MattScott

1.19.6 Weekend Follow Up and next steps

Hi everyone,

Okay. That was a rough weekend.

First, I own rushing 1.19.6 to Live. I was feeling good about the testing in OTW on Weapon Balance and the other 3 features we're pretty well buttoned down. From my perspective, we have a backlog of finished work that will be coming out over the next 3 weeks, so pushing out on a patch means that everything shifts by a week or two.

Having said all that, we definitely rushed the Weapon Balance and that wont happen again.

Second, it's really frustrating when we patch in new content, and then spend the whole weekend getting DDoSed. I apologize to the players who got on and experienced lag, warping, and other issues. Many players on the forums took the opportunity to poke fun at our "potato servers" or the "crappy new net code". Unfortunately we were under mitigation all weekend, so no one really got a chance to experience the benefit of the changes. Rest assured this is still my top priority to fix.

Here is how we're going to move forward over the next couple weeks.

1) Weapon Balance
We're working on a short term fix to shotguns that should stabilize things. That will be tested and go live as quickly as possible. Then over the next couple weeks we will continue with our A/B testing on OTW till we dial everything in properly. I'm not putting a time limit on it this time. We'll wait till it's ready before pushing any of the weapon balance changes live again.

2) Showstopper clean up
This week we will be patching in the Showstopper Thunder variant for Joker Boxes. 

3) Trading System & Marketplace Policy Change
The goal is to launch the new Trading System next week. Development is done, and we're going to spend this week testing to make sure we haven't missed anything crucial. In preparation for this launch, @Selali will be posting an updated policy on Marketplace trading. This policy change is being implemented to help Customer Service provide quicker turnaround on other more important issues.

Currently, we have supported making trades through the Marketplace where players can exchange item-for-item with other players. Historically this system has been done on the honor system. But based on the amount of trouble tickets, Customer Service has seen rampant abuse which is why we are introducing the new trading system. Effective today, support will no longer be taking scam case tickets related to this type of Marketplace trading. We will strive to address all of the scam case tickets currently in the system, but going forward we no longer support this. The Marketplace will now be used to trade items for in-game currency and vice versa. The Trading system can be used to safely exchange guns and other items.

Please note: if you wish to trade items for items, please hold off until we have implemented the new trading system in game.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 25
  • Thanks 15

4 minutes ago, MattScott said:

We're working on a short term fix to shotguns that should stabilize things.

This will go on OTW so that we can test it? Correct?
  • Like 1

I'm curious to know why you wouldn't implement the new support policy regarding in-game trading when the new trading system actually goes live, rather than today?

Can we also have an idea of what kind of shotgun changes you will be implementing, or whether you're reverting the balance patch entirely? Not super clear to me which way it's going with the A/B testing on OTW but the patch already being Live.

Just now, Tobii said:
3 minutes ago, MattScott said:

That is correct. We're hoping to get it up in OTW later today.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Interesting. Will you be updating this post or make a new one when OTW is ready to test again?
EDIT: you  mentioned today. well i'll be looking forward for my OTW to patch when i get home 🙂
And honestly if more people try OTW and give feedback, LO would have more data to proceed with what they need to do with balancing.
So many people are giving suggestions while 90% of them never touched OTW

Edited by Keshi

Finally!Trading System!Now we can traide items without any risk 😄 
The search system at the auction would be cool

This is not what i typed at all... Forum really needs to be fixed asap.

Edited by Tobii

1 minute ago, Tobii said:
12 minutes ago, MattScott said:

I think your browser double posted your comment

13 minutes ago, MattScott said:
15 minutes ago, Tobii said:
That is correct. We're hoping to get it up in OTW later today.

Will @LO_Beastie fill us in with the changes as per usual?

Edited by Tobii

is there a priority list for upcoming weapon changes? I'd like to know whats going to change next so I can "prepare" by more actively playing the guns that are getting changes beforehand. would make things a bit easier 🙂

7 minutes ago, Keshi said:
9 minutes ago, Tobii said:
I think your browser double posted your comment

Nope, forum is just fucked.. I am posting blank and old messages for some reason.. We really need this to get fixed. Edited by Tobii

hi did i lose some hamster food in here

also, so you guys are sticking with the current patch WITH the "shotgun rework" instead of reverting it until a better patch is agreed upon?

My question is will the taxes in the game Which is crazy bc I sold a gun for 1.8m and I got 1.2m will this promblem be changed or how will this happen bc like if I sell a Yukon for 6m and I get 5.6 then why sell it ?? It’s a crazy tax fee 

1 minute ago, Aeronaut said:

hi did i lose some hamster food in here

also, so you guys are sticking with the current patch WITH the "shotgun rework" instead of reverting it until a better patch is agreed upon?

it's not that bad... no need to revert... would probably just cause more work and delay upcoming patches further...

Is there a chance you can add the ability for us to trade our Armas clothing? I've created alot of clothing on ARMAS only gear that i've had friends want.

Edited by Goabea

4 minutes ago, XJJ13X said:

My question is will the taxes in the game Which is crazy bc I sold a gun for 1.8m and I got 1.2m will this promblem be changed or how will this happen bc like if I sell a Yukon for 6m and I get 5.6 then why sell it ?? It’s a crazy tax fee 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_sink

it's needed. but 20% is a little bit extreme tbh... 15% or 10% would be fine I guess... Edited by Snubnose
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Goabea said:

Is there a chance you can add the ability for use to trade our Armas clothing? I've created alot of clothing on ARMAS only gear that i've had friends want.

this...or atleast send the clothing(accountbound) to another character on your same account(somewhat like we can do with legendaries)

Just now, Snubnose said:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_sink

iit's needed. but 20% is a little bit extreme tbh... 15% or 10% would be fine I guess...
 I mean I see both side but come on where’s the money going if it was going around in like a circle then yea why not it makes it better but I mean idk I just think it’s a big tax fee tbh but yes I see where ur coming from 

rip shredder

Edited by Keshi

16 minutes ago, MattScott said:

1) Weapon Balance
We're working on a short term fix to shotguns that should stabilize things. That will be tested and go live as quickly as possible. Then over the next couple weeks we will continue with our A/B testing on OTW till we dial everything in properly. I'm not putting a time limit on it this time. We'll wait till it's ready before pushing any of the weapon balance changes live again.

@MattScott Will LO look into the IR3 thing with the ready modded Armas weapons?
For example the slower shooting ones: OBIR 'Vladivostok', VAS SW2 'Union', Pathfinder LR PR2, Joker RFP-9 'Fang'
At the moment it is even harder than before to compete against full auto SMG's, Aussault rifles, Snipers and some shotguns with them.
Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.
Speedy^^
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

GG
(sorry Im late)

you are never late if you are on the first page my friend

3 minutes ago, SpeedyCat said:
@MattScott Will LO look into the IR3 thing with the ready modded Armas weapons?
For example the slower shooting ones: OBIR 'Vladivostok', VAS SW2 'Union', Pathfinder LR PR2, Joker RFP-9 'Fang'
At the moment it is even harder than before to compete against full auto SMG's, Aussault rifles, Snipers and some shotguns with them.
Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.
Speedy^^
yes, they already said they'll take a look at premodded weapons 🙂
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Tobii said:

Nope, forum is just fucked.. I am posting blank and old messages for some reason.. We really need this to get fixed.
Forum is uber borked.
In case you or anyone else is using Chrome, Lixil says its best to choose another browser.
Then again I have issues using Firefox so who knows.