76 replies to this topic

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

and also try to set the articolation near the elbow, center where should be in a real human body ( maybe you will avoid the torque effect with simply this)

Skylusion

Skylusion

Initiate

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 09-January 15

i have another question, in Jens Tutorial Video on the Steam group he uses a  file that i cannot seem to find.

APB_RenderMaterials_Characters.blend

becouse of the BodyMAT and HairMAT that he uses inside the video.

i wonder where i can get this.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

is always better creata an own material. simply put the texture inside.

the material  of Jenza are done with Cycles Blender, and i dont know how manage it well.

Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11

is always better creata an own material. simply put the texture inside.

the material  of Jenza are done with Cycles Blender, and i dont know how manage it well.

Im pretty sure he's using Blender internal, you can still use node setups. Courtesy of jenz.

hypergoob

hypergoob

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Joined 13-December 14

video is private..?

"hey guys"

Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11

Because it is being redone to accommodate the new skeleton and updated understandings with blender.

HolyMacintosh

HolyMacintosh

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Joined 13-March 14

Edit:

NVM, got my answer.

Edited by Celly, 15 February 2015 - 08:04 PM.

A Shot in the Dark                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    A Light in the Sky

Cop: ShadowStitch (NA)

Crims: OceanSong (NA) Solestia (Citadel)

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Coming Soon ^-^ in a BGE version

140evbc.jpg

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Left4Dead2 custom survivor tutorial (the best online) 

Is pretty hard to follow without  "miss" some steps, but is very simple when the work flow is clear.

i recommend to download all tools, epecially Crowbar. click4dowload for compile/decompile the *.qc* files

Edited by Queen of love, 07 March 2015 - 06:35 AM.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

updated with Skitty Tutorial video

Rapid99

Rapid99

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2921 posts
  • Joined 15-January 11

Wow, how incredibly convenient, oh my!

I was literally, just last night, fooling around with exporting and such when I found this thread, and was kind of disappointed when the video in the OP was disabled

The timing for this thread video update couldn't have been any better, that's crazy

Posted Image

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

i really wish to have more BGE users (Blender game engine)

is easy make a static doll, is easy too make an animated muppet, but what about an AI interactive with a Game Mechanic?

^-^ 

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7337 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Oh god, i might need to update that sooner than i thought.

FVjIqxO.pngCAZ550X.png?1
Rest in peace [<GM>HEXodus] 2015-2016

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

updated with car and weapon tutorial.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

bump ^_^ for learn with Blender, PM me.

alos for create mini-mini games

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

is September! 

29qi0rq.jpgAnd still no one modeller sent me a damn modulable interior stairs for a building with my few requirement....

Spoiler

i will use my Apb$ milions for others 4slotted cars in my collection (u,u)"

Spoiler

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3961 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

possible wrong result:

Spoiler

Dear god...

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

job opportunities with rewards:

Stair internal, modulable. Max Material allowed = 1 , Max textures allowed = 1 (2562),UvMap = 1, maxsize for module = 100k (about 200vertex) floor walkable  should  seems different by handling bars and steps and walls.--->use UvMap for a single image splitted in different "material" areas

Every floor module allow to go up by 1 floor

Spoiler

Wall must cover all module except for the front side and should have 2 doors entrance for each lateral side (as seen below)

Spoiler

Reward = 1 Milion apb$

Edited by Queen of Love, 08 September 2015 - 08:15 AM.

Cazadora

Cazadora

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Joined 26-October 14

Perhaps someone can lend me a hand here... d9882a720590d1e86e7a446fd90391e4.png

I followed the steps, even tried changing the weights after parenting... I'm screwed c:

deviantart_new_logo_by_th3emoo-d893lu2.p4qyZTDo.pngZuWT1Sj.png

93eyCKy.gifAPB Comics Wikij4MrKJk.gif

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7337 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Removing doubles on the character model?  If you have glasses, make sure to separate those before you do, then just go into edit mode, press A once or twice, so that everything is selected, then press W and select Remove Doubles.

You should unmount the skeleton then remount once this is done.

FVjIqxO.pngCAZ550X.png?1
Rest in peace [<GM>HEXodus] 2015-2016

Cazadora

Cazadora

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Joined 26-October 14

Removing doubles on the character model?  If you have glasses, make sure to separate those before you do, then just go into edit mode, press A once or twice, so that everything is selected, then press W and select Remove Doubles.

You should unmount the skeleton then remount once this is done.

Marry me

Cazadora

Cazadora

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Joined 26-October 14

Me again ^^" When applying the automatic weight it gave me the error you see above. My guess is that's because of the mask and the lack of face mesh. Is there a special way to do this? I thought about adding a face below the mask

Spoiler

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

@Cazatora

maybe the mesh is scaled, or the skeleton is scaled too,

press ALt+S in both (mesh parts and skeleton)

align them with alt+G (if they are not aligned , try alT+R too)

now should fit good with no errors while parent.

(after 'Remove doubles' in the mesh, try to 'recalculate normal" in edit mode too)

Cazadora

Cazadora

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Joined 26-October 14

@Qu

@Cazatora

maybe the mesh is scaled, or the skeleton is scaled too,

press ALt+S in both (mesh parts and skeleton)

align them with alt+G (if they are not aligned , try alT+R too)

now should fit good with no errors while parent.

(after 'Remove doubles' in the mesh, try to 'recalculate normal" in edit mode too)

Tried that several times, with and without the X-Mirror, with the mask separate and together with the body and nothing. None of the 6 previous characters gave me this error... he doesn't want to be rigged!

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

@calzatora

i had this error with a model with tutù,with a bad legs deforming, after "removed" the tutu this error disappeared, and the legs fixed with a good weight automatic assignment (and assigned to tutu the deform with Weight Painting, as separate OBJECT)

try to separate some piece from model, usually the error is due to some "plan" mesh type, like a flat part, or a multiple stract mesh (like the gas mask)

_try to separate the "uncommon" parts and assign them with "empty group or weight paint."

steps_

-separate uncommon parts asnew  object

-remove double to original mesh

-recalculate normals

-automatic weight

-test/adjust

-parent/assign weight with paint to uncommon parts

-test/adjust

-should be ok, now you can merge all the model parts and remove doubles too.

Cazadora

Cazadora

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Joined 26-October 14

Done! It wasn't only the mask, but the skateboard too! Thanks a lot

Spoiler

Edited by Cazadora, 25 September 2015 - 10:08 AM.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Little tips for add an elementar AI/Control or Player/Control to a character:

Remember that the skeleton and the mesh of your character (rigged and animated) will be only a cosmetic part of entire Char, the true AI/Control logic parts will be assigned to an easier and visible Cube_controller (Cube_C)

The Cube_controller will have all the cosmetic parts assigned as child, in the case of a FirstPS will be a simple parent, (movement of Char will be exatly the same of Cube_C, in case of ThirdPS the parent will be a vertex_parent, the Char will follow the movements, but not the rotation of Cube_C, rotation will be execute by mouse or other game interactions.)

First step after create the Cube_C is to have a clear view of the develope of Char (in this case we will consider a common Biped controlled by Player, but easy convertible to AI/control)

Instead of have a

• "Sensor-->Action"  (like Keypress W--->Motion Yaxys)

Lets begin with a logic more flexible and reusable :

• Sensor-->Condition--->Action  (like Keypress W------->Walking Condition/Status------>MotionYaxys)

In this way, if the Char have more than one sensor for gain one condition, the Action will be done only if All sensor allow condition.

More important thing is that you could have different Char but similar Condition with different realtive Action or Sensor.

this will help a lot, for example ,when any kind of Char match an obstacle or a danger zone, every Char (Ai,enemy,friendly,player) could react in the same mode when a Condition is reached. (KO, grabbed, hitted, wounded status, landing,falling ,avoid walls)

In the same way, same Sensors could create different Conditions with different/or similar Action.

Sensor Character Type (B=1,2,3), Sensor Active Char (A)

• Sensor(A,B=1)--->Condition(1)--->Action(1)
  • Sensor(A,B=2)-->Condition(2)-->Action(2)
  • Sensor(A,B=3)--->Condition(1)--->Action(2)

with this method we have saved time, there is only one sensor type for A for all the 3 kind of Char, only 2 type of Condition and only 2 for Action, B is a sensor modulable, it detect the Char type inside the Logic AI/Controls

Instead of have 4x3=12 type of logic module for every Sensor,Condition,Action we have only 8 ,we saved the 33% of CPU resources and gained a lot of fps.

exercise:

create 3 type of Cube_C (no skeleton mesh required) with 3 different AI ( Prop= Zombie, Civilian, Player) and one Health status (common)

Sensors Properties Status:

Player controlled with a simple WASD  keyboard controller (idle = jump)

Zombie controlled with a Raysensor(Prop=Civilian, Player) TRackto Civilian and Motion (slow) ( Idle= Rotation slow)

Civilian controlled with a Nearsensor(Prop=Zombie) Track to Zombie and Motion (reverse fast) (idle= stand)

Conditions Movements: 

if Player is moved by keyboard control exit from status Idle and gain the moving condition /status

if civilian is near a zombie exit from idle and begin to escape(fast) in opposite direction of Zombie

if zombie is in front of civilian of player begin to move (slow) to target.

Conditions Health:

if player/civilain touch zombie they lost health. they back in idle mode if health reach 0. (if is player = game over / restart)

zombie health decrease until 0 every 10 sec and back to idle mode if health is below 0.

If civilian touch zombie lose health

the real exercise is add more instances and trasform them in different kind of Char (Zombie touch Civilian--->Civilian become Zombie, with a simple properties changes)

This will be really useful for create a set of weapons too ,with a simple command , same item (firing item of a Char) could have total different stats.

TL:DR

Create a cube and move it with keyboard. (set physics on Blender game == Character type  & dont forget to add a static plan for walk )

nostalgicEctasy

nostalgicEctasy

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Joined 26-November 14

Thanks for this topic btw  :wub:

I have currently stumped on what to do next, as I have no prior experience with any of this - I have thoroughly watched skitty's tutorial on character rigs & I believe I have finally done it successfully through trial & error as I see all the meshes & textures in the _ripper folder.

Now, I have the all the files I need & I downloaded all the software including blender (already have PS). What exactly do I do next here with the files? I have already converted the rips to obj's & placed them in a folder on my desktop. Is this when blender comes in? Or is something with photoshop required first? (I hope I'm asking the right questions here derp)

I just want to start off simple w/ my toon in a pose provided below. I'd like to pick this up & learn everything I can! I would love & appreciate any sort of help.

Pose reference if needed:

Spoiler

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

O_o'' that pose...

however, the pieces in ripper folder need to be opened with noesis, and exported in Obj format, in the video is explained.

when you have the oby u can begin assembly with the Jenz skeleton.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

b3kl10.jpg

question: how to add the transparency to background?

answer: go in properties, select "render layer" ,unflag "sky".

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Question:

How to count individual time for any object ,with Python script inside Blender? Without using 'Timer'?

Answer:

def timego(obj,go,time,dothis)

if go is True:

obj[tictac] +=1

if obj[tictac] == time:

obj[action] = dothis

obj[go] = False

note: obj must have a "tictac" and a "action" properties

example

if lamps[light] is False:

room[dark] = True

timego(flashlight,room[dark],180,"lighton")

this will change on the flashlight the action to "lighton" after 180c (3 seconds) since dark in room become True

Edited by Queen of Love, 19 September 2016 - 09:05 AM.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

FPS performance_

Question:

• Is better have  few materials and a lot of lod mesh change Or is better have more materials and less lod mesh change? 

Answer :

• is better choose in relation to volume around player ; lets suppose to have camera view inside a closet room, or an open space.

Open Space:

In this case ,geometry could be generally simplest as possible, cause there could be largest objects and many littlest around. this requires More materials, with specific low size texture (from 16to 642) remember that 1 materials shared between different object help RAM to be less busy, but increases the CPU use if an Obj use the texture for a little % of its space. Is like share a book, but every reader need just few different page, is useless create many copies that will be handled by CPu, is better SPLIT the book in littlest unique pages, and give to each readers its own page instead of full book.

the high distance allow to use different mesh with different materials, due to lod.

• Many materials/texture ,limited textures space. Many Objects in scene. At least one mesh for every lod material, (1 obj /3 lod level == 3 mesh/3 materials)

Closet Room:

Due to extreme low distance between visual and objects , generally we need high geometry details, and also a good texture quality, this means a lot of RAM usage, and is highly suggested to create Object with the appearance of "group" of objects: Like a wardrobe with clothes inside, a Table with drink set above, a bathroom mirror set and accessoryes. This requires less materials and less textures,but more geometry UV job. Note that these will be just cosmetic objects, the item interactive requires a different approach , dont forget to add best specualr and normal map as possible. also with using of independent lights. 

if the Room dimensions are less than 10% of view distance there is not really need of Lod geometry.

if the room dimensions are less than 20% of view distance, just one lod level is enough.

over 20% of this distance visible, the lod geometry depends by object dimensions, usually after 30 meters a little bottle could be also a simple plan or directly invisible.

• Less Materials /texture, extended textures space and more effects. Few Objects in scene (but they will appears as group of many objects),few lod geometry required.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

some little update ^_^

weapon sys

melee sys

map sys material

lod + mist sys

ai improved

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Problem :Objects disappears during game but the position is correct and should not disappear! BGE.

before checking the mesh,or the visulation propertyes of object check if is parented or not

if is it parented to a bone or another object consider how bge choose to render or not:

• first bge check if the origin of object is inside view field.
  • then the object get the Ok for be rendered 
  • if there is Ok for render there will be also for the children objects.

if the object is parented with an armature is slighty different.

every bones of an armature is like an object alone the armature origin is not important but the origin of bones (the tail) is the reference for render or not:

first bge check the REST position of the bones

• if the rest position could be in the view field of camera is ok to render the assigned vertex:
  • if the rest position is out of view but the pose position is inside, the object (vertex) will be invisible.

In conclusion:

• bge will render an object only, and only if its parent origin and itself origin are inside view of field (bones pose position doesnt count,the rest pose does)

Note that this origin check step allow to save a lot of resources.

For example u could have a character assembly made by (Hair,Body,Weapon) for some reason if camera is too close or too far an object could disappear, without reason during camera  movement or a standard animation.

First check where e when the objects disappear during a standard animation.

Then Just test a rest position animation (character hold ) and you will notice that objects will disappear in the exact same zones as the standard animation tested before.

• (the weapon could disappear cause parented to an hand bone that is hidden behind a surface, if calculated as REST position,
  • the hair could disappear cause camera look too low ,near ground ,and head bones could be out of field if considered in REST position, not in pose position) 

Problem: Player score, statement, not recorded correctly.

If u need a score,achievement system for ur game there are some tips that can help for get faster results:

• never assign the data score sys to the object player itself. cause it could be neither present in the scene or able to get data , so the data could be lost or dont collected or recorded
  • always use a third object unamovable for record the result the iteration between 2 object (AA vs BB with CC referee, AA get +1, BB get +5,CC get scoreAA=1 and scoreBB=5) , consider it as a mailbox where score event are stored.
  • same way for any hud statement in player camera or item menu, but in this case we can decrease the refresh rate at very low speed cause human eye read in just 0.1-0,08 s , so we can save resource of computation.

Edited by Queen of Love, 27 March 2017 - 07:25 AM.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Question: i have exported in Facerig my model, but i cant see nothing!

Answer: If you are using Blender, the orientation of any bones need to be changed in Edit mode!

possible wrong result:

Spoiler

ExiledQueenOfLove

ExiledQueenOfLove

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Joined 22-July 12

Question: i have exported in Facerig my model, but i cant see nothing!

Answer: If you are using Blender, the orientation of any bones need to be changed in Edit mode!

possible wrong result:

Spoiler

news.

Edited by ExiliatedQueenOfLove, 09 August 2017 - 06:23 AM.

unbann everybody ! nobody is perfect !

kelly custom shopping official site ,stuff and render.

ExiledQueenOfLove

ExiledQueenOfLove

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Joined 22-July 12

Link for new video.

Exodus.

unbann everybody ! nobody is perfect !

kelly custom shopping official site ,stuff and render.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users