Sign in to follow this  
Noob_Guardian

Assault Rifle: Star and NTEC Reworks

NTEC:

Increase the N-Tec's range to 55m and increase its time to kill to .75-.77 to compensate while keeping its functionality the same.

I base the suggestion off the ttk and range of weapons with similar ranges and ttks such as they Obeya Rifle, which has a ttk of .84 and a 60m range and FAR with a .7 ttk and a 50m range and STAR which has a 50m range but ttk of .75

Reasoning:

The N-Tec is one of the best rifles in the game and is considered the most meta assault rifle, it is normally used accurately for close to mid-range while tap firing, people apply improved rifling for more range so that it can reach out to almost 60m. My suggestion stems from it being so versatile and accurate, and having a low enough TTK that it has overshadowed various other rifles such as the Star, S1-FA, Cobra, and Far which are meant for closer combat engagements than the NTEC. As it has the accuracy to fire at range so easily and time to kill to outshine the STAR, and easily take out the competing weapons in its range, I believe that increasing its ttk would better it's balance while giving it further range.

Star:

Decrease the STAR 556's ttk to .7

Reasoning:

The star is a jack of trades and master of none, it does not have the amount of accuracy that the NTEC has, and has a slower bloom recovery, and is more close quarters oriented. Decreasing its time to kill will still allow it to maintain its viability, and give the FAR a roughly equal counter that doesn't overpower it.

Overall Reasoning:

Many close to mid-ranged weapons are not used as much as they can be as they are overshadowed by a faster, more reliable, more versatile weapon (the N-TEC), this suggestion is to bring those weapons that have been overshadowed for years into the spotlight to be played as they are on fairly equal footing gameplay and balance wise, while allowing the NTEC to still reach further ranges and be balanced for what it is used for most, without it overshadowing the closer ranges as much as it currently does.

i think increasing the stars rof would actually make the gun worse since it would bloom faster and it doesnt have the benefit of the ntecs fast accuracy recovery

if the ntec rof were to be lowered i dont think it should get any extra range, especially since with ir3 it would legitimately push the obeya out of place

I think the STAR is in a decent place. It's a really powerful gun and since it is one of the weapons you start with it needs to be kept in a place where it can effectively compete with Armas weaponry. I think it is doing that pretty well in its current state. I can be using legendary weapons and still get my butt handed to me on occasion and I think that's definitely a good thing as how can the game be P2W when the gun you get at the start of the game is better than anything you could buy on the cash shop. I think it is an unrated weapon, people definitely flock to the NTEC over it but the STAR is awesome in my opinion.

11 hours ago, CombatMedic02 said:

I think the STAR is in a decent place. It's a really powerful gun and since it is one of the weapons you start with it needs to be kept in a place where it can effectively compete with Armas weaponry. I think it is doing that pretty well in its current state. I can be using legendary weapons and still get my butt handed to me on occasion and I think that's definitely a good thing as how can the game be P2W when the gun you get at the start of the game is better than anything you could buy on the cash shop. I think it is an unrated weapon, people definitely flock to the NTEC over it but the STAR is awesome in my opinion.

My suggestion would still allow STAR to compete against ARMAS. While I agree it is often underrated, it is still worse TTK wise than similar armas weaponry. Most AR's from Armas has ~.7 ttk S1-FA, Far for example, then you look at other armas weapons like the S1-NA, ATAC, that used to be OP SMG (forget its name even though I own it lel) etc, all have .7 ttks.

Stars accuracy regain is similar to that of the FAR so putting it on similar terms as the FAR wouldn't be making it worse. (If you look at stats the only major difference between Star and FAR, is the TTK difference). I agree that it is good that a f2p weapon can handle well against Armas, however the reason everyone flocks to NTEC is because it's simply better in most situations past ~0-20m+ where a large amount of combat occurs. Hence my overall suggestion.

21 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i think increasing the stars rof would actually make the gun worse since it would bloom faster and it doesnt have the benefit of the ntecs fast accuracy recovery

if the ntec rof were to be lowered i dont think it should get any extra range, especially since with ir3 it would legitimately push the obeya out of place

They increased the STAR's bloom recovery a while ago, i believe it should have almost the same recovery and stats as that as the FAR except it has a slower TTK by .05s now. I am sure you've used the far before so you know what i'm talking about?

The point of increasing the N-TECS range while nerfing its ttk was to further allow for ranged play while staying balanced by decreasing its cqc effectiveness and allow STAR to move into that position better. I did think about how it would affect the Obeya as well, which is why i only said 55m with a .75/.77 ttk. Far has a ttk of .7 at 50, Obeya 60m at .84, so 55m would be ~.77.

If the damage drop is correct on the db, I can calculate that at 59m it would take 7 hits for the ntec to kill without missing at 60m with a 55m range, which would mean not a .75 ttk at 60m, but a slightly higher one causing a .87ttk at 59m, Obeya can 5 hit up to 69m for .84.

Improved rifling 3 Is it 18%? Now? would give the NTEC a range of ~66m to 5 hit however it would still have a .88-.9ttk to reach out that far miss once and its going to go 1s+, still giving slightly more range and a better ttk to the Obeya. If you put IR3 on the obeya  it reaches to ~76m at ~1s. Higher than the ntec's but if the ntec misses once, its going to the obeya at that range.

While I can agree that this change to the NTEC would push it into Obeya territory, I do not believe that it would outclass the obeya more than it already can with a .7 ttk for 54m (max) of the obeya's 69m (max) range. Though I'd be happy even without the range decrease. Edited by Noob_Guardian