Sign in to follow this  
Seadee

Kevlar Damage Reduction Mod

6443058296782848.png?k=dOYMKT4BY0hvNuUte

Have Kevlar reduce incoming damage rather than increase health, the health pool remains the same (1000) but with the reduction in Incoming damage you can survive slightly more shots, the key here though is that when you do take damage and get into cover, you are actually less damaged than an equivalent none kevlar user (at the moment a 850 hit is a 850 hit kevlar or not) this means you have less down time whilst you regen.

This subtle change to Kevlar's properties, makes it slightly more worthwhile without completely breaking it...

4 second delay, then just under 5 seconds to regen (595) rather than almost 7 (850) - (rough guess wont be 100% accurate)

probably needs more work, but there is the basic idea.  Edited by Seadee
made it a bit clearer
  • Like 6

not sure i understand tbh

is this for making kevlar reduce a percentage of incoming damage rather than just a flat health increase? 
if so i kind of like that idea, seems like it would be more effective against more guns than it is now 

• Like 2

If this can make Kevlar a bit better I'm all in. I like running other mods than Clotting Agent from time to time and Kevlar is one of my favourites.

• Like 2

This is honestly a good idea. Right now Kevlar is considered a Silver mod and everybody and their mothers run Clotting Agent (or the situational Flak Jacket). Revamping Kevlar would add some variation to the green mods meta while not completely changing it. Not to mention you can still deal with it fairly easily. Good post!

• Like 1

I'd use it more if it didn't make you so ridiculously slow. The extra health doesn't really count for much if you get stuck out in the open with no cover because you haven't got a hope in hell of making it to cover when there is an assault/sniper rifle taking pot shots at you. For me it's a CQC only situational mod for helping to defend points in closed corridors. I would like to see more diversity in green mods though, even new ones would be quite cool just to shake up the gameplay a bit. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 11:28 PM, BXNNXD said:

not sure i understand tbh

is this for making kevlar reduce a percentage of incoming damage rather than just a flat health increase? 
if so i kind of like that idea, seems like it would be more effective against more guns than it is now 

Yes, Reduce the damage rather than giving you a higher health pool, though at first it seems like one and the same, the damage reduction ends up being far more flexible from a play style point of view, you can survive longer with Kevlar and because you are being damaged less, you have more health after you get shot, meaning less downtime when you regen, which to me sounds like a much better situation than right now.

Less sitting duck, more slow Juggernaut , the only thing i could think to tweak on top would be to make your top speed slightly higher (than right now with kev) and keep the slow acceleration (like a car with armour plates) 
  • Like 1

We really need this, or just a rework in general on mods to make everything worth of using, I only see ppl around with the same mods and weapons all the time, when that happens you know something is wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

how about changing negative effects of kevlar too instead of slowing character down. I have another idea.

kevlar 1 - you can’t carry secondary weapons.
kevlar 2 - you can’t carry secondary weapons + grenades
kevlar 3 - you can’t carry secondary weapons + grenades + (-1 total primary weapon magazine or 5% slowing down or something else)

Edited by SML
  • Like 2

I guess Kevlar could be made also as a deployable invisible steel plate around body
Kv1 Deployable- 1 steel plate that absorbs 1 shot of Ntec
Kv2 Deployable- 1 steel plate that absorbs 1 shot of DMR
Kv3 Deployable- 1 steel plate that absorbs 1 shot of HVR
with a reasonable cool down ,while equipped, Kv/CA  canT be used.

What about explosives? Would it also decrease explosive damage (flack jacket's job) Or just flat out all sources reduce by 30.

6 hours ago, Zolerox said:

What about explosives? Would it also decrease explosive damage (flack jacket's job) Or just flat out all sources reduce by 30.

id say it should altho this would make flak jacket far more of a specialized mod (even with the extra 10% reduction), since kev will retain the movement speed effects

On 8/24/2018 at 8:09 PM, Queen of Love said:

I guess Kevlar could be made also as a deployable invisible steel plate around body
Kv1 Deployable- 1 steel plate that absorbs 1 shot of Ntec
Kv2 Deployable- 1 steel plate that absorbs 1 shot of DMR
Kv3 Deployable- 1 steel plate that absorbs 1 shot of HVR
with a reasonable cool down ,while equipped, Kv/CA  canT be used.

You mean the riot shield?
FnMod_Consumable_Cover.png

Just press 4 The second they swap to their hvr.

I mean it is called "Mobile Cover" for a reason.

1 hour ago, Zolerox said:
You mean the riot shield?
FnMod_Consumable_Cover.png

Just press 4 The second they swap to their hvr.

I mean it is called "Mobile Cover" for a reason.
dressing shield could be better.

On 8/24/2018 at 7:59 AM, SML said:

how about changing negative effects of kevlar too instead of slowing character down. I have another idea.

kevlar 1 - you can’t carry secondary weapons.
kevlar 2 - you can’t carry secondary weapons + grenades
kevlar 3 - you can’t carry secondary weapons + grenades + (-1 total primary weapon magazine or 5% slowing down or something else)

IMO that would make Kevlar even less used as is it now.
It's already a pain to use Flak Jacket to have "Explosive" damaged reduction, and 1 single Conc nade + 1 shoot still takes you down. and carrying 1 less nade sucks.
Imagine having no grenades, no secondary, only your primary just to have some extra health or damage reduction, totally not worth.

15 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:
It's already a pain to use Flak Jacket to have "Explosive" damaged reduction, and 1 single Conc nade + 1 shoot still takes you down. and carrying 1 less nade sucks.
Imagine having no grenades, no secondary, only your primary just to have some extra health or damage reduction, totally not worth.
what about a -50% stored ammo?

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
19 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:
what about a -50% stored ammo?
I mean, why would it have to touch anything out of health properties? Clothing agent only makes you reg slower and start regenerating faster.
Kevlar should give you damage reduction/extra health, and just regenerate slower or start regenerating with more seconds.
If you make a health mod touch something else, like flak jacket, removing 1 nade, or the actual kevlar, making you slower, ppl just don't use it.

10 hours ago, TheKeanuReeves said:
I mean, why would it have to touch anything out of health properties? Clothing agent only makes you reg slower and start regenerating faster.
Kevlar should give you damage reduction/extra health, and just regenerate slower or start regenerating with more seconds.
If you make a health mod touch something else, like flak jacket, removing 1 nade, or the actual kevlar, making you slower, ppl just don't use it.
But kevlar’s buff is a powerfull buff. You just can’t make it balanced with a health negative effect. 

Imagine a True Ogre kevlar 3 yukon guy with percs. He has no slowing down effect but regeneration starting time debuff. He can just destroy enemies like terminator in closed places and he can wait for regeneration until enemies spawn.

The key point is mods should be a preference, not abused things.
Btw clothing agent is not abused thing, its just an only preferable green mod. Kevlar, flak jacket, fragility needs to be more preferable. I hope LO will take care of this after weapon balance work is done.

I tried to make kevlar more preferable with my idea. Okay you don’t have to like this. I thought true ogre guy example with my idea. IMO he can still prefer kevlar but couldn’t abuse it. But of course it’s just an idea and there are always better ones.  Edited by SML

Kevlar making you slower is sensible because you are wearing heavier armour, heavier armour = moving slower, simples.

Flakk Jacket retains speed, but costs you grenades and only reduces the effects of explosives, it's a trade off with Kevlar at that point. 

then you of course have Fragile making you faster but die easier. 

3 health mods, different benefits/penalties 

making weapons unable to equip wouldn't really make all that sense, less stored ammo might work? because with Kevlar you will be alive for longer, giving you a higher chance to run out of ammo.

1. 10% Damage Reduction
    -15% Stored Ammo
  2. 20% Damage Reduction
    -20% Stored Ammo
  3. 30% Damage Reduction
    -25% Stored Ammo
or something along those lines? 

1 hour ago, Seadee said:

1. 10% Damage Reduction
    -15% Stored Ammo
  2. 20% Damage Reduction
    -20% Stored Ammo
  3. 30% Damage Reduction
    -25% Stored Ammo
Negative effects that you offer are not enough in my opinion. -25% Stored ammo is nothing beside 30% damage reduction. 

7 minutes ago, SML said:
1 hour ago, Seadee said:

1. 10% Damage Reduction
    -15% Stored Ammo
  2. 20% Damage Reduction
    -20% Stored Ammo
  3. 30% Damage Reduction
    -25% Stored Ammo
Negative effects that you offer are not enough in my opinion. -25% Stored ammo is nothing beside 30% damage reduction. 
Fair enough, what you thinking -50% at level 3 or more?   Edited by Seadee

7 minutes ago, Seadee said:
Fair enough, what you thinking -50% at level 3 or more?  
We can't know unless we play it with those changes. But there are lots of ammunation sources, i mean you won't be run out of ammo easily again. Plus dying means quick ammo storation in APB. But as i said we can't know unless play with it.

1 hour ago, SML said:
1 hour ago, Seadee said:
Fair enough, what you thinking -50% at level 3 or more?  
We can't know unless we play it with those changes. But there are lots of ammunation sources, i mean you won't be run out of ammo easily again. Plus dying means quick ammo storation in APB. But as i said we can't know unless play with it.

dying does, but you don't take kevlar if you WANT to die, so you are able to live longer, but have to make it count.