MattScott

1.19.6 Weekend Follow Up and next steps

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:
Rofl, once again bringing threat into the convo. Let me ask does berating lower threats help u jack off? Cause u def got a hardon for berating them.
As I said before, I simply don't believe in balancing games around bad players' lack of skill.
Not sure how that's a sexual thing to you.

2 minutes ago, Nite said:

This back and forth over the NTEC is getting kind of tiring to witness honestly.

There will always be a back and forth over a gun thats not balanced. Wether it be APB or fortnite.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
As I said before, I simply don't believe in balancing games around bad players' lack of skill.
Not sure how that's a sexual thing to you.
If the gun excels at all areas of battle something isnt right. There should always be a weak area to something and the ntec dont have one.
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
N-TEC never outperformed these weapons.
If you got killed cqc by an NTEC while running JG / CSG / OCA / PMG, that was on you, plain and simple.
I still see no reason to balance guns around bad players.
Oh, I'm sorry master of APB. But N-TEC has the same TTK as most SMG's the only thing that prevents N-TEC users from killing SMG users in close range is mobility. You can't have it both ways, before people were complaining that N-TEC is too good, poking at CR762's in their range bracket and beating out CQC weapons in their niche. 

You're not balancing around bad players it's as simple as segmenting divisions between weapons to make them perform better within their respective range, I don't know what about that you're not getting. That's whole point around the shotgun changes, they were performing inconsistently even when you tried the same methods on point you could get variably different results. Living in Australia, I'd have to hit some people 4-5 times with the CSG <10 because of the way shotguns were before. 

Sorry that you liked the broken mechanics in the game before..? But I don't miss that experience.  Edited by AgentWatson
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

There will always be a back and forth over a gun thats not balanced.

It's less effort to just accept that the NTEC will always be what it is. No attempts to change it will be met with acceptance, clearly. I've long resolved to just work around it. I'd suggest you do the same at this point.

58 minutes ago, AgentWatson said:
Oh, I'm sorry master of APB. But N-TEC has the same TTK as most SMG's the only thing that prevents N-TEC users from killing SMG users in close range is mobility. You can't have it both ways, before people were complaining that N-TEC is too good, poking at CR762's in their range bracket and beating out CQC weapons in their niche. 

You're not balancing around bad players it's as simple as segmenting divisions between weapons to make them perform better within their respective range, I don't know what about that you're not getting. That's whole point around the shotgun changes, they were performing inconsistently even when you tried the same methods on point you could get variably different results. Living in Australia, I'd have to hit some people 4-5 times with the CSG <10 because of the way shotguns were before. 

Sorry that you liked the broken mechanics in the game before..? But I don't miss that experience. 
Never been an ntec user, nor a yukon user, nor an hvr user. Most of my AR kills come from the raptors, my .45 AP is my fav secondary, and I prefer the scout to the heavy HVR.
Just never had a problem facing any of these "broken" guns pre-balance.
And Im not even that good at the game tbh, I just play smart.

If I get killed its cuz I fucked up, not because of broken mechanics or OP weapons.

Yes, shotguns performed badly at high latency. But that problem was event addressed.
What we have now are EZ mode JG / CSG. What were once a high skill weapon is now just a "point in the general direction of the bad guy" weapon. Seems LO agrees if they are reworking them again.

Anyways, see you guys on OTW. Maybe we can figure out a solution together. Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Never been an ntec user, nor a yukon user, nor an hvr user. Most of my AR kills come from the raptors, my .45 AP is my fav secondary, and I prefer the scout to the heavy HVR.
Just never had a problem facing any of these "broken" guns pre-balance.
And Im not even that good at the game tbh, I just play smart.

If I get killed its cuz I fucked up, not because of broken mechanics or OP weapons.

Yes, shotguns performed badly at high latency. But that problem was event addressed.
What we have now are EZ mode JG / CSG. What were once a high skill weapon is not just a "point in the general direction of the bad guy" weapon. Seems LO agrees if they are reworking them again.

Anyways, see you guys on OTW. Maybe we can figure out a solution together.
It was addressed you wanna know how Mr, Anecdote I got on and I can consistently two/three shot people at <10m with a shotgun. That wasn't feasible for me before it now is. They're not reworking them because they agree the guns are broken that's an appeal to authority you really can't make. They're fixing them because a bunch of whiners like you have been constantly creating threads and posts on the subject ad nauseam has nothing to do with what they think on the matter, they'd put in completely broken weapons as long as people would enjoy that. 

I suppose that means they're actually listening..? Surprising too, I thought the experts on this forum said they weren't listening. 

3 minutes ago, AgentWatson said:
They're fixing them because a bunch of whiners like you have been constantly creating threads and posts on the subject ad nauseam has nothing to do with what they think on the matter, they'd put in completely broken weapons as long as people would enjoy that. 

lol u mad af
YuV5k7k.gif

At least you had a crutch for a little while.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
lol u mad af
YuV5k7k.gif

At least you had a crutch for a little while.

Doesn't have to do with what I feel either. I never said I was 100% happy on the patch, I'd of done things differently to how they addressed them but I think the balance pass was a step in the right direction overall, that doesn't mean everything is perfect but changes that need to happen seem simple, not complicated. 

unbanning scammers? why though?

i thought cheaters/alleged cheaters got unbanned because fairfight wasn't very reliable as an anticheat?

7 minutes ago, gogol said:

unbanning scammers? why though?

i thought cheaters/alleged cheaters got unbanned because fairfight wasn't very reliable as an anticheat?

There were false bans yeah, and it wasnt practical to go through and review 17,000 bans individualy. So a lot of actual cheaters got their accounts back too.  Edited by CookiePuss

I do like all the other changes especially the ones done to IR3 but the shotgun changes are destroying the game right now. Especially in financial district but just as much in asylum.

So IR has been changed again.

-2.5m 
-5m
-7.5m 

I mean 0.5m more than the original at Tier 3, nothing really to complain about anymore, it's back to where it was for the most part. Can't really test the new shotgun changes, hard to determine anything by simple stats, I'll probably wait until notes are posted. 

Honestly, if you want us to test things like shotguns - europe otw server is a must

4 minutes ago, kidi said:

Honestly, if you want us to test things like shotguns - europe otw server is a must

This is actually being worked on. But remember, these aren't virtualized servers. They are traditional hardware that we have to provision and pay for 24/7. OTW US is a copy of what we run in production, so committing to OTW EU means additional cost year around.

I still don't see the point to the IR change. It didn't have a downside, but it worked pretty much equally on all rifles and ARs. It's a useless mod if you mostly play cqc,. All this change really did was make the N-TEC more controllable at range for noobs, while nerfing every single preset weapon that has IR on it. I would remove the rate of fire nerf, and use a different downside like recoil or a slightly increased bloom per shot.

4 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

I still don't see the point to the IR change. It didn't have a downside, but it worked pretty much equally on all rifles and ARs. It's a useless mod if you mostly play cqc,. All this change really did was make the N-TEC more controllable at range for noobs, while nerfing every single preset weapon that has IR on it. I would remove the rate of fire nerf, and use a different downside like recoil or a slightly increased bloom per shot.

Oh you mean like CJ. No dude, that's a horrible idea. Simple issue, simple solution, you wanna have "mah 7 metres" and do close range..? Too bad. For all the people complaining how they can no longer do close range with their favourite "insert weapon name here" but still want to remain competitive at longer ranges, that's just bad luck. So you can either to not take IR at all or use it and then have your gun excel at longer ranges. Substantial bloom increase works on CJ because the issue is compounded by a faster rate of fire, so it increases even faster how uncontrollable your weapon can become. Good shot grouping is vital for longer ranges it's not as important for close range because you can be the biggest potato and still land shots on someone. 

As a result some guns will get easier to control yes, but you're conflating that with requiring no skill. You've been here longer than I have, so you should know that the experiences and how we know how to use weapons is only a portional part of the gameplay mechanics in APB. 

I think developers are focusing on this point of contention the community is having far too long, I'm not saying it should be the last change they should ever make to IR, it can get better but I think the community is choking on this one mod right now. 
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, MattScott said:
58 minutes ago, kidi said:

This is actually being worked on. But remember, these aren't virtualized servers. They are traditional hardware that we have to provision and pay for 24/7. OTW US is a copy of what we run in production, so committing to OTW EU means additional cost year around.
I see. Glad that this has being worked on.
Because last time i tried to OTW - i could not figure out was it i that bad with shotgun, was it shotguns or was that my 190 ping 🙂
(p.s. i got 24(interpolated)-45ms
ping on europe server)

1 hour ago, MattScott said:
1 hour ago, kidi said:

Would there be no gain if you were to use Amazon/Valve servers?
Valve mention in that DDoS talk that battlerite is running on their servers. I would assume that their servers would be up to snuff even with something like APB? Edited by Tobii

14 minutes ago, AgentWatson said:
Oh you mean like CJ. No dude, that's a horrible idea. Simple issue, simple solution, you wanna have "mah 7 metres" and do close range..? Too bad. For all the people complaining how they can no longer do close range with their favourite "insert weapon name here" but still want to remain competitive at longer ranges, that's just bad luck. So you can either to not take IR at all or use it and then have your gun excel at longer ranges. Substantial bloom increase works on CJ because the issue is compounded by a faster rate of fire, so it increases even faster how uncontrollable your weapon can become. Good shot grouping is vital for longer ranges it's not as important for close range because you can be the biggest potato and still land shots on someone. 

As a result some guns will get easier to control yes, but you're conflating that with requiring no skill. You've been here longer than I have, so you should know that the experiences and how we know how to use weapons is only a portional part of the gameplay mechanics in APB. 

I think developers are focusing on this point of contention the community is having far too long, I'm not saying it should be the last change they should ever make to IR, it can get better but I think the community is choking on this one mod right now. 
CJ only increases the maximum bloom, not the bloom per shot, although it might appear it does due to the increased rate of fire reducing the time available to recover from bloom.

The issue is it heavily impacts the performance of all weapons. There's many Armas variants that are now duds because the rate of fire makes them significantly worse than owning a non slotted version. If we could have the option to disable preset mods, that would balance out the changes. Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

12 minutes ago, Tobii said:
Would there be no gain if you were to use Amazon server/Valve?
Valve mention in that DDoS talk that battlerite is running on their servers. I am would assume that their servers would be up to snuff even with something like APB?
with more and more games switching to Azure, i wonder if that is considered given its supposed more stable server infrastructure

15 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:
CJ only increases the maximum bloom, not the bloom per shot, although it might appear it does due to the increased rate of fire reducing the time available to recover from bloom.

The issue is it heavily impacts the performance of all weapons. There's many Armas variants that are now duds because the rate of fire makes them significantly worse than owning a non slotted version. If we could have the option to disable preset mods, that would balance out the changes.
Probably should of prefaced they've changed CJ in OTW so that it increases minimum accuracy(bloom) I mean I guess you could make the argument that some dude who has bought a patroller is angry because his gun is absolutely different to the experience he thought to expect but I'm just not convinced by the metrics of that argument. I just don't believe that someone who owns any of those pre-set guns are in any shape or form absolutely devastated by these changes because they most likely have a plethora of alternatives to choose from in their own inventory and those who're new who aren't as well informed aren't going to care anyway because they've no notion of what it was like before the changes. 

My solution to remedy that might be to just give everyone who has a character exclusive pre-set should get it automatically upgraded to a account wide weapon and all those who bought for 30 days should just get it for character exclusive or to just allow them the agency to change the mods around as they please. 
  Edited by AgentWatson

1 hour ago, MattScott said:
1 hour ago, kidi said:

Man, you really acquired the near impossible task of fixing this game. Around every corner taken there seems to be another 5 problems to be worked out. 

10 hours ago, XJJ13X said:
what im  trying to say is if they gonna keep it then lower it but it would be better to take it out bc this money is  just going no where so there no reason for a tax fee i personality dont want it that's me there's people that they want it but lowered which isn't a bad thing but still that money is just going up the the sky and the time people take to make money is now where . Better ?

you do realise if there wasnt any tax every legendary would've cost 20m minimum by now ?
tax is what making u low bob able to buy legendaries

2 hours ago, MattScott said:
2 hours ago, kidi said:

nah fam just get one of them €3.5 2gb ram 1core 20gb ssd root servers from ovh in frankfurt, trust me i'm a professional, im into it alot, hosted 3+ gmod servers and an upcoming game designer

v is actually the symbol for speed in physics and this is why vservers are better than educated servers

no wonder they were running that bad

:'^)
sorry. gave in to temptation. Edited by neophobia