Beastie

1-19-6 - Quick Changes for Live this week

29 minutes ago, BingoBookBG said:

big testin goin on OTW rigt now..theres 2 people in social and 4 in baylan test..like people r hyped

I tested shotguns earlier. 
All I needed was one other guy and a friend volunteered. 
Also confirmed the CJ burst weapon changes worked. Was very noticable on the Obir, much less so on the Oscar.

Not all testing requires full districts.

Though it WOULD be nice if more people took part. 
5 minutes ago, SkittyM said:
2 hours ago, foolish ninja said:

Can we buff the SG Strife?
Its TTK is too high. 
CSG and JG can fire 2x meanwhile strife only 1x, which makes it useless. A small fire rate buff would make it viable.

The SG-21's fire rate is fine, what they actually need to do is revert the damage and range nerfs they did to it.

^ Edited by CookiePuss

31 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

So we have no plans to fix the servers so any of these guns can be used, we just have plans to add more stuff but not new servers or a decent provider.
Oh but it will be like 10 years before they see the tickets that tell them the servers are broken, n we'll just ignore that. 
Push out the old players n Put On an Eminence Front.

4 hours ago, Tobii said:
Guess which one is the HVR
svME88k.png

gMOVaYR.png

The obir is fine even with IR3.
dont think you tried to shoot it with IR 3

I'm confused why the already gutted Improved Rifling deserves yet another nerf on top. Was the 2 meters of extra range compared to before so incredibly powerful? How many people would be able to tell distance in this game within a margin of 1.5-2 meters?

Rifling changed to 2.5m, 5m, 7.5m (from 3, 6, 9).   
  • -trying to sneak in a range nerf for IR3 shotguns without taking away its cqc potential alright

CSG: Range down to 7.5m/17.5m (from 10m/20m)
  • -for people not running IR3 this is a small nerf
  • -its a decent nerf for IR3 at 20 meters it might make it 4 shots at 20m as opposed to 3
  • -its still 3 shot at 15 meters with IR3 and might be 2 slightly under 15m

JG: Range down to 7.5m/15m (from 10/20)       
  • -for people not running IR3 this is a small nerf 
  • -i don't think the jg needs a range nerf since its spread is already pretty bad past 10 meters
  • -this nerf effectively does nothing for people running IR3 with JG due to the spread you might aswell use csg instead tbh

Shredder: Range down to 20m/40m (from 25/45). 
  • -range is still pretty high if anything you need to make changes to its initial pellet damage it just makes it too effective at all ranges
  • -besides that maybe make it a sharper curve like 20m/27.5m  currently a 20 meter curve sounds too lenient but i have no idea what the actual curve looks like

Overall: I don't think this is going to make much of a difference
  • i feel like this is just going to alienate pump shotguns overall why do pump shottys when you can get effectively the same thing but better range with auto shottys   
  •  i don't think the jg&csg need a range nerf perhaps the csg does but to even effectively do damage past 10 meters you need IR3 which is a downside
  • really we just need to address pellet damage curve and range for some of the auto shottys and even the strife probably needs a range adjustment at the very least
Edited by Spaghettio

9 minutes ago, Spaghettio said:
  • -trying to sneak in a range nerf for IR3 shotguns without taking away its cqc potential alright

CSG: Range down to 7.5m/17.5m (from 10m/20m)
  • -for people not running IR3 this is a small nerf
  • -its a decent nerf for IR3 at 20 meters it might make it 4 shots at 20m as opposed to 3
  • -its still 3 shot at 15 meters though maybe 2 shots slightly below 15m

JG: Range down to 7.5m/15m (from 10/20)       
  • -for people not running IR3 this is a small nerf 
  • -i don't think the jg needs a range nerf since its spread is already pretty bad past 10 meters
  • -this nerf effectively does nothing for people running IR3 with JG due to the spread you might aswell use csg instead tbh

Shredder: Range down to 20m/40m (from 25/45). 
  • -range is still pretty high if anything you need to make changes to its initial pellet damage it just makes it too effective at all ranges
  • -besides that maybe make it a sharper curve like 20m/27.5m  currently a 20 meter curve sounds too lenient but i have no idea what the actual curve looks like

Overall: I don't think this is going to make much of a difference
  • i feel like this is just going to alienate pump shotguns overall why do pump shottys when you can get effectively the same thing but better range with auto shottys   
  •  i don't think the jg&csg need a range nerf perhaps the csg does but to even effectively do damage past 10 meters you need IR3 which is a downside
  • really we just need to address pellet damage curve and range for some of the auto shottys and even the strife probably needs a range adjustment at the very least
JG and CSG now 2 shot at 9m, 3 shot at 10m
shredder 3 shot at 22m, 4 shot at 23m

maybe test b4 commenting

51 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

maybe test b4 commenting

forgot to mention IR3 thought it was obvious Edited by Spaghettio
oversight

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

JG and CSG still 2 shot up to 9m with the change
(too much overdamage?)
Shredder still 3 shot up to 22m
@LO_Beastie

2 shot at 9m is not balanced? Before the patches csg 2-shot at 13m and no one said its was OP. In 2011-2013 csg 2shot at 18m and JG at 15m.

2 minutes ago, Spaghettio said:
4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

maybe test b4 commenting
excuse me for being incorrect about the potential 2 shot slightly under 15m i don't devote all my time to testing stats
The point was why comment when you dont know what you are talking about?

Also, it took one witness mission to test. 
Did it between meetings.

You are welcome.

1 minute ago, Nemoss said:

(too much overdamage?)
@LO_Beastie

2 shot at 9m is not balanced? Before the patches csg 2-shot at 13m and no one said its was OP. In 2011-2013 csg 2shot at 18m and JG at 15m.
honestly i think 2 shots at 9m is perfectly reasonable considering hallways can be longer than 9 meters 😆

2 minutes ago, Nemoss said:

(too much overdamage?)
@LO_Beastie

Its not for me to decide what is OP and what isnt. 
Just giving the feedback LO_Beastie asked for.

3 minutes ago, Spaghettio said:
honestly i think 2 shots at 9m is perfectly reasonable considering hallways can be longer than 9 meters 😆

9m 2shots makes shotguns even more situational, outclassed by smgs completely. They just cant stop nerfing shotguns every couple years.

9 minutes ago, Nemoss said:

(too much overdamage?)
@LO_Beastie

Keep in mind that is 2 shot if you aim with 100% accuracy, now you can 2 shot with quite a bit less accuracy. I don't think it is unbalanced now, because shotguns were always very inconsistent before, but more in line with other CQB guns considering the ability to pop-shot with shottys. The issue I have is with this Shredder nonsense, literally no reason to use a JG or CSG when you can use a shredder if you got the dough.
  • Like 1

Yea but 9m is really small range. In FC maybe enough but for districts is very situational. Playing shitguns means playing pistol 80% of time. IR makes corner fights better for csg but in open fights outclassed by everything.

3 hours ago, foolish ninja said:

Can we buff the SG Strife?
Its TTK is too high. 
CSG and JG can fire 2x meanwhile strife only 1x, which makes it useless. A small fire rate buff would make it viable.

That's effectively just asking for them to turn the Strife into the JG, lol. The point of the Strife has always been high damage, low RoF, and I suspect the reason they reduced the Strife's RoF so much is because they didn't like that it can, in theory, 1-shot Fragile users, however not once in my time playing APB or reading the forums have I heard a Fragile user complain about being occasionally 1-shot by the Strife, as it's very rare. In fact, I've heard Fragile users often talk about how they thought the fact they can be 1-shot by the Strife is fun / funny.

So yeah, please bring the Strife back to full damage, even if that means you need to reduce the magnitude of the pellet curve.

Why are you nerfing IR even further? At least with the current build, having slower fire rate for slightly longer range was a semi decent trade off - now it will be completely pointless.

1 hour ago, BrandonBranderson said:
exactly, nothing there to fix the infinite loading kicks by BE, just more plans to alter specs on guns.  {I do like what they are doing} but the bogging servers since the patch, n the plan is to do more testing for more spec changes, not fix the servers so they accept players in mission districts.

Just now, Lord Cashpoint said:

Why are you nerfing IR even further? At least with the current build, having slower fire rate for slightly longer range was a semi decent trade off - now it will be completely pointless.

-trying to sneak in a range nerf for IR3 shotguns without taking away its cqc potential for pump shottys

it isn't completely pointless but it is a bit silly considering pump shottys don't really need that range nerf in my opinion with the exception of potentially the CSG

It's so funny that I see more people complaining about weapon changes in this threat than the people actually spending their time testing on OTW.
Quit whining and learn how to provide actual feedback about the proposed changes. Crying AFTER the changes isn't doing any favour, retards.

8 hours ago, Clandestine said:

I feel like shotguns should be completely reverted to pre buff. They were fine and I was often maining JG

Why don't you go and do what women do? go scrub some pots and pans.

8 minutes ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

The range changes made sense. They just needed to do something with the preset weapons.

what's the point of playing OTW if they push these kind of updates regardless the community's opinion  lmao

3 minutes ago, Devais said:

what's the point of playing OTW if they push these kind of updates regardless the community's opinion  lmao

Thats the point. People do not TRY OTW to give their feedback so LO can have MORE data to collect before pushing something live.

correct me if i'm wrong.

EDIT: I tried OTW on a,b,c,d and e tests before the weapon patch went live. And those 5 times i played for 2hours on OTW and there were max 12 players... Edited by Keshi

27 minutes ago, 23k said:
9 hours ago, Clandestine said:

I feel like shotguns should be completely reverted to pre buff. They were fine and I was often maining JG

Why don't you go and do what women do? go scrub some pots and pans.
Learn to aim it helps with shotguns

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
Its a bit better now, goes from 3stk to 4stk at 23m now.
it went from being a 3 stk at 40m to a 4 stk at 23m? Damn they actually did something Edited by Uqe