MattScott

1.19.6 Weekend Follow Up and next steps

25 minutes ago, Nijavid said:

was wondering will the ppl who got banned for breaking TOS of related trading issues like "scamming in game items-trading real money" 
will they get unbanned when the trading system comes out?

Lol I hope not. Scammers are human garbage and there's no place for them in this game
  • Like 3

I'm pleased to see such a rapid response from the development team. The previous management refused to back down on weapon changes, or at least did so for a very long period of time (The ATAC buff is a prime example).

42 minutes ago, SHOODOX said:
46 minutes ago, SpeedyCat said:
Hrrr hrrr.... that was me 😜

I have another nice idea:
Would be cool if we can configure three weapon presets/loadouts from that we can quickly choose if we respawn after get killed by someone ingame.

Like This here: (choose a primary gun, a secondary, a grenade type and on the right side instead of the grenades for example Equipmet or something else for A,B,C)
maxresdefault.jpg

Yes i know, i will make later a Thread in suggestion.....
If this is gonna be a thing it should be changed that only your loadouts are available during missions. Else they seem kinda useless as you can already switch hella fast using ammo boxes.
New orange mod: Second Carry
- Setup two different loadouts at a Joker Machine
- Using the mod will have your character deploy their box and switch between the two loadouts without bringing up the Inventory screen. Switch is 50% faster than normal,  the downside is that you are limited to those two loadouts unless you're at Joker Machine (other people's suppliers, car spawners and mailboxes don't work), which will replace your current loadout.

Edited by Rikard86
added stuff

cool stuff. thanks for owning up to the rush and vowing to not do it again, thats the type of communication that we never had before and takes serious guts and grants serious respect. looking toward the future plans listed.

that said, despite that hiccup it is still awesome to see such wholesomeness stuff from some of our older community trying to keep the hope train going, things like this could bridge the gap between more official news (worth checking out if you havent already) :

Just nerf the shotguns range/damage so i can play APB and not the f2p version of CoD, thank you

Thank you so much for the honesty and openness.  If anyone ever wants to check if servers are in mitigation; Shift+tab for steam overlay, click on view players,  if no names are shown and you are in-game and in a district, mitigation. If names appear, but servers are running rough, potentially ddos. Hope this helps save some people coming to the forums with multiple posts about server lag.  

No mention of fixing easily the most busted thing in the whole patch, IR3.

Hopefully you guys realize how bad the Ir3 changes are once shotguns stop being the main focus, a whole class of guns are screwed over because of Ir3 and ntec isnt even fixed anyway.

Please revert that god awful change.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpeedyCat said:

Here:
@Nite here you go. lixil on page 2 but i am sure i saw Matt mention this somewhere tho

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
I got an account back thanks to LO, so I have zero issue with others getting theirs back as well.
But thats just me, no doubt people who got scammed might feel differently.
I got my old account back too(but i wasnt fairfighted) i was unbanned a month after the second fairfight banwave

I got my designs and music/themes i made back but didnt give a single F about the JT and milions of APB$ i had.
Even tho scamming is different. People that were false fairfighted got their account back, even those who WERE legit cheating.
And i don't find it fair that some people who DID broke a different ToS than those who prob scammed or abused 5second theme bug or w.e. in social who got manual banned deserves to remain banned. Just that everyone learn from their mistakes and LOSE their JT, apb$ and prob their legendaries they ""scammed"" or w.e. also and give them their account back. There wouldnt be much scamming anymore now that we are getting a tradesystem anyways

37 minutes ago, Keshi said:
There wouldnt be much scamming anymore now that we are getting a tradesystem anyways
can't believe there are acutally people so stupid that even with a proper trade system they still get scammed... that'll probably happen at some point though LUL

When will the IR nerf be reversed? This fire rate nerf to it makes it completely worthless now as the nerf outweighs the benefits

18 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

When will the IR nerf be reversed? This fire rate nerf to it makes it completely worthless now as the nerf outweighs the benefits

giphy.webp

IR is still good(if not better) on guns like the n-tec and the RFP. The obir and cr-762 are the ones that are suffering from this change the most from my experience, only gun it seems to have actually balanced is the Oscar so you can't snipe with it.

28 minutes ago, Snubnose said:
1 hour ago, Keshi said:
There wouldnt be much scamming anymore now that we are getting a tradesystem anyways
can't believe there are acutally people so stupid that even with a proper trade system they still get scammed... that'll probably happen at some point though LUL
Bro...sadly i have to agree with you..there will always be those type of people in this world...

6 minutes ago, Nanometic said:
giphy.webp

IR is still good(if not better) on guns like the n-tec and the RFP. The obir and cr-762 are the ones that are suffering from this change the most from my experience, only gun it seems to have actually balanced is the Oscar so you can't snipe with it.
Rofl. How is it better when it takes longer to get shots off?

14 minutes ago, Nanometic said:
giphy.webp

IR is still good(if not better) on guns like the n-tec and the RFP.
RFP?
lol wut?

2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:
10 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

Rofl. How is it better when it takes longer to get shots off?
That's the whole point, it's meant to take longer to get shots off, you're paying repercussions for choosing to have more range on your weapon by losing effectiveness in close range. If the changes are reverted to how they were before with the old IR system then you'd still get N-TEC out performing SMG's and Shotguns at their respective ranges because at closer ranges the bloom is negligible because your target is bigger. The issue currently is that it's exacerbated by the shotgun changes and IR changes, so all shotguns for the most part are more effective at close range and most mid-range to long range weapons have lost effectiveness at close range. 

So it has created a bubble in close range where only OCA's and Shotguns are effective, not that this should be all that surprising. That's the way it should be though in my opinion, just need to make it so there is balance done to a lot of the other SMG's so they can be just as effective. 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AgentWatson said:
Then you'd still get N-TEC out performing SMG's and Shotguns at their respective ranges
N-TEC never outperformed these weapons.
If you got killed cqc by an NTEC while running JG / CSG / OCA / PMG, that was on you, plain and simple.
I still see no reason to balance guns around bad players.
  • Like 1

I guess the DDOS is the reason that i didn't get any of the items that i purchased/redeemed from armas market last weekend till now (and yes i submitted a request at customer support.) ...... well hope everything goes well now.. good luck RO!

6 minutes ago, AgentWatson said:
That's the whole point, it's meant to take longer to get shots off, you're paying repercussions for choosing to have more range on your weapon by losing effectiveness in close range. If the changes are reverted to how they were before with the old IR system then you'd still get N-TEC out performing SMG's and Shotguns at their respective ranges because at closer ranges the bloom is negligible because your target is bigger. The issue currently is that it's exacerbated by the shotgun changes and IR changes, so all shotguns for the most part are more effective at close range and most mid-range to long range weapons have lost effectiveness at close range. 

So it has created a bubble in close range where only OCA's and Shotguns are effective, not that this should be all that surprising. That's the way it should be though in my opinion, just need to make it so there is balance done to a lot of the other SMG's so they can be just as effective. 
Shotguns r supposed to be the meta of close range. Little range yet high power thats how a shotgun is in every other shooter in existance. For some reason APB has SMGS as the meta and while there effective at close range they shouldnt outperform shotties. As for the ntec we all know its broken as hell and needs a fix as it it effective at any range and that shouldnt be. IR makes the UP guns perform better and lets be honest, the TTK in APB is less then lackluster and making TTKs longer by having a slower fire rate doesnt help.

7 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:
As for the ntec we all know its broken as hell
If you want to speak for your silver friends, that's fine.
But please don't try to speak for the rest of us.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
If you want to speak for your silver friends, that's fine.
But please don't try to speak for the rest of us.
Rofl, once again bringing threat into the convo. Let me ask does berating lower threats help u jack off? Cause u def got a hardon for berating them.

This back and forth over the NTEC is getting kind of tiring to witness honestly.