Nessie

So, about the hackers...

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

It seems Citadel may be different, but I cant think of a single cheater on Jericho at the moment.

There's a few, but the majority are using wallhacks. Several use car radar to cover it up. It's like the old "use firework launcher perfectly without spamming it by somehow always firing it to always ping enemies without fail but pretend you aren't actually cheating." tactic but more "subtle".
8 minutes ago, Solista2050 said:
10 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
Bear in mind that most "golds" aren't actually gold.
Yeah that I already knew, but tendency to hackusate isn't that scarce even among good players.
Considering a lot of "good players" ended up playing with a lot of coverup cheaters on their teams and in their clans "without knowing" those people were cheating. Ofc its not scarce Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

In my experience, its mostly silvers that hackusate.
And I never see good players hackusate anymore.

(Since BE)

• Like 2

First of all we have to remember that we are living in cyber age ... Cheaters and hackers are main issue in almost any online business. Even with best anti-cheat we still would see some cheaters after some time. + i bet LO doest have much $ and cant afford to do anything else before engine update.

There is only ONE ways to stop this plague of cheaters : 
LO have to make APB into pay to play, one time payment for like 5-10$ and if some one cheats sue cheater for business damage.
( I dont remember who done it, but i know it was Japan company and they win case against few cheaters).

(Sry for Eng. im soo sleepy i cant even see what i write....)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

In my experience, its mostly silvers that hackusate.
And I never see good players hackusate anymore.

(Since BE)

Good players don't hackusate anymore because noone's going 420 blatant like they did before. I've met maybe 2 people that are legitimately unflankable in 2v2 despite playing them 10+ missions. Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

First of all we have to remember that we are living in cyber age ... Cheaters and hackers are main issue in almost any online business. Even with best anti-cheat we still would see some cheaters after some time. + i bet LO doest have much $ and cant afford to do anything else before engine update.

LO have to make APB into pay to play, one time payment for like 5-10$ and if some one cheats sue cheater for business damage.
( I dont remember who done it, but i know it was Japan company and they win case against few cheaters).

good luck prosecuting players outside of the US 
good luck using 300 dollars you’ll make from the 30 people who don’t quit when apb goes pay2play, to pay for court costs 
good luck convincing new players not to hit the refund button on steam after they realize they just paid money for the same game that was free2play before 

Lol? 
You must be on acid or something
-GMs are quite active, especially on Social District but I've seen some of them even in FIght Club. They're very polite and actively respond to people asking any kind of question. Maybe even too wholesome for the usually toxic district chats.
-Since the introduction of BE, I have yet to encounter a blatant cheater. Perfect RoF lucky shots DO happen at times, myself included, and sometimes you can just be in the right place at the right moment. What makes a player suspicious is the ability to instakill and spot sneaky tactics CONSISTENTLY, and even then you could just be patootie at being sneaky.
-Speaking of being patootie, claiming to play on bronze is usually not a good testamentfor your skills. Not tryna be entitled or anything, but if you're still stuck in bronze after 5+ years of playing then you're probably not the greatest player around. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this, but a lot of the time I get hackusated by silvers because of my good game awareness allowing me to understand where they can possibly be. Again, there is a difference between game sense/experience and just rushing the spawn of your enemy because you know where they are as soon as their feet are on the damn map.

Honestly I think the cheater issue APB had in the past is pretty much eradicated now, it may be placebo effect but I remember how frustrating it was to play in Fight Club when a random R9 rookie spawned on opposing faction and started teleporting everywhere killing dozens of enemies. Those days are luckily gone now.

Edited by DouglasFalcon
I suck at writing correctly

3 hours ago, Puffdragon said:

but I would love to work for the company

While you can help, everyone is welcome.

38 minutes ago, DouglasFalcon said:

-GMs are quite active, especially on Social District 

Finally something will be done about all those social district cheaters!

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

It seems Citadel may be different, but I cant think of a single cheater on Jericho at the moment.

Meh they are out there, i have seen a couple, mostly closets though, but tbh it will always be a viscous cycle. I will say though it's at an all time low at least from my perspective.

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:
There's a few, but the majority are using wallhacks. Several use car radar to cover it up. It's like the old "use firework launcher perfectly without spamming it by somehow always firing it to always ping enemies without fail but pretend you aren't actually cheating." tactic but more "subtle". Considering a lot of "good players" ended up playing with a lot of coverup cheaters on their teams and in their clans "without knowing" those people were cheating. Ofc its not scarce
Don't forget the "skilled players" that can consistently, and indefinitely TTK you over the weekend as Mitigation, and teleporting 15m at a time is occurring. Or the days after where half of your bullets aren't registering because the servers are still being stressed, yet somehow they are just SO good that every packet that manages to make it to the server has the bullet fired towards you hit. Every single time. Perfectly.

But those "really good players" that coincidentally know where you are through 20m Radar limits driving to run you over 190m away through two blocks of cover and Flares, hiding behind the defense of "ITS THUH SHREDDER." Edited by ShadesofGrey
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, ShadesofGrey said:
Don't forget the "skilled players" that can consistently, and indefinitely TTK you over the weekend as Mitigation, and teleporting 15m at a time is occurring. Or the days after where half of your bullets aren't registering because the servers are still being stressed, yet somehow they are just SO good that every packet that manages to make it to the server has the bullet fired towards you hit. Every single time. Perfectly.

But those "really good players" that coincidentally know where you are through 20m Radar limits driving to run you over 190m away through two blocks of cover and Flares, hiding behind the defense of "ITS THUH SHREDDER."
To be fair, you can now see enemy car spawns on map, or its been like that for a while now unless they changed it, though you do have a point. I've had several players who while the server was lagging out from a DDOS could pretty much TTK you while you shot a whole mag and instadied a second later after hearing only a handful of shots and not a spray. Entire mission was DDOS lagout and the one guy ended up with like 18 kills and 6 deaths while everyone else was negative, would spray fire and try killing one guy for like 5-10+ seconds during the lag but the guy can somehow kill you at almost ttk. (Always amazes me, not)
18 minutes ago, RazerXGo33 said:

Citadel has like 10-15 cheaters 

thats like... half of jerichos silver district xD Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

if battleye wasnt doing its job, it wouldn't be the industry standard today for major game titles. in apb, like other games, its even running alongside other options.

the number of cheaters will always be exaggerated by inexperienced players, while in turn it should be known that the battle against cheats is a constant one. its painfully obvious when known cheaters suddenly just cant kill the same way they used to, or when they take a hiatus and conveniently come back the same time an "update" is revealed (only to disappear a day later until the next one). people are getting kicked, suspended, or even locked out from the game until they fix/clean their system. but i think the statistic on how many bans so far (as well as dropping the permanent hammer) will be locked away until LO gathers the data they need, Battleye gathers they need, and when they get server issues and updates situated.

i feel confident that is working in some degree because the gameplay is way better than it was before battleye.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Games have been fairly clean since BE.  A lot of big owners seem to have mellowed out and I tend to keep up with most of my op these days.  The most cringe match I've had recently was a BTK dude running with an item in an item hold 😛 If that's my biggest problem, I'm pretty happy.

9 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

No game of old quality like  APB could possibly be able to survive pay to play.

i've literally only seen two hackers in weeks and weeks now. i'm thinking you're exaggerating or just hackusating good players? only 2 hackers i saw one was blatantly triggerbotting and the other wallhacking. but they only play for a while then i never see them again so clearly they get banned quick. but 2 in weeks and weeks and weeks, i'll take that.
if i remember right its mostly down to the engine its just so easily hackable it'll allegedly be better once upgraded.

1 hour ago, Stunny said:

if i remember right its mostly down to the engine its just so easily hackable it'll allegedly be better once upgraded.

Actually, APB is one of the most difficult UE3 games to cheat in due to the multitude of things used to stop cheaters in the actual game exe, but upgrading the engine will change nothing, UE3.5 & UE4 aren't THAT different from UE3.

23 minutes ago, Similarities said:
Actually, APB is one of the most difficult UE3 games to cheat in due to the multitude of things used to stop cheaters in the actual game exe, but upgrading the engine will change nothing, UE3.5 & UE4 aren't THAT different from UE3.
lmao... that's just a downright lie.

1 minute ago, Sayori said:
26 minutes ago, Similarities said:
lmao... that's just a downright lie.
Elaborate on which part is a "downright lie," I made two statements.

22 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I can't think of a single player on Jericho at the moment.

15 minutes ago, Luminesca said:
22 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I can't think of a single player on Jericho at the moment.
f7FdEdG.jpg
I don't play on Jericho and basically nobody I know does, they're either not playing because the game is unplayably laggy, or they're playing on Citadel because it works or they're from Europe.

Problem on citadel is its close to russia, they wont cheat with bad ping on a na server.

2 hours ago, Aitako said:

Problem on citadel is its close to russia, they wont cheat with bad ping on a na server.

we got Brazilian players... so ye (Not saying they all cheat, but some of them lag's and cheats at the same time, or used to back in the days)

On 8/16/2018 at 9:18 AM, Aitako said:

The Br server was shut down from ( what a news article said) 70% to 90%  botters and not enough income earned from it.
Then they merged their  Br players with  Jericho and we had to deal with the lag and botting from them.
The ping is irrelevant because of the botting they did , or at least the ones who did because not all did

I have not seen a single  botter since BattleEye  was added by  Little Orbit which is why I respect Little Orbit so much after they did this and so many other things for us with  honest intent for us and the game
G1 pretty much only milked and lied to us *shrugs*
Sure they added a few things and stuff but in the end we were milked for cash and the major problems were not ever fixed