Keshi

About selali's patch note this morning

Will "Mitigation" be off today? or will us Jericho players will have to warp for another 7days and hope it stops the next maintenance on August 22th 2018?

are we still being ddosed?
i rather warp then not be able to play at all cuz the ddos took down the servers

• Like 1

im just waiting on the showstopper thunder... which should be in the game by now i think

Yea...  We really need to do something about these lag spikes.  The game is borderline unplayable without regular server resets. 

20 minutes ago, glennie7 said:

im just waiting on the showstopper thunder... which should be in the game by now i think

well..isnt 9AM UTC around the peak hours?
13 minutes ago, TrinityFSB said:

Yea...  We really need to do something about these lag spikes.  The game is borderline unplayable without regular server resets. 

Makes me want to slowly stop playing again tbh
57 minutes ago, ShaiShai said:

are we still being ddosed?
i rather warp then not be able to play at all cuz the ddos took down the servers

Is it exactly DDoS?

7 minutes ago, Keshi said:
well..isnt 9AM UTC around the peak hours?
correct me if i am wrong but i live in europe so, isn't 9am utc like 7-8 hours ago?

I am wondering why ddos wasn't a problem in the past? Is it the isp they are using?

Years ago the problems with teleporting was due to crappy servers, now it's crappy isp? I am just speculating, plus I need more coffee, dis grammar sucks.

11 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

I am wondering why ddos wasn't a problem in the past? Is it the isp they are using?

Years ago the problems with teleporting was due to crappy servers, now it's crappy isp? I am just speculating, plus I need more coffee, dis grammar sucks.

i've had the same questions for year but i'm not sure. We might never get the actual answer 

15 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

kid got banned at a certain point and went all out. It's a mix of DDoS and years of shit server and net code.... Lots of years of neglect.
Also, the servers direct ips were given out to try and help G1 figure it out which was a bad idea.... Edited by BlakeEclipse

7 minutes ago, Keshi said:
19 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

i've had the same questions for year but i'm not sure. We might never get the actual answer 

4 minutes ago, BlakeEclipse said:

kid got banned at a certain point and went all out. It's a mix of DDoS and years of shit server and net code.... Lots of years of neglect.

Ahh I see, but it's obviously a large botnet, shouldn't be hard to find, with the right person investigating. I am leaning more towards bad isp.

Edit: Also wondering how a canadian halfway to alaska can get 40 ping in texas... Edited by Puffdragon

Just now, Puffdragon said:

Ahh I see, but it's obviously a large botnet, shouldn't be hard to find, with the right person investigating. I am leaning more towards bad isp.

Yeah.. pretty much G1 was running out of options and swapped to cheaper isp's and servers along some line..
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BlakeEclipse said:

Yeah.. pretty much G1 was running out of options and swapped to cheaper isp's and servers along some line..
Yes, imo switching to a more competent isp would probably help. As someone who worked for the big 3, you definitely get what you pay for.

2 hours ago, BlakeEclipse said:

i'm pretty sure about this
I'm at a certain point where i thought they'd be paying 50dollars a month for a godaddy VPS with unmetered connection...
2 hours ago, BlakeEclipse said:

Also, the servers direct ips were given out to try and help G1 figure it out which was a bad idea....
...Well yes someone can rent bots to DDoS but why would DDoS be the issue tho?
I remember servers playing fine and sudenly heavy packetloss starts and they end up doing a restart and then everything is back to normal.
If i am not mistaken, let's say you make a batfile on your pc to open a thousand cmd's with "ping district servers -t" and you are gonna keep throwing tons of traffic to the server and "cause a DDoS".
Then they will "Restart" the servers and then everything is back to normal for like an hour or something, or maybe the whole day or week.
I mean if you have a -t behind that cmd command it will automatically start sending packets again as soon as the server is on. Meaning a server restart SHOULD NOT fix the lag but when they do, it does fix the lag 90% of the time even if its for a day or the weekend idk.

I am not saying they are not getting DDoS'd. But i see people on citadel playing without any issues while on jericho we are lagging like crazy.
Not to mention citadel has way more players than NA, meaning more district servers equals MORE download/uploads from each player in a district doing w.e.
So i think having a shitty ISP is more likely the problem

I wanna know what goes through their heads when they think about changing something like the /who command.

Like, why even touch it?

• Like 1

Just now, GhosT said:

I wanna know what goes through their heads when they think about changing something like the /who command.

Like, why even touch it?

to prevent district stalking i'd say
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Like, why even touch it?

When you want to change name and won't know if the name is available or not 😢

7 hours ago, Puffdragon said:
7 hours ago, BlakeEclipse said:

Yes, imo switching to a more competent isp would probably help. As someone who worked for the big 3, you definitely get what you pay for.
The big three?

8 hours ago, Puffdragon said:

I think it all started in the early 2014 with that one big ddos that fried something and took APB down for nearly 24 hours

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
3 hours ago, GhosT said:

Like, why even touch it?

to prevent district stalking i'd say
I /who so I can find friends and figure out what opp to expect... It's rather dumb to remove it, I mean Jericho ONLY has 1 silver district, it isn't going to be hard for any "streamsniper" or w/e to pop in and find their target. Edited by Noob_Guardian

52 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:
I /who so I can find friends and figure out what opp to expect... It's rather dumb to remove it, I mean Jericho ONLY has 1 silver district, it isn't going to be hard for any "streamsniper" or w/e to pop in and find their target.
Thats what a friends list is for.
If people dont want you to be able to find them, you shouldnt be able to find them.
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 3:57 PM, Keshi said:
i'm pretty sure about this
I'm at a certain point where i thought they'd be paying 50dollars a month for a godaddy VPS with unmetered connection... ...Well yes someone can rent bots to DDoS but why would DDoS be the issue tho?
I remember servers playing fine and sudenly heavy packetloss starts and they end up doing a restart and then everything is back to normal.
If i am not mistaken, let's say you make a batfile on your pc to open a thousand cmd's with "ping district servers -t" and you are gonna keep throwing tons of traffic to the server and "cause a DDoS".
Then they will "Restart" the servers and then everything is back to normal for like an hour or something, or maybe the whole day or week.
I mean if you have a -t behind that cmd command it will automatically start sending packets again as soon as the server is on. Meaning a server restart SHOULD NOT fix the lag but when they do, it does fix the lag 90% of the time even if its for a day or the weekend idk.

I am not saying they are not getting DDoS'd. But i see people on citadel playing without any issues while on jericho we are lagging like crazy.
Not to mention citadel has way more players than NA, meaning more district servers equals MORE download/uploads from each player in a district doing w.e.
So i think having a shitty ISP is more likely the problem
well EU and NA have different providers and DDoS protection options. I don't know wut they do.

A simple way if putting it would be the servers run stable when no DDoS is happening but the servers still have butt code. so without DDoS eventually the servers will start to crap out because the code is garbage... kinda like a PC memory leak, it still runs and works till you hit X amount of hours or so.
So it's like a old car working when it wants to but when you DDoS it AKA Slam the throttle and Hold it there it's just causing more problems or accelerating them. this is why we have restarts to keep it as "clean/new slate" kinda condition. the restart is like the Reset of the "engine". Edited by BlakeEclipse

Fixed a bug with the Colby Commander's sound
Anyone know what the context is on this?

4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
Didn't make any sound afaik. Kind of an indirect buff considering how bad that weapon is loool

53 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
When firing the sound on the client side would be so low it's barely audible. Server sided it was fine, so others were able to hear you shoot just fine.

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:
it sounded silenced before for some reason.. should be back to sounding like a hand cannon now lol