MattScott

1.19.6 Weekend Follow Up and next steps

CJ now affects Burst Interval too

I wonder how broken CJ oscar is

Yeee, not happy with a re-rework of the shotgun, quite sure even more people will mimimi after it. 

while i am not been allowed to enjoy my favorite gun again, i am hoping, they will rip your fav guns aswell, thank u. What a pleasent community, I dont appriciate you... 

Edit: i meant re-re-re-re- w/e how often re-rework of shotguns

Edited by SandyBitch

Dont really understand the issue with shotguns.. shotguns should be absolute monsters in cqc, and having a hybrid weapon that has farther range and hard damage but lacks firerate isn't unheard of.. it's still best by ars from their range.

it should go shotguns,smgs/carbines,ars/lmgs in order in terms of cqc power

4 hours ago, MattScott said:
This is actually being worked on. But remember, these aren't virtualized servers. They are traditional hardware that we have to provision and pay for 24/7. OTW US is a copy of what we run in production, so committing to OTW EU means additional cost year around.

3 hours ago, tennogrineer said:
3 hours ago, Tobii said:
Would there be no gain if you were to use Amazon server/Valve?
Valve mention in that DDoS talk that battlerite is running on their servers. I am would assume that their servers would be up to snuff even with something like APB?
with more and more games switching to Azure, i wonder if that is considered given its supposed more stable server infrastructure

Seconded re: Virtualized server infrastructure. OTW testing is arguably the perfect possible use case for Azure/AWS deployment on paper - the deployment can be lightning fast, the region coverage is great, and since OTW isn't something that remains always accesible, the high cost would be mitigated by the short duration of presence.

1 hour ago, Nite said:

Seconded re: Virtualized server infrastructure. OTW testing is arguably the perfect possible use case for Azure/AWS deployment on paper - the deployment can be lightning fast, the region coverage is great, and since OTW isn't something that remains always accesible, the high cost would be mitigated by the short duration of presence.

Yes, it would be optimal. But if you're putting OTW on cloud servers you need to bring the live servers over to that as well, otherwise you'll end up with inaccurate tests. They wouldn't be representative of the live servers at all

5 hours ago, AgentWatson said:
Probably should of prefaced they've changed CJ in OTW so that it increases minimum accuracy(bloom)
Cooling Jacket always increased minimum accuracy (bloom).
Thats not new.
What is new about CJ is it now effects time between bursts with burst fire weapons. Edited by CookiePuss

18 hours ago, MattScott said:

That was a rough weekend.

18 hours ago, MattScott said:

Many players on the forums took the opportunity to poke fun at our "potato servers" or the "crappy new net code".

Hey Matt.

Thanks for all your work, thank you for having faith in this video game.

Sorry for all the ridicule and other offenses that have been published in this forum.
From my point of view, he is doing things well and you are very open with us.

And for the players.
INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING THAT YOUR FAVORITE WEAPON IS UNBALANCED.
WHY DID YOU NOT ADAPT TO THE VIDEO GAME?

I think that weapons are more realistic now, let's be honest, in real life, what chances you have vs shotgun.

35 minutes ago, INSECURITY said:
Hey Matt.

Sorry for all the ridicule and other offenses that have been published in this forum.

And for the players.

I think that weapons are more realistic now, let's be honest, in real life, what chances you have vs shotgun.
122gvn.jpg

waiting for the "but games are not eral" type of comments

46 minutes ago, INSECURITY said:

Ahh the real life argument...
1 shot headshot kills with all weapons at all ranges when?
(hyperbole) Edited by CookiePuss

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
Ahh the real life argument...
1 shot headshot kills with all weapons at all ranges when?
(hyperbole)
besides some pistols tho... i seen people take berreta's and shit in the head but still alive

10 hours ago, INSECURITY said:
Hey Matt.

And for the players.

I understand, I'll just use the N-TEC, N_HVR 762, and maybe the Obeya if I'm feeling a bit frisky.

As far as realism goes, shotguns should be 1 shot kill at 25M, further if it's got a choke. The HVR should be 1 shot kill at 1000M, and all other weapons 1 hit kills at 100M except maybe the shorter barrel pistols. Suppressors should increase damage and range since they increase the bullet velocity. Also you should be left with a huge gaping anus after extracting the OSMAW from it.

On 8/14/2018 at 4:13 AM, Nite said:

This back and forth over the NTEC is getting kind of tiring to witness honestly.

So's the N-Tec/N-HVR meta for the past six-or-so years. But as long as both weapons remain largely untouched the discussion will continue. At least they try with the HVR, even if the core issue is apparently never considered for change.
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:
On 8/13/2018 at 10:13 PM, Nite said:

This back and forth over the NTEC is getting kind of tiring to witness honestly.

So's the N-Tec/N-HVR meta for the past six-or-so years. But as long as both weapons remain largely untouched the discussion will continue. At least they try with the HVR, even if the core issue is apparently never considered for change.
I still stand by the thought that the ntec is the most balanced weapon in the game, and I dont even use it.. I prefer the nssw.

I think instead of pulling meta weapons down at this point, we need to bring other weapons up to their standards.. if the ttk is longer than .75 for a medium range weapon, make it easier to use and keep the same ttk. Make the hvr switch speed longer, full accuracy from bloom slower, and eliminate hip firing from all snipers.. update smgs, the rest of ars, lmgs, and then snipers.. or whatever order.. I saw this last update as a baby step. LO should keep their chin up.. as soon as anyone sees "weapon update" they think that all weapons will have magically been worked on and all should be balanced now

1 hour ago, Unclean said:
I still stand by the thought that the ntec is the most balanced weapon in the game, and I dont even use it.. I prefer the nssw.

I think instead of pulling meta weapons down at this point, we need to bring other weapons up to their standards.. if the ttk is longer than .75 for a medium range weapon, make it easier to use and keep the same ttk. Make the hvr switch speed longer, full accuracy from bloom slower, and eliminate hip firing from all snipers.. update smgs, the rest of ars, lmgs, and then snipers.. or whatever order.. I saw this last update as a baby step. LO should keep their chin up.. as soon as anyone sees "weapon update" they think that all weapons will have magically been worked on and all should be balanced now
I think that's what we have now. Ever since 2010 i see ntec,hvr,oca and carbine. You always see your opponents rocking those. Sometimes you find an obir or obeya but now that we got so many new toys to play with "OHH THE NTEC, OHH MY HVR DAMAGE IS BS, OH THIS OH THAT"
I don't see a problem with this patch except the shotgun ranges that could be reduced(which is better now on OTW) and the strife that can't 1shot fragile users no more(unless you got percs ofc) 

On 8/13/2018 at 9:13 PM, Nite said:

The good news is no one is forcing you to take part in balance discussions.  Edited by CookiePuss

Premise:
right now the marketplace works by taking a wooping 20% of tax on selling items over it. While exagerated, this isa method to prevent inflation since other money sinks (like ammo) are relatively inexistant.

Question:
Isn't the new trading system entirely bypassing that?
Why would players use the marketplace at all if they can sell the items directly to a player by exchanging for money without any tax?

The only really important question still remains: When will we get sales?

42 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Premise:
right now the marketplace works by taking a wooping 20% of tax on selling items over it. While exagerated, this isa method to prevent inflation since other money sinks (like ammo) are relatively inexistant.

Question:
Isn't the new trading system entirely bypassing that?
Why would players use the marketplace at all if they can sell the items directly to a player by exchanging for money without any tax?

hmm. Selling legendaries without any tax you say?.

Balance discussion doesn't interest me i stick to my Niche (1 weapon role for 7 months at a time) Whether my Gun is nerfed/buffed or a different gun is now usable is of no consequence to me. No matter what i'm stuck with shotguns/smg's for the time being (C2 Being my new favorite smg for range) the balance will not impact what i use.

Quality of life changes on the other hand are Eyebrow lift worthy

"Trading system"

"Fixed Yukon's firerate"

"Matt's Beard Now accepting Hug's"

Those are the changes that peak my interest. Edited by Zolerox

4 hours ago, Zolerox said:
"Matt's Beard Now accepting Hug's"
yo...you hugged his beard?

LO should revert shotgun changes.
CSG is broken now toooo easy 2 shot kill , and so many shotguns on mission.
It's boring.

2 hours ago, dett2 said:

It's boring.

Its meta now, of course there are a lot in missions. Just like oca, hvr, cobr-a, and ntec.. it being popular doesnt make it OP. It's supposed to be strong in cqc. You were never meant to take on cqc weapons in their range with a medium range weapon.

2 hours ago, Unclean said:
5 hours ago, dett2 said:

It's boring.

Its meta now, of course there are a lot in missions. Just like oca, hvr, cobr-a, and ntec.. it being popular doesnt make it OP. It's supposed to be strong in cqc. You were never meant to take on cqc weapons in their range with a medium range weapon.
Shotguns are now ridiculously forgiving. 
Sometimes having to land less than half the pellets per shot to 2 shot. 
Oh well, I guess making apb more noob friendly cant hurt player retention. 

let the shotgun range nerf come and maybe people will leave the shotty's alone