LazyLizard

Premium/New LTL Weaponry & tweaks to older ones.

Lets be honest: Some of us love playing enforcer for the LTL reasons. Whenever it's the challenge or the tilt-related nature it can cause in opposition. However, currently it's a bit of a bland soup as the weapons related are rather limited:

NL9+Variant.
TG-8 + Variant
CCG + Variants
PIG + variant
OPGL stun variant
Stun grenades, and percussions.

Why not expand this list further so there can be new life breathed into the LTL communities within the game?
A good starter would be open-slotted ones, for example.
Alternatively, wholly new LTL weapons, as there isn't for example a long range option for a sort of LTL-support role.
(NL9 DMG, long distance tranquilizer rifle that doesn't exactly work very well close range, with minimal health dmg? Tis just a pitch.)
Etcetera, along with providing tweaks to some existing items, such as the stungrenade.
Currently as it exists, if you are dead center in the grenade, it will stun you. It also falls off rather rapidly. My own suggestion would be to give it the range & damage of a frag or concussions, neither to my record having capacity to oneshot anybody (except fragile?)  Meaning it'd be something of the following:

Max Health Damage 250
Max Stamina Damage 750? (previously 1,000)
Max Hard Damage 121.0
Max Damage Radius 3m (2 previously)
Radius 7m (6 previously)
Speed 15.5 m/s
Fuse Delay 4 sec

Discuss and pitch your ideas here. And try to keep it within topic without heating it up too much. Edited by LazyLizard
corrected the name of LTL pistol

tbh i have no real issue with the stun grenade getting a nerf as long as it keeps concussion equivalent damage/radius (990 stamina damage/2.5m radius)

open slot ltl could make ltl competitive, which is not a good thing unless theres a criminal equivalent imo

as for new ltl, i personally think a dmr with hb3 is great for long range support, but i wouldnt be opposed to a specialized ltl long range addition
id also like to see some kind of ltl antivehicle weapon that disables vehicles without blowing them up, but something like that might have to wait for the new engine

• Like 1

I believe LTL need a complete rework before contemplating expanding it.

4 hours ago, Dopefish said:

What would you suggest?

Just now, Nitronik said:
4 hours ago, Dopefish said:

What would you suggest?
For example, Stabba ccg needs to be nerfed to deal less damage than star 556, it can stun enemy and owner gets a pretty good advantage, and it deals damage as good as normal weapons, but it shouldnt.

1 hour ago, Nitronik said:
5 hours ago, Dopefish said:

What would you suggest?
That would need an entire topic of its own, and I'd require alot more time outlining a suggestion for it, but it would involve reworking the mechanics for LTL, witnessing and ram raiding in general. As all of these systems feels completely separate from the actual game at the moment, I'd focus on integrating them into the normal game experience one way or another.

STAR 552 is a 6 shot kill, meanwhile the CCG is a 8 shot stun. Unless you were talking about the TG-8 (which i will correct on the opening post) which is a 6 shot stun, then it's a big BUT: You need to consider that the FBW is also a 6 shot pistol. So with these notes lifted from APBdb vault, i dont' see why the TG-8 would need a nerf. Sure it could be evened out in terms of range, as the FBW has 30m, while the TG-8 has 35.

Edited by LazyLizard

I posted this in another topic but I'll say the same thing here too as I'd like to show my support. I too would love to have at least a permanent slotted CCG from Armas so I didn't have to keep renting them. Also it would be great to try out other mods on it. I always seem to run low on ammo, trying bandolier on one would be pretty nice. I feel that most of the preset rentable versions of LTL weaponry are flawed in some way or another due to the mods, I just think being able to pick and choose our own mods would make LTL more fun to use and maybe easier to use solo. An example like stated above would be using bandolier to give the CCG more ammo because I don't know about you guys but after I've arrested 2 to 3 people I am all out of ammo though if you look at a lethal alternative you could be killing 4-5, maybe even 6, players with an NTEC or a STAR without running out of ammo. I don't know, I would just really like to see it. Even for a trial period just to see if it really would cause the end of the world everyone, mostly criminals, say having slotted LTL weapons will.

• Like 1

I honestly feel after 10,000+ hours (7000 hours on my main Steam account alone,) in this game that LTL is perfectly balanced. the only thing I would ask for is the permanent LTL weapons on Armas.

Even if it had to come down to being Max rank cop or whichever rank you are for the corresponding weapons awarded at each level first, that would be a pretty fair trade off.

It does get tedious purchasing the Stun OPGL a bunch. Maybe perm. explosive weapons too for everyone with the same system. If you've unlocked the rank in game to get the weapon, you can purchase it indefinitely.

What are you talking about?

Crims don't use tasers in the real world. This game is meant to emulate some things of the real world. Granted it's a video game, tough.

Remove ram raiding then, lol. See, that's pointless, crims get to do things cops don't & vice versa. There is no problem with LTL. It's a great dynamic for this game. Plus people lose stamina from other weapons systems or falling from heights, adds to the stuns effectiveness.

Stop thinking everything needs to be removed or balanced because another faction lacks access to them. Plus it helps people fulfill their role in the game. Adds to the feeling of being an Enforcer or Criminal.

What next? Remove cops lights & sirens from Enforcers? Now you're just making it a bland team DM game. I feel everyone needs to stop to just stop whining & have fun.

• Thanks 1

Open slotted LTL is something what we should have, some of the preset modded LTL weapons are terrible, also why there isn't preset modded and/or open slotted OPGL-CD?

Before any other changes to LtL, the stun grenades and pig could use a bit of a nerf. As it stands,they can feel pretty cheap to those on the receiving end.

I'd like to see open slots at some point in the future, but perhaps with the restriction of no red mods. (Via some placeholder red mod.) Increasing the firerate or the max distance could result in them being a little too good for what they're meant to be.

Lastly, it doesn't appear that all normal weapons have the ability to finish a stun, even with 1000+ stamina damage done. (I.E. Hitting with a scout then pig stuns, while the reverse does not.) I'd like to see this reworked, but can't imagine it being completely fair for all weapons. So to start, I'd like to see that category expanded little by little.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Leefekyn said:

Before any other changes to LtL, the stun grenades and pig could use a bit of a nerf. As it stands,they can feel pretty cheap to those on the receiving end.

I'd like to see open slots at some point in the future, but perhaps with the restriction of no red mods. (Via some placeholder red mod.) Increasing the firerate or the max distance could result in them being a little too good for what they're meant to be.

Lastly, it doesn't appear that all normal weapons have the ability to finish a stun, even with 1000+ stamina damage done. (I.E. Hitting with a scout then pig stuns, while the reverse does not.) I'd like to see this reworked, but can't imagine it being completely fair for all weapons. So to start, I'd like to see that category expanded little by little.

Definitely no nerfs, possibly changes.

Open slotted ones yes, red placeholder mods no.

Yes we should have more normal weapons that can stun.