorter TTK but have to sacrifice range. Balance, you know.
Yeah i do, however they also made shotguns and smg's TTK's slightly faster than .70 as well. Unless you mean that NTEC, FAR, Frenzy, etc should have a .75ttk same as star

Sign in to follow this