EU vs US

When can we switch servers??

EU
Ien51zB.png

And US
TzfMbFM.png

Make an alt like the rest of us, n00b... oh wait, you must already have one to have taken this picture

P.S. Here's another screen to show the populations currently:
1824f48b0a.png

Yet everyone of you said things like "colby best" "joker best" "jericho best".

Hehe.

Citadel best.

• Like 2

i mean if Jericho can have better servers there might be more people on NA... The lag killed me so hard one time i switched to that 1 citadel character i had and played without any teleporting with my 180ms...

NA has gotten the server short end of the stick since all the way back to the server merge period.

Remember how the Citadel Merge transition went over relatively painlessly, then Jericho Merge kicked off - and it was a raging disaster?

Yeah, this is the long-term result of that.

Also, as pure speculation, I'm fully willing to believe that NA region routing, even at the business level, is just worse than EU if you're not a large enterprise. Even NCsoft had severe issues last year with the NA servers for several of their titles.

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

Citadel best.

I would play Citadel, but I don't speak Russian.
#RussiaBest

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:
I would play Citadel, but I don't speak Russian.
#RussiaBest

It's not just russian, it's everything! All at once!

But it's english most of the time, actually.

Just now, GhosT said:

It's not just russian, it's everything! All at once!

But it's english most of the time, actually.
I only speak McDonalds.

I'd point out the actual reason Jericho has no population, but knowing this game's community it would be intentionally misconstrued.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nite said:

NA has gotten the server short end of the stick since all the way back to the server merge period.

Remember how the Citadel Merge transition went over relatively painlessly, then Jericho Merge kicked off - and it was a raging disaster?

Yeah, this is the long-term result of that.

Also, as pure speculation, I'm fully willing to believe that NA region routing, even at the business level, is just worse than EU if you're not a large enterprise. Even NCsoft had severe issues last year with the NA servers for several of their titles.

Multi-part issue if you ask me. The area they chose to move the merged NA server to is notorious for having all kinds of networking problems.

Secondly they forced large swaths of their community to play with substantially higher latency. Both Colby and Joker had a massive population that was from other regions. Those two locations just happened to work as great middle-grounds for a lot of players. They forced all of those people to either quit or tolerate extremely laggy gameplay. For many of them re-rolling wasn't even an option. They had too much bound to the NA servers to simply up and leave. 

I really wish they didn't force that on us. I remember a lot of people fighting to keep the servers separate. Some even suggesting they invest in finding a better solution (my favorite being regional districts, IE: central login server with districts spun up in each region). There were other ideas of course. Point is that I don't really recall anyone being overly fond of the idea from the very start. Yet old G1 forged ahead.

One of the largest mistakes they could have possibly made. I remember Jericho almost immediately having a smaller population than Joker did on it's own.  Edited by Genobee

From a personal PoV playing on Jericho with >144ms Ping is no fun, can't imagine it's more fun the other way round either tbh.

It's a fact that the coastal U.S.A. has better internet rather than central U.S.A.
Not many places in central U.S.A. has fiber optics so the internet is worse through there.
They are adding fiber optics through there but it is going slow through certain states.

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

I'd point out the actual reason Jericho has no population, but knowing this game's community it would be intentionally misconstrued.

Because people in NA/SA dont want to play APB?

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

It's a fact that the coastal U.S.A. has better internet rather than central U.S.A.
Not many places in central U.S.A. has fiber optics so the internet is worse through there.
They are adding fiber optics through there but it is going slow through certain states.

Do you mean this in the general infrastructure sense or just the consumer availability sense?

I would assume larger businesses and datacenters would have had fiber networking to the wider continent for years upon years now at least

I like to imagine that HAN is a tiny group of deep friendship, sharing everything from work to relationships with each other.

Edited by VanilleKeks

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Yeah, I live 5 miles from a larger town, with multiple providers and of course Fiber, yet they allow a smaller provider to charge me over double the cost for a third of the speed. 

They claim the cost is to high to run (cable/fiber) lines to our town, yet local government requested an FCC exemption to allow that larger provider to provide that business, and that business only with Fiber, to entice a business to our town. This new business is literally 3 blocks from my house, and they have Fiber. Even if that business paid for that transmission line, they hooked into fiber maybe 1/3 of a mile from our town................................... so that last 1/3 was the deciding cost factor after that 4 2/3 miles?

Its a complete joke since if we want internet, its one choice (not including satellite, but who wants that kind of ping, yuck) and honestly its $70 for 15gb of speed, and 5 miles away its $30 for 35gb (higher options available) 
Not comparing apples to apples talking cable to DSL?  ok well the 2nd provider in that larger town is you guessed it, telephone.... and they charge way less than $70 for the same speeds

the only answer is smaller less corrupt government, and deregulation, because the FCC can go fuck themselves IMO.

37 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

I like to imagine that HAN is a tiny group of deep friendship, sharing everything from work to relationships with each other.

Buying character slot for HAN immediately.

6 hours ago, Nite said:

at NA region routing, even at the business level, is just worse than EU if you're not a large enterprise. Even NCsoft had severe issues last year with the NA servers for several of their titles.

NA routing is dog shit, always has been because our internet infrastructure is garbage and our internet companies would rather be jerks and spike the price as much as they can, intentionally staying out of one another's area, rather than work together and have proper infrastructure.
3 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

From a personal PoV playing on Jericho with >144ms Ping is no fun, can't imagine it's more fun the other way round either tbh.

Europeans love to complain about having high ping, I play there pretty regularly with between 120-160ms depending on the district and time of day, and a lot of the people over there BabyRage as soon as their ping goes slightly over 100ms, they act like they're so laggy it's unplayable and it's the end of the world. I do just fine on 160ms. Edited by Similarities

Rather have 130ms to Citadel where I only have ping lag compared to getting 90ms on Jericho, when I should get 50ms, and then having routing issues ontop of that, then ddos issues, then the servers also being shit.

EU players have it reeeaaaaallll nice

• Like 1

HAN is literally a standing joke.  I really wish there was a way to move from one server to another.
Hell, I'd even be willing to pay a small fee for it.

3 hours ago, Nite said:
Do you mean this in the general infrastructure sense or just the consumer availability sense?

I would assume larger businesses and datacenters would have had fiber networking to the wider continent for years upon years now at least
Businesses in  major cities tend to have the fiber optics but other places are not all upgraded yet.
I do not remember the exact details sorry.
There was a news article on this before I'll try to find it again.
2 hours ago, Killerela said:

(not including satellite, but who wants that kind of ping, yuck)

I have satellite now the ping can be 88 here if no bad weather.
The fires lately on the west coast are messing with the DNS servers as well though..... so bleh

I found one of the sites again that shows fiber optics coverage for an example but I have not found the news article  yet.

https://broadbandnow.com/report/fiber-optic-availability-map/

I can't wait for quantum communication to enroll worldwide. Imagine having 20ms no matter which server you chose to play.

• Like 1