Beastie

1-19-6 - Quick Changes for Live this week

40 minutes ago, Uqe said:
it went from being a 3 stk at 40m to a 4 stk at 23m? Damn they actually did something
i mean thats what its supose to be tbh
that thing can 3shot at 40m on live servers

@LO_Beastie Instead of reverting the range buff on IR3, can you please look into doing what has been suggested a few times and make it buff the slotted weapon's range by a percentage? This way, it nerfs the current abuse cases (shotguns), while still providing significant increases for the weapons that really want to use it (OBIR, CR762, sniper rifles, etc).

Also, please don't kill the Shredder. It finally sees the light of day, only to get curbstomped within a week... Shredder isn't a normal shotgun, it's supposed to be competitive with the assault rifles (STAR, NTEC, FAR, etc).

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

So we have no plans to fix the servers so any of these guns can be used, we just have plans to add more stuff but not new servers or a decent provider.
Oh but it will be like 10 years before they see the tickets that tell them the servers are broken, n we'll just ignore that. 
Push out the old players n Put On an Eminence Front.

You must not read the forums..

Just one of those people who show up to whine?

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:
@LO_Beastie Instead of reverting the range buff on IR3, can you please look into doing what has been suggested a few times and make it buff the slotted weapon's range by a percentage? This way, it nerfs the current abuse cases (shotguns), while still providing significant increases for the weapons that really want to use it (OBIR, CR762, sniper rifles, etc).

Also, please don't kill the Shredder. It finally sees the light of day, only to get curbstomped within a week... Shredder isn't a normal shotgun, it's supposed to be competitive with the assault rifles (STAR, NTEC, FAR, etc).

a percentage increase for range drop off would definitely be a decent solution for "some" of the issues relevant to shotguns 🤔

but i'm quite curious as to why you consider a shredder as not a normal short barrel auto shotty? sure it was implemented with farther drop off and a tighter spread but by no mean does that imply it should be par with an assault rifle i find that claim rather outrageous or over-exaggerated at the very least  😕 Edited by Spaghettio

42 minutes ago, Spaghettio said:
a percentage increase for range drop off would definitely be a decent solution for "some" of the issues relevant to shotguns 🤔

but i'm quite curious as to why you consider a shredder as not a normal short barrel auto shotty? sure it was implemented with farther drop off and a tighter spread but by no mean does that imply it should be par with an assault rifle i find that claim rather outrageous or over-exaggerated at the very least  😕
It's not on par with an ar at medium range.. an ntec user still kills a shredder user with ease from the range at which an ar is meant to be played.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Unclean said:
44 minutes ago, Spaghettio said:

but i'm quite curious as to why you consider a shredder as not a normal short barrel auto shotty? sure it was implemented with farther drop off and a tighter spread but by no mean does that imply it should be par with an assault rifle i find that claim rather outrageous or over-exaggerated at the very least  😕
It's not on par with an ar at medium range.. an ntec user still kills a shredder user with ease from the range at which an ar is meant to be played.
indeed it does but i was addressing his comment saying "it's supposed to be competitive with the assault rifles (STAR, NTEC, FAR, etc)."

7 hours ago, SkittyM said:
9 hours ago, foolish ninja said:

Can we buff the SG Strife?
Its TTK is too high. 
CSG and JG can fire 2x meanwhile strife only 1x, which makes it useless. A small fire rate buff would make it viable.

The SG-21's fire rate is fine, what they actually need to do is revert the damage and range nerfs they did to it.
Strife TTK: 1.25sec
JG/CSG TTK: 0,68

you can fire 4 shots, while strife shoots 2. Where is that fine? JG and CSG are so forgiving compared to strife.
It needs a fire rate buff and not more damage, cuz the damage is already at around 850

Just now, foolish ninja said:

you can fire 4 shots, while strife shoots 2. Where is that fine? JG and CSG are so forgiving compared to strife.
It needs a fire rate buff and not more damage, cuz the damage is already at around 850
It used to one shot fragile, which was fun.
But ttk isnt everything. Not only is proper shotgun use based around cover, but teamplay is a huge part of APB.
If you run stacking attack strategies with a Strife... well lets just say everything dies pretty quickly.
Poke with Strife, and back off as teammate cleans up... rinse, repeat.
Prime with nade, clean up with strife.
Given its original massive damage output, not having the 1.25 ttk would have been insane.

Just now, CookiePuss said:
It used to one shot fragile, which was fun.
But ttk isnt everything. Not only is proper shotgun use based around cover, but teamplay is a huge part of APB.
If you run stacking attack strategies with a Strife... well lets just say everything dies pretty quickly.
Poke with Strife, and back off as teammate cleans up... rinse, repeat.
Prime with nade, clean up with strife.
Given its original massive damage output, not having the 1.25 ttk would have been insane.
inb4 someone say "Strife perc was my meta"

1 minute ago, Keshi said:
Fastest way to unlock concs!

49 minutes ago, Spaghettio said:
NFAS exists for the short range automatic shotgun, with the True Ogre taking it even further to essentially being a melee weapon. The Shredder is supposed to be a more mid-range automatic shotgun, sacrificing some close-range power in order to actually reach out there... hence why it has a much higher TTK than other CQC weapons, the balance point that everyone is completely overlooking in their mad dash to completely destroy the weapon.

I don't want to see the Shredder, one of the coolest guns in the game, fall to the same fate that the Strife has...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CookiePuss said:
2 minutes ago, Keshi said:
Fastest way to unlock concs!
darn now that i'm thinking about it...strife perc doesnt work anymore doesn't it? 🤔

1 minute ago, Keshi said:
darn now that i'm thinking about it...strife perc doesnt work anymore doesn't it? 🤔
Still does, just less consistent by a small margin.

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:
NFAS exists for the short range automatic shotgun, with the True Ogre taking it even further to essentially being a melee weapon. The Shredder is supposed to be a more mid-range automatic shotgun, sacrificing some close-range power in order to actually reach out there... hence why it has a much higher TTK than other CQC weapons, the balance point that everyone is completely overlooking in their mad dash to completely destroy the weapon.

I don't want to see the Shredder, one of the coolest guns in the game, fall to the same fate that the Strife has...
yes but not on par with assault rifles (STAR, NTEC, FAR, etc)
also did it not get a ttk buff last patch aswell? it was .84 and now it's .74 according to apb vault making it practically a cqc weapon especially with CJ with better range and damage

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:
2 minutes ago, Keshi said:
Still does, just less consistent by a small margin.
been playing on a new character and i somewhat miss the concs but i am used to the frag grenades lol...
Might try that later lmfao

Strife does 858 damage, Percs 400... so more than enough to Strife + Perc like a mofo so long as your opp isnt running Kev 3.
Sorry @Keshi and @Hexerin , multiquote didnt want to work for me.

3 minutes ago, Keshi said:
Might try that later lmfao
Please don't.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Strife does 858 damage, Percs 400... so more than enough to Strife + Perc like a mofo so long as your opp isnt running Kev 3.
Sorry @Keshi and @Hexerin , multiquote didnt want to work for me.

meh the forums is still broken. i usually have to refresh the page, copy the whole message box, refresh again then paste then submit and it will work .-.

13 hours ago, hack said:

you just follow what Kempington says, a guy that has 0 idea what so ever about this game.

Seriously , Kempington is bottom tier when it comes to twitch apb streamers; if your going to listen to streamers at-least listen to players who know what they are doing like Frosi or Trick

My opinion:

Revert oca rof buff (back to .7 vanilla ttk);
Revert latest shotgun buffs/changes;
Keep the rest of the changes (and change it more if needed).

I think ntec would be fine with the new +7.5m ir3 (ir3 ntec not strong in cqc anymore), the yukon is finally fixed and the hvr is much more balanced. The game like this would be pretty healthy I think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Davess said:
13 hours ago, hack said:

you just follow what Kempington says, a guy that has 0 idea what so ever about this game.

Seriously , Kempington is bottom tier when it comes to twitch apb streamers; if your going to listen to streamers at-least listen to players who know what they are doing like Frosi or Trick
No reason you cant watch all three, or even more, or even all of them!

15 hours ago, LO_Beastie said:

To reiterate, these changes aren't necessarily what we're planning to keep in the long term, they're short term fixes while we improve the items through OTW testing.

Can this be in larger text? Also in bold? Maybe flashing with highlights? And appear on the login, district select, map, menu, and tutorial screens? Also randomly pop up as an announcement over District Chat? And maybe once in a while disconnect users with this as the Error Code? 

That'll be greeeat thaaaanks. 

48 minutes ago, EmptyPillow said:

My opinion:

Revert oca rof buff (back to .7 vanilla ttk);
Revert latest shotgun buffs/changes;
Keep the rest of the changes (and change it more if needed).

I think ntec would be fine with the new +7.5m ir3 (ir3 ntec not strong in cqc anymore), the yukon is finally fixed and the hvr is much more balanced. The game like this would be pretty healthy I think.

The shotguns were ghostshotting for some mysterious reasons before rework, now they seem ok, maybe a bit op at range but thats all. 
IR3 is the main issue here, it shouldnt have been changed at all. Its rework hasnt really strenghten any weapon (except atac ;o which can be used at long range, cuz no more bloom/accuracy decrease from ir3), but it made them useless. (For example oscar, rfp fang, csg pr1/2, vbr tempress, obeya, and lots of other weapons).
1 more thing about ntec, it is still good at cqc, if u use it without IR. So not the mod but the weapon should have been modified .... Edited by SirEdwin

1 hour ago, foolish ninja said:

Avoid comparing the SG-21 to any other shotgun.  It's not design with the idea of going head on with anything.  It's more for team support or popping out of cover.  Not to mention 858 damage is still absurdly high for a shotgun in APB, lowering the TTK could put it at S1 Manic status, and fuck that shit.

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
Its a bit better now, goes from 3stk to 4stk at 23m now.
I was just on OTW, and I was consistently getting 3 shots on 30-35m. This is just ridiculous they should really just revert all the changes made to both IR and shotguns, no one asked for them. We wanted more consistency, that doesn't come from weapons being buffed into oblivion, it comes from consistent server performance which should be the main focus. Can't really play the game properly or keep a stabile player base when the server runs like crap for everyone on both EU and NA.