Any news on this? I don't want to create a support ticket about it as I'm fairly sertain a lot of people also want a refund for one or more weapons. I saw some threads about it right after the update, but I haven't seen LO reply to it.

EDIT:
I've contacted support sugesting they do 1 of 3 things.

1. Refund G1C. I personally don't want my money back, I just want the ability to get the same weapon but with different mods.

2. Simply unlock weapon slots. Entierly remove weapons with preset mods from Armas and open mod slots on weapons ingame. All mods will be stripped from weapons and be sent to your ingame inbox.

3. Give players the option to have IR3 eliminated from their weapon. I don't know how this should work but somehow have a poll or something in your inbox for each weapon with a preset IR3 where you can check either "eleminate IR3" or "keep as is". The IR3 will be removed from the spesific weapon and the weapon slot will be locked.

I'm very well aware that LO don't "need" to do anything at all, but I think it's unfair for the players who've supported APB to just leave them with a weapon that can't be used competetively cause a preset mod got reworked.

Edited by Gizzly
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

They will look into the ready modded versions from armas.

Actually they will launch another fix...

1 minute ago, SpeedyCat said:

They will look into the ready modded versions from armas.

Actually they will launch another fix...

I've read the upcoming changes post, doesn't seem like they're going to change IR3 other than nerfing the range slightly.

I personally like the changes with IR3, think it's good we'll need to take a proper drawback for range and it'll for sure make modding a little more interesting. I'm just sat with a TAS20 Stock that I'm not going to use cause the firerate is too slow now, I'd like that replaced
  • Like 1

I totally agree with you, on my case i bought years ago my premodded OBIR “Vladivostok“ and now i get outgunned much more than before,  it was always not easy to play Obir in mid/close range before but now it is near impossible to do so with satisfaction. Without IR3 it is totally fine to play.

• Like 1

I do think that the IR fixes are good though, making IR the diagonally opposite of CJ. The additional time is also great for bloom recovery, making it even more niche.

Just now, Sniperturtle said:

I do think that the IR fixes are good though, making IR the diagonally opposite of CJ. The additional time is also great for bloom recovery, making it even more niche.

Inb4 Cooling Jacket increases range instead of reducing accuracy.
(Thats a joke btw LO, please DO NOT do that)

21 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Inb4 Cooling Jacket increases range instead of reducing accuracy.
(Thats a joke btw LO, please DO NOT do that)
Matt: wait cookie is on to something
LO_Beastie: So what should i do boss?
Matt: hmm... do it, push it on live and we'll monitor the forums to see how many hate posts it gets and we'll patch it after that.
Flight: Meh my Job is gonna be so hard keeping the posts clean if this happens t.t
Matt: It's ok team we in this together, we go big or we go home. Do this for my beard atleast.

(This is also a joke, don't take me seriously plz) Edited by Keshi
Issa joke tho

no

you don’t get refunds for balance changes you don’t like

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Keshi said:
Matt: hmm... do it, push it on live and we'll monitor the forums to see how many hate posts it gets and we'll patch it after that.
Flight: Meh my Job is gonna be so hard keeping the posts clean if this happens t.t
Matt: It's ok team we in this together, we go big or we go home. Do this for my beard atleast.

(This is also a joke, don't take me seriously plz)
That'd be priceless if that's how it went

Just now, Kevkof said:
9 minutes ago, Keshi said:

(This is also a joke, don't take me seriously plz)
That'd be priceless if that's how it went
4hKeXYX.gif

All I can say is I'm glad I didn't buy the Pathfinder LR PR2

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

no

A product I paid for has been fundementally changed and is no longer what I purchased.

As I already stated I'm happy for the changes but the product I paid for is no longer the product I own therefor I should be inclined to get the G1C i paid for it back, or at the very least be given an option to change it to another product worth the same amount of G1C. If you buy a new phone and a software update changes/breaks it completely you'd want a refund too. Edited by Gizzly
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Gizzly said:
A product I paid for has been fundementally changed and is no longer what I purchased.

As I already stated I'm happy for the changes but the product I paid for is no longer the product I own therefor I should be inclined to get the G1C i paid for it back, or at the very least be given an option to change it to another product worth the same amount of G1C. If you buy a new phone and a software update changes/breaks it completely you'd want a refund too.

All the buyers of the original Jericho kits should also get a refund. They changed the looks of the kit significantly, reduced the amount of parts you can swap, and then deleted threads asking for it to be reverted.

45 minutes ago, Gizzly said:

As I already stated I'm happy for the changes but the product I paid for is no longer the product I own therefor I should be inclined to get the G1C i paid for it back, or at the very least be given an option to change it to another product worth the same amount of G1C. If you buy a new phone and a software update changes/breaks it completely you'd want a refund too.
just because you don’t like the way it was balanced doesn’t justify a refund

since i doubt you also want a refund for the guns you may or may not own that were buffed during this balance pass

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:
just because you don’t like the way it was balanced doesn’t justify a refund

since i doubt you also want a refund for the guns you may or may not own that were buffed during this balance pass
I said multiple times that I'm happy with the Improved Rifeling rework. Refunding the G1C was the best option for the problem imo, but I'm open to other options. If LO allows players to eleminte IR3 from their weapon and lock the mod slot, for example my TAS20 Stock would have Tagger and 2 closed weapon slots instead or IR3, Tagger and a closed weapon slot. I'd be alright with that.

I think that changing a weapon is fair game and players shouldn't be refunded (unless it was a very reason purchase (1-2 weeks max)), but changing a mod which affects some weapons greatly, we should have some kind of option to have the spesific mod revoked from the weapon.

So a G1C refund would be nice and easy, but If LO want's to put extra time into just removing the mod from players who desiers it I'd be fine with that too
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gizzly said:
I said multiple times that I'm happy with the Improved Rifeling rework. Refunding the G1C was the best option for the problem imo, but I'm open to other options. If LO allows players to eleminte IR3 from their weapon and lock the mod slot, for example my TAS20 Stock would have Tagger and 2 closed weapon slots instead or IR3, Tagger and a closed weapon slot. I'd be alright with that.

I think that changing a weapon is fair game and players shouldn't be refunded (unless it was a very reason purchase (1-2 weeks max)), but changing a mod which affects some weapons greatly, we should have some kind of option to have the spesific mod revoked from the weapon.

So a G1C refund would be nice and easy, but If LO want's to put extra time into just removing the mod from players who desiers it I'd be fine with that too
I would advise you to message support instead of debating with people who may or may not have terrible grammar.
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:
5 minutes ago, Gizzly said:

I would advise you to message support instead of debating with people who may or may not have terrible grammar.
Kind of what I asked in the start. I know other people asked for similar stuff, so I was wondering if it was something that we got an official statement on as I know support is already loaded and I don't want to waste their time if they've already made a statement on preser IR3

They're going to just continue ignoring it and hoping it goes away on the forums. Your only actual option is to just submit the support ticket.

7 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

no

This.

/Thread

Whats the point of rework or nerfing IR if we are going to ask for refund? Thats just stupid more work for LO over nothing.
For me IR was good as it should "Improve" and not "downgrade" weapons. It would be nice if they put shorter range on it than it was before. With this negative effect shooting feels a bit slow like we are over 70 years old and we cant track things moving fast. This game was fun for me because every time I was playing it I wanted to be better than I was yesterday. Its better to focus now on servers and new engine than on things like IR and I can bet that when new engine comes around there will be many ppl saying they liked old version more and ask for more refunds. 
Fix matchmaking, have a stable servers, make BE working good is all we need and I guess all LO needs till right now. 🙂

Yeah, they kind of made my LCR PR2 useless -- it went from a gun that I enjoyed using as a "pseudo-sniper" in place of an OBIR or actual sniper to a gun that I can't STAND due to its abysmal fire rate, and on top of that it's no longer pin-point accurate. It's simply not worth using at ALL with IR3 any more.

1 minute ago, Mightyena said:

Yeah, they kind of made my LCR PR2 useless -- it went from a gun that I enjoyed using as a "pseudo-sniper" in place of an OBIR or actual sniper to a gun that I can't STAND due to its abysmal fire rate, and on top of that it's no longer pin-point accurate. It's simply not worth using at ALL with IR3 any more.

lcr was never pinpoint accurate

9 hours ago, Gizzly said:
A product I paid for has been fundamentally changed and is no longer what I purchased.
Troublemaker users would like a word.
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:
9 hours ago, Gizzly said:
A product I paid for has been fundamentally changed and is no longer what I purchased.
Troublemaker users would like a word.
And Nano users
And Yukon users