V2050

Is it me or Waterfront is painfully empty these days?

I guess whoever has contacts to level up in Waterfront is kinda screwed.

Just... why is that?

In the past it's been notoriously laggy, so people prefer financial, that and the gun-play is different, less cqc and more sniping.

• Like 1

Waterfront is known for having really awful areas that are easy-camp and too open for some players. It also doesn't help that Waterfront seems to be either poorly optimized or it renders too much of the open to the point that it just makes playing there a dilemma for your PC.

Waterfront runs fine for me performance and connection wise, but some spots are hillariously broken.
I find it more beautiful and enjoyable to play and drive on it, compared to financial.

But yeah, it's mostly empty. It's usually one and a half full district on EU. I don't even want to imagine how it is on the other servers.

Population is slowly going back to 500 players

they nerfed the snipers so they went to financial again
They just need to start events to make people play on both districts

they don't want a population. they keep us out purposely so they don't have to pay higher server rent

because people r too excited with the weapon changes and they all test on OTW baylan..dats why

2 minutes ago, BingoBookBG said:

because people r too excited with the weapon changes and they all test on OTW baylan..dats why

The shotgun changes are on all OTW districts BUT the baylan districts.

All play on Financial because of op shotguns and nerfing IR ^^

1 hour ago, Aitako said:

All play on Financial because of op shotguns and nerfing IR ^^

You can play shotgun in Waterfront and be equally destructive, just saying.

It annoys the hell out of me knowing that one of the reasons people don't play waterfront is because of the lesser amount of CQC.  
Long and moderate engagement distances can just be just as fun and rewarding, you just need to adopt a different playstyle. 

Domino effect.

"Hey Jim why don't you play asylum?"

"Because Sam there's no one in asylum"

(so everyone else does the same thing)

"Bob why don't you join asylum?"

"Because There's no one even in asylum so why would I join?"

"But don't you realize if everyone think's that way it would never be filled? So why not join?"

"Because my cat died and I'm going through a tough time leave me alone"

"But you said your allergic to cat's?"

"Yeah I didn't say it was an accident"

"Ok so what time to you get out of this Bar Room"

"First of all never heard someone call a Jail Cell a 'Bar Room' and What were we talking about"

"Wanna play asylum?"

"Sure"

"Ok then get 3 friends and start it yourself"

Edited by Zolerox
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zolerox said:

Domino effect.

"But don't you realize if everyone think's that way it would never be filled? So why not join?"

"First of all never heard someone call a Jail Cell a 'Bar Room' and What were we talking about"

"Wanna play asylum?"

"Sure"

I take this as the official explaination for the problem I described.

2 hours ago, TrinityFSB said:

It annoys the hell out of me knowing that one of the reasons people don't play waterfront is because of the lesser amount of CQC.  
Long and moderate engagement distances can just be just as fun and rewarding, you just need to adopt a different playstyle. 

Adopts HVR

The missions are extremely one sided in favor of the defenders. All spawns are out in the open so it's often impossible to avoid getting sniped the moment you spawn in. Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

4 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Domino effect.

"Wanna play asylum?"

"Sure"

Alright so anyone wanna stand together and fill waterfront? having 10 people on each side can cause something

I also noticed that while trying to level up my criminal. Waterfront is p bad compared to Financial, and also overall population is reducing again after LO attracted back a lot of veterans. I type /pop every time I log in and I gotta say the average population has dropped quite a bit recently

1 minute ago, DouglasFalcon said:

I also noticed that while trying to level up my criminal. Waterfront is p bad compared to Financial, and also overall population is reducing again after LO attracted back a lot of veterans. I type /pop every time I log in and I gotta say the average population has dropped quite a bit recently

Yup. Here's a graph showing population of steam users too
https://steamcharts.com/app/113400

1 minute ago, Kamo said:
Yup. Here's a graph showing population of steam users too
https://steamcharts.com/app/113400

Wow it's quite incredible to me that there used to be times where 5K pop was possible. Those numbers seem so high nowadays, it's almost sad.

3 minutes ago, DouglasFalcon said:

Wow it's quite incredible to me that there used to be times where 5K pop was possible. Those numbers seem so high nowadays, it's almost sad.

And that's only accounts for the people who play the game on steam. If you use the launcher from g1 like me you're not in those stats, which means the population was even higher than that

Just now, Kamo said:
5 minutes ago, DouglasFalcon said:

And that's only accounts for the people who play the game on steam. If you use the launcher from g1 like me you're not in those stats, which means the population was even higher than that
What about people running Advaced APB launcher then? Are they also not included?
Because if so then the numbers may actually be lower than reality nowadays, given how many of us use that instead of the normal one.

Just now, DouglasFalcon said:
What about people running Advaced APB launcher then? Are they also not included?
Because if so then the numbers may actually be lower than reality nowadays, given how many of us use that instead of the normal one.
Hmmm I believe they should show up as well. Using the Advanced Launcher with its files inside the Steam folder for the game still allows Steam to detect that you are running it.

8 minutes ago, Solista2050 said:
10 minutes ago, DouglasFalcon said:
Hmmm I believe they should show up as well. Using the Advanced Launcher with its files inside the Steam folder for the game still allows Steam to detect that you are running it.
Lol then I guess we're close to reaching a negative record once again 

6 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:
Adopts HVR

The missions are extremely one sided in favor of the defenders. All spawns are out in the open so it's often impossible to avoid getting sniped the moment you spawn in.
I've spawned in plenty of times without getting sniped... 
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TrinityFSB said:

N-TEC, HVR, OBEYa, and Obir team comps are rather boring to face especially when the objective is IN THE OPEN. Oh look spawn and fire instantly on point, how "fun"

I stay away from waterfront as much as I can due to district optimization and crappier gameplay. If I wanted an hvr fest i'd go to baylann, though a few "groups" have been starting up on financial lately and its toxic af Edited by Noob_Guardian