Beastie

1-19-6 - Quick Changes for Live this week

1 hour ago, Tobii said:
I didn't want the damage to be that low.
This is what I suggested with the damage
rIHpZ5B.png
D7pDhCw.png
Yellow being my suggestion.

I do feel like the initial pellet damage might be a bit much though. /shrug

So it would be the first weapon to get stronger and stronger up to an amount with range after DMR? This sounds a bit silly for a shotgun when an ntec dominated almost all ranges for what? 6 years?

Improved Rifling is okay the way it is now. Tuning its buff down is not really necessary.

1 minute ago, Unclean said:
1 hour ago, Tobii said:
I didn't want the damage to be that low.
This is what I suggested with the damage
rIHpZ5B.png
D7pDhCw.png
Yellow being my suggestion.

I do feel like the initial pellet damage might be a bit much though. /shrug

So it would be the first weapon to get stronger and stronger up to an amount with range after DMR? This sounds a bit silly for a shotgun when an ntec dominated almost all ranges for what? 6 years?
Huh? No? This is how the shotguns work now. The first pellet to hit does 100 damage. next one does 83. and so on.
The graph is showing the total damage with every pellet hitting with a max of 482.
This is how it works with the JG and CSG as well.

14 minutes ago, Tobii said:
Guess which one is the HVR
svME88k.png

gMOVaYR.png

The obir is fine even with IR3.

What? Hell no, with the new IR3 changes it is no more possible to outgun nhvr and ntecs for real.

Without IR3 it is okay, but with my “Vladyvostok“ (already modded Armas version) it is no more okay.
  Edited by SpeedyCat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SpeedyCat said:

What? Hell no, with the new IR3 changes it is no more possible to outgun nhvr and ntecs for real.
I got my patootie handed to me by an obir two days ago while I was using the ntec..
This is not the case.

I edited my post, i dont mean normal obir... this is fully playable. I meant the vostock with ir3😵

2 minutes ago, SpeedyCat said:

I edited my post, i dont mean normal obir... this is fully playable. I meant the vostock with ir3😵

if you meet and HVR in the open, 1 on 1. You should win against them with the IR3 Obir if you look at the hard stats. Unless you're at like.. 99-100 meters.
But the obir really shouldn't beat the HVR at those ranges anyways.
That's what I mean.
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tobii said:
Huh? No? This is how the shotguns work now. The first pellet to hit does 100 damage. next one does 83. and so on.
The graph is showing the total damage with every pellet hitting with a max of 482.
This is how it works with the JG and CSG as well.
Sorry, I just got off work and somehow confused the pellet count with range somehow lol

So why the 41 damage loss? Does that set the damage per pellet off enough?

8 minutes ago, Unclean said:
Sorry, I just got off work and somehow confused the pellet count with range somehow lol

So why the 41 damage loss? Does that set the damage per pellet off enough?
The old shotguns would just be a line, meaning that every pellet did same damage.
Let's say that you have 20 pellets and they all do 25 damage, your total damage is then 500.
If you hit 50% of the pellets that's 250 damage, meaning you would have to hit the target 4 times if you were unlucky enough to do so.
The curve system would mean that you now upwards of 350 even though you miss with 50% since they initial pellets do more damage, then drop off.

My suggestion is to have a bit more of a linear curve, and you would therefor be punished more if you miss pellets.
It's only a minor change, but that's the idea anyways.
If you did make the shredder more accurate, it would punish you for doing half shots, but reward you for hitting all the pellets.
My stats would prob need some tweaking, but that's why we have OTW. Edited by Tobii

2 hours ago, Lato said:
3 hours ago, Frosi said:

Thank you for nerfing Rifling even more even after it didn't need to be changed. You turned it from a mostly dead mod after the change to a completely dead mod now.

That's good, so people will start considering the Obeya CR762 instead of the N-tec at long range..which is a harder and more counterable weapon, also changes the damn n-tec meta finally
This does nothing, the N-tec got easier to use with the IR change, turning it into a pretty much full auto laserbeam at 30 meters while the Obeya had its range and rate of fire gutted unnecessarily because they kept insisting on changing the mod instead of the guns that overperform with it, nerfing guns that were perfectly fine in the process.

4 hours ago, Tobii said:
Guess which one is the HVR
svME88k.png

gMOVaYR.png

The obir is fine even with IR3.
This is not 100% right, because the IR changes for burst-fire interval are not yet applied on the DB. 
Fixing later today....

The above TTK should be around 1.4 seconds (still lower than the HVR)

Edit: Fixed! Edited by Speedz
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Speedz said:
This is not 100% right, because the IR changes for fire interval are not yet applied on the DB. 
Fixing later today....

The above TTK should be around 1.4 seconds (still lower than the HVR)
you beat me to it

great u guys just told us whats goin on next couple of weeks..guess /pop wheres goin..gg anyway

Edited by BingoBookBG

Can we buff the SG Strife?
Its TTK is too high. 
CSG and JG can fire 2x meanwhile strife only 1x, which makes it useless. A small fire rate buff would make it viable.

JG and CSG still 2 shot up to 9m with the change
(too much overdamage?)
Shredder still 3 shot up to 22m
@LO_Beastie

Edited by CookiePuss

Apparently i am one of the few persons who does in fact enjoy the fire rate nerf on IR, not just in theory but in game as well. No need to modify this any further imho.
Shotguns are absolutely bonkers right now though, not sure if such a harsh range setting is the best thing to do i'd rather see the actual spread simulated realistically - massive range reduction could be beneficial though in making shotguns viable only for the closest encounters.

Edited by Sniperturtle

@LO_Beastie i think the strife needs some love now tho....atleast give it the damage to 1shot someone with fragile back. That was the only thing that made some of us use it

why does the shredder have such a long range? I really don't get it man

6 minutes ago, Uqe said:

why does the shredder have such a long range? I really don't get it man

Its a bit better now, goes from 3stk to 4stk at 23m now. Edited by CookiePuss

Im thinking its better if you make mods for each weapon group and not doing the mess we are in right now. Specific mods for shotties, snipers, rifles, semi auto and so on. atm Im hearing people say they are not using rifling on their ntec because it increases the ttk. To me, thats a fail change to the mod if people are taking it off. Rifling mod should benefit using rifles no? (IM assuming ntec is considered a rifle).

big testin goin on OTW rigt now..theres 2 people in social and 4 in baylan test..like people r hyped

Edited by BingoBookBG

So we have no plans to fix the servers so any of these guns can be used, we just have plans to add more stuff but not new servers or a decent provider.
Oh but it will be like 10 years before they see the tickets that tell them the servers are broken, n we'll just ignore that. 
Push out the old players n Put On an Eminence Front.

Why not fix the regular NFAS, its utter garbage after the damage nerf. Also the problem with the shredder is its got too low TTK for being able to destroy at close range, medium range, and all with high hard damage, not just its effective range. When people run CJ1, its close to .7 TTK with almost no downside. How is buffing guns to the point to where they are OP a way of balancing? Slightly increasing their stats is better so we can get a feel for how they affect other guns in the game. Also what on earth are you thinking with nerfing IR even more? It's already trash, and has destroyed tons of preset guns, reducing the range even more ensures nobody will ever use it. I'm really disappointed by the way LO is handling balancing, and I guess this was to be expected considering the other games they have released in the past.

2 hours ago, foolish ninja said:

Its TTK is too high. 
CSG and JG can fire 2x meanwhile strife only 1x, which makes it useless. A small fire rate buff would make it viable.

The SG-21's fire rate is fine, what they actually need to do is revert the damage and range nerfs they did to it.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SkittyM said:
2 hours ago, foolish ninja said:

Its TTK is too high. 

The SG-21's fire rate is fine, what they actually need to do is revert the damage and range nerfs they did to it.
^