• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Stymer

Stymer

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11
So instead of the captains picking the teams, why not have the people in the Fight pool stand on 1 side 2 caps on other,

Then the 1st captain say's ROLL, and the pool rolls, and then Highest roll goes to that Captain.

The next roll can't start until all those in pool have done there roll.

Once you are selected via highest roll you can no longer roll for player side.

This goes until last player in pool has a side

If you want a System that is totally random that would be one way to do it.

Just a thought...

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • 3728 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

So instead of the captains picking the teams, why not have the people in the Fight pool stand on 1 side 2 caps on other,

Then the 1st captain say's ROLL, and the pool rolls, and then Highest roll goes to that Captain.

The next roll can't start until all those in pool have done there roll.

Once you are selected via highest roll you can no longer roll for player side.

This goes until last player in pool has a side

If you want a System that is totally random that would be one way to do it.

Just a thought...

The teams will be complained about even if it was totally random and yet perfectly balanced, it's FE.

I'm still saying your issue would be attendance.

Heretic
Nysak

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7747 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

I'm still saying your issue would be attendance.

your only* :P

I'm game for PVP whenever
Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Gapetta

Gapetta

Conscript

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

Isn't hard to know when teams are stacked to hell just from first glance lol

Yeah. it's the team I'm on.

flyzardia

flyzardia

Conscript

• Members
  • 371 posts
  • Joined 11-November 11

:heehee:
Condemned leader: Flyzardi, Fivriaka, Cabuka, Flyzilla, Not Flyzardi

We die today brothers and sisters, we die crawling from a hundred snares with jet hammers in our necks and and ice shards in our guts. But our war cries will echo through the wasteland! Chota!

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7747 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

You'd have to drink alot to deal with the team you get tho :troll_face:

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Gapetta

Gapetta

Conscript

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

You'd have to drink alot to deal with the team you get tho :troll_face:

Good thing I'm a high functioning alcoholic as well.

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • 3728 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

It's k I counter by joining other team :troll_face:

Heretic
Nysak

pidian

pidian

pewpew kachew

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • Joined 22-June 11

Good thing I'm a high functioning alcoholic as well.

lol, it wouldnt be as funny if it werent the truth

O2eIhBL.png
1st Clone to Step Foot in S4

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • 3728 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

lol, it wouldnt be as funny if it werent the truth

haha yeah...

Heretic
Nysak

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • 1683 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

Ok..let me put this idea out there, one I'm borrowing from Crispy and Groans...On a bi-weekly basis, we host a meet outside LA or somewhere the fps is good. We have veteran players like Groans, Shiu, Dy and Karter act as "refs" and coaches. Other established players like Crispy, Kuki, Ebaloff, Madsideswipe, and Scrubba act as captains. The rest of us go into the pool. Captains pick 6-player teams and we play "pick-up" ball. The coaches use that opportunity to pass on knowledge, give advice, and..well...coach! This will not only educate the less experienced PvP population, but also bring more respect into the PvP community, as we come to know and respect each other. I may be fishing here, but is this workable?

It'd honestly be better if we just had PvP events preferably in S2 which would also reach out to the new, committed players of FE. Whether new or inexperienced players are into PvP or not is irrelevant, there's a lot to learn from the PvP community like min-maxing builds, efficient keybind setups (specifically heals), best buffs to use and so on. As far as respect goes... Some PvPers just have a natural rivalry with another player and will always taunt one another and although this can be done in a more respectful manner it'll always be part of competitive community but I think the major issue regarding respect comes down to lack of dialogue between clans and some clans just have non-stop region trashtalk taunters who should be dealt with by their clan leadership, But it doesn't help that other people jump in amongst trashtalk. I think if two people are trashtalking one another, everyone should just leave them be and not assist/participate in it otherwise it just generates more animosity.

I am rather disappointed that you did not bring forth a Traveler as part of the Veteren coaches... We have Derek Blue and although we have reigned terror throughout PvP and for some time dubbed an unassailable war machine, one cannot forget the benign side of Traveler and how Derek Blue has shepherded elf gamers through the valley in CTF.

oum60z.png

Love me or hate me. I am flattered to make the minds of so many.

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • 3728 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

It'd honestly be better if we just had PvP events preferably in S2 which would also reach out to the new, committed players of FE. Whether new or inexperienced players are into PvP or not is irrelevant, there's a lot to learn from the PvP community like min-maxing builds, efficient keybind setups (specifically heals), best buffs to use and so on. As far as respect goes... Some PvPers just have a natural rivalry with another player and will always taunt one another and although this can be done in a more respectful manner it'll always be part of competitive community but I think the major issue regarding respect comes down to lack of dialogue between clans and some clans just have non-stop region trashtalk taunters who should be dealt with by their clan leadership, But it doesn't help that other people jump in amongst trashtalk. I think if two people are trashtalking one another, everyone should just leave them be and not assist/participate in it otherwise it just generates more animosity.

I am rather disappointed that you did not bring forth a Traveler as part of the Veteren coaches... We have Derek Blue and although we have reigned terror throughout PvP and for some time dubbed an unassailable war machine, one cannot forget the benign side of Traveler and how Derek Blue has shepherded elf gamers through the valley in CTF.

To be fair the only real clan with a no mommy talk rule dropped it.

Heretic
Nysak

SirSplatsalot

SirSplatsalot

Elite

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • Joined 24-August 11
Clammy, are two people using your account? O.o Or are you changing your ways on trashtalk? Especially those PMs wow lol Angry stuff

Personally I find /region pvp at times too weaksauce lol
o5b8dv.png
Democles - Kaycee Jynx - Sir Splatsalot

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13
Again, good comments, but I was hoping to avoid the Q_Q and keep it on topic (silly of me, I know...) :smiley_emoticons_zombie01: :smiley_emoticons_zombie01: . I saw some really good ideas about team selection, but the problem of communication still looms. Everyone on a team really should be on comms. Perhaps the captains can admin a vent or TS channel for just this type of thing and invite their team and a "ref" into the channel during battles. Furthermore, the teams will be reorganized after each battle, that way, players can get used to playing with different skill sets and styles of play. How does this sound?

DLBanner1.jpg

Kit Southworth, Kitness Everdeen, Ophanim-Dying Light

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13
And Calais makes a good point...yes, everyone has their rivals, people whose personalities just clash and they get along like cats and dogs. There is nothing wrong with that. But yes, we can be more respectful. I am guilty of it, many of us are....and since I started this thread, I have to be one of the people to raise their hand and indict myself. I have to do this better, since it is my desire to promote more and better PvP. Less Q_Q, more pewpew....So..I resolve to get out of region and do my fighting in TC, TW, OP and FH. Someone said I don't always say "gf" at the end of matches....I will do my best to do so from here on out. Regardless of who wins, you should here a "gf" from me...and if I don't, feel free to call me on it. And when the fighting is done for the day, I will send a message in region thanking my opponents for the fights and wishing them the best in the future. It is time we act more respectful towards each other. I can't ask anyone to do something that I myself DON'T do. Gapetta, May, Noir, Reaps and Clammy, thanks for all the great comments and to everyone else who responded with their thoughts and ideas about how to make PvP more active and enjoyable. Hopefully we can get together soon and try to come up with a plan to make all of these ideas a reality.

DLBanner1.jpg

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • 1683 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

Clammy, are two people using your account? O.o Or are you changing your ways on trashtalk? Especially those PMs wow lol Angry stuff

Personally I find /region pvp at times too weaksauce lol

Well, there's a difference between banter and trashtalk. Public chat is for banter, trashtalk is for PM's. It's no surprise by now that I clash with a lot of people, but I've always tried to keep trashtalk to PM's but this isn't the place to be discussing this topic.

oum60z.png

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • 3728 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

And Calais makes a good point...yes, everyone has their rivals, people whose personalities just clash and they get along like cats and dogs. There is nothing wrong with that. But yes, we can be more respectful. I am guilty of it, many of us are....and since I started this thread, I have to be one of the people to raise their hand and indict myself. I have to do this better, since it is my desire to promote more and better PvP. Less Q_Q, more pewpew....So..I resolve to get out of region and do my fighting in TC, TW, OP and FH. Someone said I don't always say "gf" at the end of matches....I will do my best to do so from here on out. Regardless of who wins, you should here a "gf" from me...and if I don't, feel free to call me on it. And when the fighting is done for the day, I will send a message in region thanking my opponents for the fights and wishing them the best in the future. It is time we act more respectful towards each other. I can't ask anyone to do something that I myself DON'T do. Gapetta, May, Noir, Reaps and Clammy, thanks for all the great comments and to everyone else who responded with their thoughts and ideas about how to make PvP more active and enjoyable. Hopefully we can get together soon and try to come up with a plan to make all of these ideas a reality.

If you were to do teams I'd say best of 3s reason being is so it's a bit more than feeling like they are playing musical chairs. Dunno that's just my thought, because a good team is primarily how well you know your team at the end of the day so although this is neat it can only go so far.

And tbh if anyone is complaining about region bs they are just looking for something to complain about. Region BS is bs as in it has no real meanings, it's the e-peen measuring, the banter area etc. If people want to air their dirty laundry well that's their decision and their clans essentially but at the end of the day shouldn't affect too much cept their own personal drama which would of happened anyways.

As for gf...pfft this is a nonsensical habit that is a borrowed sign of respect that is usually used in a mocking manner or not used consistently. As far as I'm concerned it should be for when good fights actually happen. If people are irked about this they have put too much personal meaning into it.

As for myself I have no issue talking civilly with people I don't like here as long as that's how the conversation is and it isn't a rage convo or wtv. As for the other stuff if anything I see it as overly exagerated.

Heretic
Nysak

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7747 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

As for gf...pfft this is a nonsensical habit that is a borrowed sign of respect that is usually used in a mocking manner or not used consistently. As far as I'm concerned it should be for when good fights actually happen. If people are irked about this they have put too much personal meaning into it.

As for myself I have no issue talking civilly with people I don't like here as long as that's how the conversation is and it isn't a rage convo or wtv. As for the other stuff if anything I see it as overly exagerated.

This, every single time.

If someone did well, I let them know via PM unless it was indeed a good fight.

Posted Image

flyzardia

flyzardia

Conscript

• Members
  • 371 posts
  • Joined 11-November 11

As for gf...pfft this is a nonsensical habit that is a borrowed sign of respect that is usually used in a mocking manner or not used consistently.

The inconsistent 'gf' comments often reminds me of a teenage girl constantly blabbing the words 'I love u.' Sometimes they're passionately diluted words and sometimes they're sarcastic remarks for lack of better words. Either way it's never as good as a big old smooch at the end of the day and always leaves the other person wondering what was lost in translation.

A good fight is a good fight. It need not even be said most times since it is a mutual understanding that both parties were challenged throughout and by the end had a fun time. :)
Condemned leader: Flyzardi, Fivriaka, Cabuka, Flyzilla, Not Flyzardi

We die today brothers and sisters, we die crawling from a hundred snares with jet hammers in our necks and and ice shards in our guts. But our war cries will echo through the wasteland! Chota!

Eloi Bane

Eloi Bane

Grunt

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 29-February 12
I really hope something like this can happen.

As for teams, who cares? It isn't supposed to be a major battle, but a community event. The teams can change- after every battle even. One sided for a while? Fine- learning what to do in those situations would be great for me! Then break it up for a while, mentor v pupil in 1 on 1s to really pass on some specific tips. Then in for a big random brawl all v all- whatever - it is for helping and encouraging noobs like me and for bringing a bit of community to the PvP community!

GF? Well, given the multiple cultures it can be difficult to know what to say after a clash. I suspect the UK guys in particular feel obliged to say some sort of "Thanks" but that another culture might feel any comment unless highly warranted to be superfluous or even sarcasm. Difficult.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7747 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

GF? Well, given the multiple cultures it can be difficult to know what to say after a clash. I suspect the UK guys in particular feel obliged to say some sort of "Thanks" but that another culture might feel any comment unless highly warranted to be superfluous or even sarcasm. Difficult.

Well to be fair "good fight", at least just saying it after any given match/fight loses it's meaning. I'll stick to PMs, let alone will even ask to make sure if they will continue to have the same numbers or if we have to trim/add players.

I think it's "nice" enough that I refuse to jump someone unless it was recently after being jumped by said group. Even then, I am the first to apologize for any "zerging" (I quote this because zerging in FE can even be 1-2 people sometimes...) done by a team I'm in or even DC's on their side. :P

Posted Image

Loleatta

Loleatta

Grunt

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 28-March 13
I think it's really too late to do something to improve quality of FE PvP. I haven't seen new pistoleer in a long time. Everyone using 2h melee or shotguns with this damn cheating crosshair and pushing 3 buttons. As for good fights - last i had, i think, when we fought against Public Enemy/Dismay. I'm pretty done with FE, and only thing i'm happy about that i had good fights and i'm quitting being in Shadow Dancers clan (shout out to Alisha Kim) with a soul and honor of Crouching Tiger (shout out to my battle brothers) :)

Edited by Loleatta, 01 February 2014 - 07:13 AM.

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13
Return shout, Lole! It was an honor and pleasure being in CT with you, however brief. Thank you for training me and believing. I hope I get to beast with you when Repop comes out!

DLBanner1.jpg

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7747 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

I think it's really too late to do something to improve quality of FE PvP. I haven't seen new pistoleer in a long time. Everyone using 2h melee or shotguns with this damn cheating crosshair and pushing 3 buttons. As for good fights - last i had, i think, when we fought against Public Enemy/Dismay. I'm pretty done with FE, and only thing i'm happy about that i had good fights and i'm quitting being in Shadow Dancers clan (shout out to Alisha Kim) with a soul and honor of Crouching Tiger (shout out to my battle brothers) :)

But...but... grump said the current system was good and fun :(

Posted Image

Loleatta

Loleatta

Grunt

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 28-March 13

But...but... grump said the current system was good and fun :(

Posted Image

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7747 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37882442.jpg

Pretty much, then try to make a suggestion and it's a "witch hunt".

What you peeps playing now anyways?

Posted Image

Loleatta

Loleatta

Grunt

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 28-March 13

Pretty much, then try to make a suggestion and it's a "witch hunt".

What you peeps playing now anyways?

I tried Rift with CT, but this top lvl pvp gear grinding and tab target system...meh :) Currently i'm waiting for Wildstar open beta, to give it a look, but for now i'll focus more on my work to make more money to be able to move out from Russia and maybe finally will start taking lessons how to pilot small planes, which i always wanted :)

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7747 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

I tried Rift with CT, but this top lvl pvp gear grinding and tab target system...meh :) Currently i'm waiting for Wildstar open beta, to give it a look, but for now i'll focus more on my work to make more money to be able to move out from Russia and maybe finally will start taking lessons how to pilot small planes, which i always wanted :)

Cool stuff, Nysek does not like the idea of flying... but still awesome.

I'm waiting on Repopulation while helping players still in FE and logging in if there's a fight. (If I get a PM... at this point I'll log in just to even the numbers out. Makes things interesting :o)

Posted Image

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13
I'm taking a serious look at RaiderZ right now. If it's any good, I may stay there a while. If not, then I guess it's back to WoW to make my sisters happy. All of this has to be squeezed in between work and school, so my weekday gaming is gonna be brief to non-existant.

DLBanner1.jpg

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • 1683 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

It's almost as if FE is now a zombie apocalypse and pistoleers are survivors and infected are melee/shotgunners. Glad you survived the zombie apocalypse and made it out alive :Ha Ha Ha:

oum60z.png

Loleatta

Loleatta

Grunt

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 28-March 13

It's almost as if FE is now a zombie apocalypse and pistoleers are survivors and infected are melee/shotgunners. Glad you survived the zombie apocalypse and made it out alive :Ha Ha Ha:

Lol, i wouldn't find the better words :) I've learned for a something like year how to be a good pistoleer, but it makes no sense now as far as everyone running in easy mode. I really love FE and it's like addiction to me, but with current combat system it's just looking like arcade tad target MMO to me :(

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • 3728 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

I'm the gibbled special zombie...GIVE ME BACK MY HELMET.

@Loleatta

Yeah wildstar looks interesting so waiting to see how that turns out and atm waiting for repop/eso to into longer testing to see how they really are because both of them look like they could be really good.

Heretic
Nysak

Loleatta

Loleatta

Grunt

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 28-March 13

Yeah wildstar looks interesting so waiting to see how that turns out and atm waiting for repop/eso to into longer testing to see how they really are because both of them look like they could be really good.

Yeah, i think i have this 3 games in my upcoming list to check out too.

Kishoot

Kishoot

Conscript

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

Thanks devs and community...

T'as beau envoyer tes "mayday mayday" t'es mal barré.

Gapetta

Gapetta

Conscript

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11
Now you all get it! Took you a while...

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12

on the ESO comment i am really looking forward to that "Party Server" kinda deal.. where you are on a server that can host all your friends aswell as random people instead of the HUGE MASSIVE server (that would prob be used for PvP/events) so their is not 500 people standing at the beginning mission giver lol.

Edited by Chrispy Cream, 06 February 2014 - 10:26 PM.

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • 3728 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

on the ESO comment i am really looking forward to that "Party Server" kinda deal.. where you are on a server that can host all your friends aswell as random people instead of the HUGE MASSIVE server (that would prob be used for PvP/events) so their is not 500 people standing at the beginning mission giver lol.

Hmm I've never been bothered by the people at the launch of a game...if you are somewhat intelligent you can usually complete your stuff and move on to less packed areas in a short time. And meh all depends how that goes...there are about a dozen different variations on splitting pop up on 1 server.

Edited by AgentNoir, 07 February 2014 - 05:02 AM.

Heretic
Nysak

Spoleto

Spoleto

Novice

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 24-February 12
I still check FE forums every couple of weeks out of habit hoping for some miracle because pre-gore ultra populated FTC fights ( just before + after steam release ) was some of the best fun I have ever had in a mmo, I just wish I had started playing even earlier because many vets have told me how the combat system was much better a year or two before that..

I really hope the repopulation can come close pvp wise but with the whole rpg control mode ( tab target ) usable in pvp alongside free aim makes me very worried.

Alvaro Early

Alvaro Early

Respected

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12

I still check FE forums every couple of weeks out of habit hoping for some miracle because pre-gore ultra populated FTC fights ( just before + after steam release ) was some of the best fun I have ever had in a mmo, I just wish I had started playing even earlier because many vets have told me how the combat system was much better a year or two before that..

I really hope the repopulation can come close pvp wise but with the whole rpg control mode ( tab target ) usable in pvp alongside free aim makes me very worried.

I think there will be similiar system like in star trek online - there is rpg tab target mode (wich guarantee hit) and shooter free aim mode (wich cause more damage). Dodging and taking cover is key to survive ground fights.

Posted Image

Zerero

Zerero

Grunt

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 11-September 12
I'm still keeping a close eye on Repop. Played in three or so ESO beta weekends and thought it was decent but I'm meh about blowing the cash on it.
Butch Traveler (lvl 55 Tech) Boneever (lvl 55 Vista) Chief Cuckoo (lvl 55 Traveler)
Rowdy Ronny (lvl 55 Enforcer) Chrispy Cream (lvl 55 Chota) some red alert (lvl 55 Lightbearer)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users