Beastie

1-19-6 - Quick Changes for Live this week

1 minute ago, Triicia/Shhift said:
10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
Its a bit better now, goes from 3stk to 4stk at 23m now.
I was just on OTW, and I was consistently getting 3 shots on 30-35m. This is just ridiculous they should really just revert all the changes made to both IR and shotguns, no one asked for them. We wanted more consistency, that doesn't come from weapons being buffed into oblivion, it comes from consistent server performance which should be the main focus. Can't really play the game properly or keep a stabile player base when the server runs like crap for everyone on both EU and NA.
You have to make sure you are in the correct district on OTW for the new shotgun changes.

"These changes are available in the all non-prototype districts on the OTW client and we'd appreciate any feedback."

So not the Baylan test districts.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:
NFAS exists for the short range automatic shotgun, with the True Ogre taking it even further to essentially being a melee weapon. The Shredder is supposed to be a more mid-range automatic shotgun, sacrificing some close-range power in order to actually reach out there... hence why it has a much higher TTK than other CQC weapons, the balance point that everyone is completely overlooking in their mad dash to completely destroy the weapon.

I don't want to see the Shredder, one of the coolest guns in the game, fall to the same fate that the Strife has...
This

7 hours ago, Keshi said:
Thats the point. People do not TRY OTW to give their feedback so LO can have MORE data to collect before pushing something live.

correct me if i'm wrong.

EDIT: I tried OTW on a,b,c,d and e tests before the weapon patch went live. And those 5 times i played for 2hours on OTW and there were max 12 players...
I'm going to correct you because you're wrong, I saw a lot of people testing during the last update, and on several occasions districts were full because of the stress test, just off the top of my head in Baylan testing alone, I saw Devais, Kemp, Shini, Frosi, Bung, Cookie, myself, Snubnose, Uqe, and several other people, and we all gave our feedback on the changes (and overwhelmingly were in agreement with one another)

2 minutes ago, Similarities said:
7 hours ago, Keshi said:
Thats the point. People do not TRY OTW to give their feedback so LO can have MORE data to collect before pushing something live.

correct me if i'm wrong.

EDIT: I tried OTW on a,b,c,d and e tests before the weapon patch went live. And those 5 times i played for 2hours on OTW and there were max 12 players...
I'm going to correct you because you're wrong, I saw a lot of people testing during the last update, and on several occasions districts were full because of the stress test, just off the top of my head in Baylan testing alone, I saw Devais, Kemp, Shini, Frosi, Bung, Cookie, myself, Snubnose, Uqe, and several other people, and we all gave our feedback on the changes (and overwhelmingly were in agreement with one another)
K so my question is, from all the negative feedbacks from those who DID try OTW, why was the update "rushed" to live?
How many people DID actually give their feedbacks? How many of them are negative and how many of them are positive?
Because 80% of people that complained about the patch i havnt seen a single feedback from them
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Lumshedens said:
17 hours ago, LO_Beastie said:

Shredder: Range down to 20m/40m (from 25/45).

It's a nice start but far from balanced. This weapon is still going to mint everyone at 30-35m.
You mean its going to kill people at 30-35m with 5+ hits causing a 1.8ttk? Ntec outshoots that no problem in ~1 second. It sounds like you're just salty.
3 hours ago, Hexerin said:
NFAS exists for the short range automatic shotgun, with the True Ogre taking it even further to essentially being a melee weapon. The Shredder is supposed to be a more mid-range automatic shotgun, sacrificing some close-range power in order to actually reach out there... hence why it has a much higher TTK than other CQC weapons, the balance point that everyone is completely overlooking in their mad dash to completely destroy the weapon.

I don't want to see the Shredder, one of the coolest guns in the game, fall to the same fate that the Strife has...
Exactly, the strife has always been a close to mid range weapon, which was its main selling point as well as its high TTK for a "close range weapon". People are upset that it actually manages to fulfill that role, because it impedes on the NTEC meta as it is NOT a "cqc" weapon. It's meant for the longer ranges.

Strife used to be decent, "used" to be, because it was severely situational to begin with, and now that it's range got nerfed, haha... why even use it Edited by Noob_Guardian

15 minutes ago, Keshi said:
K so my question is, from all the negative feedbacks from those who DID try OTW, why was the update "rushed" to live?
How many people DID actually give their feedbacks? How many of them are negative and how many of them are positive?
Because 80% of people that complained about the patch i havnt seen a single feedback from them
Matt said why it was rushed to live here:
And a lot of us gave our feedback, just take a look at the OTW feedback thread and you'll see it...

There's nothing to question, it's all right there. Edited by Similarities

3 hours ago, SkittyM said:
5 hours ago, foolish ninja said:
Strife TTK: 1.25sec
JG/CSG TTK: 0,68

you can fire 4 shots, while strife shoots 2. Where is that fine? JG and CSG are so forgiving compared to strife.
It needs a fire rate buff and not more damage, cuz the damage is already at around 850
Avoid comparing the SG-21 to any other shotgun.  It's not design with the idea of going head on with anything.  It's more for team support or popping out of cover.  Not to mention 858 damage is still absurdly high for a shotgun in APB, lowering the TTK could put it at S1 Manic status, and fuck that shit.
I'd agree accept it has a huge range issue to be a support.. it's not like the hvr that can be used at any range

17 hours ago, killerskull said:

Im thinking its better if you make mods for each weapon group and not doing the mess we are in right now. Specific mods for shotties, snipers, rifles, semi auto and so on. atm Im hearing people say they are not using rifling on their ntec because it increases the ttk. To me, thats a fail change to the mod if people are taking it off. Rifling mod should benefit using rifles no? (IM assuming ntec is considered a rifle).

Why would you introduce mods specifically for weapon groups? This would require more work and/or give players less options. The current setup for mods allows players to customise their weapon in several ways, while prohibiting illogical and/or overpowered combinations.

Also how would you ever come to the conclusion that the N-Tec can be considered a rifle? If it was, it were in the 'Rifle' category, not 'Assault Rifle'. When looking at the original design of it, it was even intended to be a short ranged assault rifle (higher ROF, lower accuracy). Ultimately the execution of this design failed spectacularly, which is how we ended up with the jack-of-all-trades, master of most N-Tec.

8 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:
You mean its going to kill people at 30-35m with 5+ hits causing a 1.8ttk? Ntec outshoots that no problem in ~1 second. It sounds like you're just salty.
yea dude im sure im just being salty
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, SkittyM said:
12 hours ago, foolish ninja said:
Strife TTK: 1.25sec
JG/CSG TTK: 0,68

you can fire 4 shots, while strife shoots 2. Where is that fine? JG and CSG are so forgiving compared to strife.
It needs a fire rate buff and not more damage, cuz the damage is already at around 850
Avoid comparing the SG-21 to any other shotgun.  It's not design with the idea of going head on with anything.  It's more for team support or popping out of cover.  Not to mention 858 damage is still absurdly high for a shotgun in APB, lowering the TTK could put it at S1 Manic status, and fuck that shit.

problem is, it has only 7.5m range. You have to sit on his face to do the full damage, otherwise pellets will miss and you will do like 500 damage, which makes it useless in any situation.
And you cant just tag him, then run away, cuz the most encounters are at very close range.

9 hours ago, Similarities said:
Matt said why it was rushed to live here:
And a lot of us gave our feedback, just take a look at the OTW feedback thread and you'll see it...

There's nothing to question, it's all right there.
I know about all of them, because i tested all myself and gave my feedbacks
And ofcourse you have this as well for bugreports but not everyone use this section https://forums.gamersfirst.com/forum/84-otw-bug-reports/ 
But Back to my point i still don't see most of the names that were complaining on seperate posts after the patch was live, in those posts.
But anyways It happend they will fix it and we just got to wait Edited by Keshi

15 hours ago, Unclean said:
You must not read the forums..

Just one of those people who show up to whine?
ok wise patootie, where is the post saying we are working on fixing the BE bug that boots legit player upon loading the district, do you see that in any of matts stuff,,,no. No it says we gonna work on more weapon changes, don't say nothing about fixing what they broke. you need new servers, a new provider, before you start changing things.  n if the game worked I wouldn't be here to whine.

Just now, MACKxBOLAN said:
~snip~
Were you ever able to get in contact with support about your issue, Mack?

2 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:
15 hours ago, Unclean said:
You must not read the forums..

Just one of those people who show up to whine?
ok wise patootie, where is the post saying we are working on fixing the BE bug that boots legit player upon loading the district, do you see that in any of matts stuff,,,no. No it says we gonna work on more weapon changes, don't say nothing about fixing what they broke. you need new servers, a new provider, before you start changing things.  n if the game worked I wouldn't be here to whine.
they're working on server issues, but most of it is from the engine and code which they are rebuilding from the ground up. That's why Reloaded gave up. if BE is giving you issues then its probably a kernel issue.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
3 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:
~snip~

well I left the ticket two weeks ago, n I got a reply that they had received it, immediately, but no fix. they are still screwing me and a few others. its like they have bugged my house, soon as I decide to go ahead with the hasel  of joining paypal, they squeeze me out. soo no reason for paypal, no game

Just now, MACKxBOLAN said:

well I left the ticket two weeks ago, n I got a reply that they had received it, immediately, but no fix. they are still screwing me and a few others. its like they have bugged my house, soon as I decide to go ahead with the hasel  of joining paypal, they squeeze me out. soo no reason for paypal, no game
Well I hope you can get it sorted soon.
Have you tried sending a message to BattlEye support?

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
3 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:
~snip~

now the forum is duplicating my posts,,exellent

didn't know there was a BE support, ive heard people are turning it off, n why don't I do that, well cause I'm not a hack so I don't know how to turn it off

Ah it is what it is. They are trying to make a Maserati out of a Yugo

58 minutes ago, Discophilia said:
nice ps2
??????????????????

1 hour ago, Discophilia said:
2 hours ago, Lumshedens said:
nice ps2
damn u really SHOWED HIM !

20 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:
21 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:
exactly, nothing there to fix the infinite loading kicks by BE, just more plans to alter specs on guns.  {I do like what they are doing} but the bogging servers since the patch, n the plan is to do more testing for more spec changes, not fix the servers so they accept players in mission districts.
I was referring to the 2nd paragraph that says:

"Second, it's really frustrating when we patch in new content, and then spend the whole weekend getting DDoSed. I apologize to the players who got on and experienced lag, warping, and other issues. Many players on the forums took the opportunity to poke fun at our "potato servers" or the "crappy new net code". Unfortunately we were under mitigation all weekend, so no one really got a chance to experience the benefit of the changes. Rest assured this is still my top priority to fix."

On 8/14/2018 at 11:07 AM, LO_Beastie said:

Rifling changed to 2.5m, 5m, 7.5m (from 3, 6, 9).

3m, 6m,  9m was fine I even wouldn't mind a bit more because the - firerate is a heavy negativ.

On 8/14/2018 at 2:07 AM, LO_Beastie said:

what's the point of even changing them at all then? this seems like an autistic approach imo.....

3 hours ago, DonBlack said:
On 8/14/2018 at 5:07 AM, LO_Beastie said:

3m, 6m,  9m was fine I even wouldn't mind a bit more because the - firerate is a heavy negativ.
this what happens when you don't try OTW and end up crying on the forums that certain guns are "broken"

9 hours ago, Lumshedens said:
.84 ttk and it did the same thing prepatch, but if you missed a few it increased the ttk drastically, now it actually 3 hits like it's supposed to! THE HORROR. Ntec still does it better Edited by Noob_Guardian