xsorrow

new rank platinum

I'd like to see a higher rank that is harder to get then gold alot harder so it separates the player base more. also fix the lag.

9 hours ago, xsorrow said:

I'd like to see a higher rank that is harder to get then gold alot harder so it separates the player base more. also fix the lag.

separating the playerbase even more is not what we need imo

if anything everyone should be shifted down a few levels so that green is a more commonly used threat
  • Thanks 2

I agree with BXNNXD. Green shouldn't be simply the "pre-bronze" / "trial" rank, it should be for people who genuinely have issues playing -- if they implemented Platinum, it should be cosmetic only (maybe colored like a diamond or something, blue) and be purely cosmetic, functioning as the fabled "perma-gold" but otherwise not causing a community split any further -- it's simply a rank that you can't de-rank from.

That would also stop all the de-threaters past a certain point, probably. Now THAT is an idea that I can get behind.

We DO NOT have enough players for the system we have now to work based off of the gold/silver/bronze threat.
They need to just get rid of threat entirely and let the system work itself out instead.
Adding more levels isn't going to change anything.

• Like 1

yeah it will it take 4 types of players. cheaters plat. tryhards gold. casual pros silver casual green and new players trainy.

Edited by xsorrow

18 hours ago, xsorrow said:

yeah it will it take 4 types of players. cheaters plat. tryhards gold. casual pros silver casual green and new players trainy.

The colour of your threat has zero impact on your actual ELO/MMR.

yeah i liked the rtw stat thing they had where they based ur rank on ur kills an win rating. rtw had a good foundation for threat and matchmaking.

3 hours ago, xsorrow said:

yeah i liked the rtw stat thing they had where they based ur rank on ur kills an win rating. rtw had a good foundation for threat and matchmaking.

RTW rank was never based on kills and win rating. If you are talking about RTW Threat is was based only on win rating, not kills. This was extremely poor as it was easily abused, manipulated, and not accurate to player skills with different variations of play styles.

Threat needs to be reworked to show skill not pretty cosmetic colors added.
It would do nothing to help proper matchmaking but only add more chaos from segregation.

CHAOS EXAMPLE :
Chaos from one or  two platinum against a mob of bronzes does not promote fair game play.
You would either have to go all out against bronzes or be completely outgunned by bronze noobs and be a laughing stock of the community.
Either way of handling that scenario would promote toxicity that we are trying to get away from.

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

CHAOS EXAMPLE :
Chaos from one or  two platinum against a mob of bronzes does not promote fair game play.
You would either have to go all out against bronzes or be completely outgunned by bronze noobs and be a laughing stock of the community.
Either way of handling that scenario would promote toxicity that we are trying to get away from.

That used to happen in the old matchmaking. It would be like 4-6 bronzes against a single gold. The gold would demolish the bronzes 90% of the time. The only time the bronzes won was if they got a mission where they could just zerg the final points but would still end up all going super hard negative.

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:
Just now, Fortune Runner said:

CHAOS EXAMPLE :

That used to happen in the old matchmaking. It would be like 4-6 bronzes against a single gold. The gold would demolish the bronzes 90% of the time. The only time the bronzes won was if they got a mission where they could just zerg the final points but would still end up all going super hard negative.
I remember that which is where my post came from.....dark days that I never want to return to.

On 8/15/2018 at 1:07 AM, Mightyena said:

it's simply a rank that you can't de-rank from.

That would also stop all the de-threaters past a certain point, probably. Now THAT is an idea that I can get behind.

Yeah. It would be like forcing ESL players to just play in pro league matches and don`t allow them to play casual.
It would be really stupid.

and xsorrow already had a discussion with nerfing LTL weapons "AGAIN"

On bronze servers there are gold people playing against green people. You really think making another rank would be "the solution"?

Apb is just a game you can`t start alone. Get a clan/premates and let them explain the game to you. Playing alone is just shit.

Let me show you something: I play in Bronze and I was now half a year Silver although I am max rank. But something is wrong. If the opponents would be matched against "Dethreat Tryhard" Silvers they would be demolished. I oftend end up explaining opponents which upgrades they should use or how the game even works. The other times i get demolished by Goldies. ( Remember, everything in bronze district )

wum3ssdn.jpglsvvvrme.jpg
But if you get matched against "Second Characters" the matchmaking would be unfair again. If you let other characters on the account influence the matchmaking it would be fu**ed up if a Hacker plays against you with his 67th account and he can call backup against you.

There is no way in fixing this

1 hour ago, GermanTobi said:
Yeah. It would be like forcing ESL players to just play in pro league matches and don`t allow them to play casual.
It would be really stupid.

and xsorrow already had a discussion with nerfing LTL weapons "AGAIN"

On bronze servers there are gold people playing against green people. You really think making another rank would be "the solution"?

Apb is just a game you can`t start alone. Get a clan/premates and let them explain the game to you. Playing alone is just shit.

Let me show you something: I play in Bronze and I was now half a year Silver although I am max rank. But something is wrong. If the opponents would be matched against "Dethreat Tryhard" Silvers they would be demolished. I oftend end up explaining opponents which upgrades they should use or how the game even works. The other times i get demolished by Goldies. ( Remember, everything in bronze district )

wum3ssdn.jpglsvvvrme.jpg
But if you get matched against "Second Characters" the matchmaking would be unfair again. If you let other characters on the account influence the matchmaking it would be fu**ed up if a Hacker plays against you with his 67th account and he can call backup against you.

There is no way in fixing this
You obviously missed where I said "Yeah we shouldn't split up the player base any more."
And also the part where I said "the current system needs changing anyway."

It's like I'm a Global Elite rank playing at an MG1 level, simply because I was constantly carried by friends who are much better than me at the game, in my case --

I'm garbage and get paired against tryhards, which ruins the fun in every way, and I can never dethreat because I'm constantly paired up against dethreaters, at which point I win and that's that. I know I'm not the only person with this problem, and it's a problem that's tanking player retention. Edited by Mightyena

2 hours ago, Mightyena said:
You obviously missed where I said "Yeah we shouldn't split up the player base any more."
And also the part where I said "the current system needs changing anyway."

It's like I'm a Global Elite rank playing at an MG1 level, simply because I was constantly carried by friends who are much better than me at the game, in my case --

I'm garbage and get paired against tryhards, which ruins the fun in every way, and I can never dethreat because I'm constantly paired up against dethreaters, at which point I win and that's that. I know I'm not the only person with this problem, and it's a problem that's tanking player retention.
As i said. Its just not possible in apb.
because of the already preconfigurated districts. We need one financial district with open conflict. But you cant put EVERYONE in one district.
and making others invisible is ...

Unintentional griefing, watching designs of others, seeing how a mission lets the whole street explode is just part of apb