Beastie

1-19-6 - Quick Changes for Live this week

Hi Everyone,

Following up on Matt's post here:

As Matt mentioned, we're going into another round of testing over the course of the next few weeks, and we'll be working with you all to both find balance for the shotgun changes (which were a little OTT) and also some tweaks to other weapons that we didn't cover with the previous test cycle. Since this is going to be a longer test period, we don't want to leave the game in its current situation for that length of time, so have some tweaks to shotguns in order to bring their ranges down somewhat. We know these changes are slightly blunt, and these weapons / mods will be receiving different balance changes in the test districts as we find a better position for them.

The OTW build currently up contains the following changes:

Rifling changed to 2.5m, 5m, 7.5m (from 3, 6, 9).
CSG: Range down to 7.5m/17.5m (from 10m/20m)
JG: Range down to 7.5m/15m (from 10/20)
Shredder: Range down to 20m/40m (from 25/45).

To reiterate, these changes aren't necessarily what we're planning to keep in the long term, they're short term fixes while we improve the items through OTW testing.

These changes are available in the all non-prototype districts on the OTW client and we'd appreciate any feedback.

Note: There are other changes in this build that are part of the setup for the A:B testing. These aren't going live this week. You can ignore them for now, I'll discuss them once these changes are tested.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Good stuff, thanks

Edited by Jahola

Hey @LO_Beastie could you go into your changes to ISSR-A..? Currently I don't feel like the changes you've made to the gun have any substantial difference to the viability of the weapon and it seems as though the Dog Ear which is the ISSR-B has the actual stats of the ISSR-A with regards to walking, jumping, running, sprinting etc accuracy and vice versa. 

Do you wanna change this weapon or do you wanna continually adjust this weapon with small changes or is there something more substantial you wanna try with it..? 

Edited by AgentWatson

15 minutes ago, LO_Beastie said:
I still feel like the range is fine but the damage is a bit over the top.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tobii said:
As I mention above Tobii, these changes aren't meant to be final by any means (and I agree with you). We know from the previous round of testing that the Shredder wasn't too powerful with a shorter range, but in a better state than its previous live iteration, so this is a change we can make in a short amount of time while we look at longer term solutions.

1 minute ago, LO_Beastie said:
10 minutes ago, Tobii said:
As I mention above Tobii, these changes aren't meant to be final by any means (and I agree with you). We know from the previous round of testing that the Shredder wasn't too powerful with a shorter range, but in a better state than its previous live iteration, so this is a change we can make in a short amount of time while we look at longer term solutions.
Noted.
I'll see if I can get some testing done.

I feel like shotguns should be completely reverted to pre buff. They were fine and I was often maining JG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for nerfing Rifling even more even after it didn't need to be changed. You turned it from a mostly dead mod after the change to a completely dead mod now.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Tobii said:
52 minutes ago, LO_Beastie said:
Just for an idea, what would you have them change it to?
Wouldn't it be better to rather change its accuracy or lower the number of pellets to either add rng or reward well aimed shots rather than take away both it's close range and medium range power? At 30+m it's still taking 4+ shots because of the pellets that spread wider

Just now, Unclean said:
Just for an idea, what would you have them change it to?
Wouldn't it be better to rather change its accuracy or lower the number of pellets to either add rng or reward well aimed shots rather than take away both it's close range and medium range power? At 30+m it's still taking 4+ shots because of the pellets that spread wider
I've already said what I feel like they should change. The shredder is supposed to be used in MM mode and not work well in CQC.
Making it more accurate on range WOULD reward well aimed shots.
Right now it's just point in the general direction and have your corsshair be somewhat on the target.

Adding RNG is never a good way to fix anything. It takes the skill out of it.
  • Like 2

Please don't forget fixing the ogre.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Tobii said:
I've already said what I feel like they should change. The shredder is supposed to be used in MM mode and not work well in CQC.
Making it more accurate on range WOULD reward well aimed shots.
Right now it's just point in the general direction and have your corsshair be somewhat on the target.

Adding RNG is never a good way to fix anything. It takes the skill out of it.
True, but going on a game that relies on spread as a benefactor for balance it's not unheard of.. 

even now if you were to go against someone with a close range weapon and fire the shredder using hip fire, youd most likely lose.. 
I do feel like something needs done, but lowering damage to the point to where it takes more shots to kill just makes it a spamming gun like nfas

you just follow what Kempington says, a guy that has 0 idea what so ever about this game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LO_Beastie said:

It's a nice start but far from balanced. This weapon is still going to mint everyone at 30-35m.

10 minutes ago, Unclean said:
True, but going on a game that relies on spread as a benefactor for balance it's not unheard of.. 

even now if you were to go against someone with a close range weapon and fire the shredder using hip fire, youd most likely lose.. 
I do feel like something needs done, but lowering damage to the point to where it takes more shots to kill just makes it a spamming gun like nfas
I didn't want the damage to be that low.
This is what I suggested with the damage
rIHpZ5B.png
D7pDhCw.png
Yellow being my suggestion.

I do feel like the initial pellet damage might be a bit much though. /shrug
  Edited by Tobii

I still don't feel like we can properly test the guns on OTW as it's located in the US and most of the players play on the EU server, and therefore have terrible connection to the US which can make guns feel inconsistent, making the testing obsolete as the entire shotgun change was an attempt at making them feel more consistent, without being overpowered

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LO_Beastie said:

Shredder: Range down to 20m/40m (from 25/45)

The shredder probably also needs a slight RoF tweak downward. I think it's the combo of it being able to fire fully auto very quickly and at range is what's causing it to slip and slide like a madman. The inaccuracy doesn't kick in quickly enough to avert the ability to do a tonne of damage.

1 hour ago, Clandestine said:

I feel like shotguns should be completely reverted to pre buff. They were fine and I was often maining JG

I fully agree on this.
I used to be a shotgun main and I don't think the buff was necessary at all, now they're rather broken than balanced.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frosi said:

Thank you for nerfing Rifling even more even after it didn't need to be changed. You turned it from a mostly dead mod after the change to a completely dead mod now.

That's good, so people will start considering the Obeya CR762 instead of the N-tec at long range..which is a harder and more counterable weapon, also changes the damn n-tec meta finally

a voice on the wind whispers "% based IR, short range weapons should stay at short ranges"

anyone else hear that?

revert the fire rate nerf to IR3, with this change you killed the Obir and the HVR only killer on range, this nerf is so dumb, you guys have 0 idea of what you are doing in this game.

The only fix for the shotguns to start with was working servers

Edited by hack
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Lato said:
2 hours ago, Frosi said:

That's good, so people will start considering the Obeya CR762 instead of the N-tec at long range..which is a harder and more counterable weapon, also changes the damn n-tec meta finally
It wont stop me from using ntec, i will still use ntec at long range without IR and u can also jump-lean shot with it ;o so the nerf for IR doesnt really changes anything, except not using it anymore as frosi mentioned previously.

23 minutes ago, hack said:

revert the fire rate nerf to IR3, with this change you killed the Obir and the HVR only killer on range, this nerf is so dumb, you guys have 0 idea of what you are doing in this game.

The only fix for the shotguns to start with was working servers

Guess which one is the HVR
svME88k.png

gMOVaYR.png

The obir is fine even with IR3.