Nessie

So, about the hackers...

Since it is obvious that the game has a very poor anticheat with numerous players able to use triggerbots, autohotkeys and radars (some quite subdle to detect) and that the /report command is literally a joke with no use,

what is the LO idea of players dealing with hackers? Do they have a system to check and ban them?
Coming from Citadel, where I have never seen the shadow of a GM in 5 years of playing, it's rather annoying when even in bronze district you can see players with artificial gameplay at high rank (R150 and above) and know that if they got that far, they won't ever be banned anyway.

They brought back BattleEye, is it being used at least or not?

Edited by Nessie
  • Like 4

It's sort of a joke right now, sadly. I reported someone who was blatantly no recoiling on stream (I sent a clip of it and it was pretty obvious) almost 3 months ago. They answered to the ticket 2 months after and the cheater is still roaming around free, at least he's not using it anymore.

Also, regarding triggerbotters, yes, they do exist and they are starting to be a bit more frequent now, specially in the russian community.

• Like 1

It seems Citadel may be different, but I cant think of a single cheater on Jericho at the moment.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

It seems Citadel may be different, but I cant think of a single cheater on Jericho at the moment.

According to my incoming whispers, I am a hacker. I must have the shittiest hacks on the planet. 😂
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Tbh i havent encountered a single cheater on citadel either
atlease not blatant ones
maybe closets but i have never suspected anyone

First time to return to the forum (NOT the game) today after 2 years. Isn't it still the Fairfight system to do the job?

4 minutes ago, Fayeth said:

First time to return to the forum (NOT the game) today after 2 years. Isn't it still the Fairfight system to do the job?

We now have BattlEye running alongside FairFight.
  • Thanks 1

friendly reminder that no anticheat will catch 100% of cheaters

that said on jericho i’ve seen a grand total of 2 people that i would willingly say cheat since the be patch 

39 minutes ago, Nessie said:

where I have never seen the shadow of a GM in 5 years of playing,

Then you have to be more active, I saw a few GM and many times in the full districts.

There has literally been multiple post about this.  
Yes BE is working, and yes the number of hackers has declined significantly.
Nothing is perfect though.  There will always be SOME hackers regardless of how good your anticheat is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We don't know for sure do we? Due to the fact bans are no longer announced. As someone who has played fps most of their life, I can spot inhuman feats pretty easily. There is just somethings you can't do, that only a machine can. Not trying to toot my own horn, but yes, some people can spot hackers easily.

Edited by Puffdragon
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

We don't know for sure do we? Due to the fact bans are no longer announced. As someone who has played fps most of their life, I can spot inhuman feats pretty easily. There is just somethings you can't do, that only a machine can. Not trying to toot my own horn, but yes, some people can spot hackers easily.

They should hire you, like new anti cheaters : P

When I was doing cop rank 15 I started ot notice a few sneaky low rank tards hitting every single shot a week after battleye was implemented.
Looks like Lo is having a hard enough time with the servers and weapon balance at this moment in time.

Daily 'I am silver and got destroyed so everyone must be cheating' thread.

Add it to the pile.

I've honestly only come across 1 or 2 people that are sus since BE got introduced.

EDIT: Keep downvoting me. It does not do anything.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

Well I can't say I don't meet suspicious people. But I'm usually too bad to recognise cheaters, so unless someone is damn obvious I believe nobody I meet is really cheating.

1 hour ago, BL0SS0M said:
According to my incoming whispers, I am a hacker. I must have the shittiest hacks on the planet. 😂
You're hacks are so good you're indistinguishable from a silver. 👌

I mean..if you can't get out of bronze after 5 years of apb..i think you should start realizing that you are not very good at the game

You at least should be gold to call another gold a cheater, that's common sense

56 minutes ago, INSECURITY said:
They should hire you, like new anti cheaters : P
I know you are being facetious but I would love to work for the company, and my english is quite good. Sadly I am working on my own company. I could definitely work customer support, but I am sure there are more "stable" applicants, than a ex-junky with bad nerves lol.
  • Like 1

One thing i can say that ever since BE was implemented
Most edgy people i played against with suddenly turned into decent players and not so "I'm tryhard i never miss or failclick my carbine" and missions were going pretty good for me...
Maybe some of them decide that it's time to say goodbye to the tool...till maybe there's an update to their cheats to remain undetectable or w.e.
So far i'm good tho i havnt spot much edgy players this month

Ahahahhaahhahahahaha...We still havent come to the realization that the hack makers will always be one step ahead of the anticheats. Hackers still suck blended monkey balls...If they are even hacking.

I've seen 3 or 4 times LO's GMs on Cheatel. The moment they start to talk in /district chat, some people's amazing MLG skills disappear and only appeared once GM's has left.
I think lsass's issue in Windows must have been fixed already so that will kill few cheats for some time but not too long.

Edited by Sayori

41 minutes ago, Ignas / qsn said:

still waiting for speedhackers to be banned tbf.

Pretty much this. Still seeing that clan of about four players all using a shared speedhack on Jericho (Enforcer side). They don't even try to hide it, either (not that you really can).

The worst part about this is that speedhacking can be completely stopped on the system level, they just have to implement simple server-side movement checks.

2 hours ago, Lato said:

I mean..if you can't get out of bronze after 5 years of apb..i think you should start realizing that you are not very good at the game

You at least should be gold to call another gold a cheater, that's common sense

Golds call cheats on each other on a daily basis. A bit too common.

1 minute ago, Solista2050 said:
Golds call cheats on each other on a daily basis. A bit too common.
Bear in mind that most "golds" aren't actually gold.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:
Bear in mind that most "golds" aren't actually gold.
Yeah that I already knew, but tendency to hackusate isn't that scarce even among good players.