Snubnose

Turf Wars!

for a long time, APB players wanted to have turf wars. iirc, RTW talked about turf war and that they wanted to bring it to APB... obviously that didn't happen.

here's an old concept of RTW turf war-ish idea ("open world gang areas"):
SzHvGvX.jpg

the pic above isn't exactly turf wars, I'm aware of that... it's a bit different.. but I'd love to see something similar to planetside 2 (obviously in a smaller scale since PS2 maps are huge and APB's are not)

latest?cb=20140721144817

there are capture areas (bases) all around the map, that need to be unlocked through multiple different tasks (like destroying shield generators or stuff like that to get into the actual base and capture).
(any PS2 player, feel free to elaborate on this topic, I only played it for a few hours)

APB could really use a bigger map or upgrade to the old maps for something like this, but LO already mentioned "a new map" in a blogpost, as quoted here: "A new map and/or a new mode. We have plenty of these systems that were already in the works, and some that were nearly finished."
so turf wars is something that could happen at some point in the future...

feel free to post ideas to expand upon this whole turfwars kind of gamemode!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

latest?cb=20140721144817

there are capture areas (bases) all around the map, that need to be unlocked through multiple different tasks (like destroying shield generators or stuff like that to get into the actual base and capture).
(any PS2 player, feel free to elaborate on this topic, I only played it for a few hours)

APB could really use a bigger map or upgrade to the old maps for something like this, but LO already mentioned "a new map" in a blogpost, as quoted here: "A new map and/or a new mode. We have plenty of these systems that were already in the works, and some that were nearly finished."
so turf wars is something that could happen at some point in the future...

So your issue with this is that APB runs a weird open world PVP combat system, compared to PlanetSide's where it's just open world PVP and you aren't restricted by who you're against.

APB first off is a much smaller map, and some redesigning of them would be lovely, fixing broken spots, and even possibly making it bigger. Which I think we already both agree on, however we'd need to look at how the "turf wars" would work, since APB doesn't run in constant PVP you'd have to "flag up" for turf wars or something, which would then essentially make it open PVP against anyone else in turf wars, your issue with this though is it takes these players away from the match making pool since their doing something else (Same issue if you make it a different district entirely).

I don't have any idea how you'd make it work for APB, and personally don't think it would work simply because of how APB is set up. Though I would love to see some form of territory control system. 
(Maybe completing missions gives points to your clan which increases influence/territory in the district?)

1 minute ago, Asparii said:
So your issue with this is that APB runs a weird open world PVP combat system, compared to PlanetSide's where it's just open world PVP and you aren't restricted by who you're against.

APB first off is a much smaller map, and some redesigning of them would be lovely, fixing broken spots, and even possibly making it bigger. Which I think we already both agree on, however we'd need to look at how the "turf wars" would work, since APB doesn't run in constant PVP you'd have to "flag up" for turf wars or something, which would then essentially make it open PVP against anyone else in turf wars, your issue with this though is it takes these players away from the match making pool since their doing something else (Same issue if you make it a different district entirely).

I don't have any idea how you'd make it work for APB, and personally don't think it would work simply because of how APB is set up. Though I would love to see some form of territory control system. 
(Maybe completing missions gives points to your clan which increases influence/territory in the district?)
I thought of it as it's own game mode, just like chaos district back then but with more objective based "open roaming"... I loved the feeling of chaos district since it's "pick a fight" kinda style... if you don't enjoy a certain area anymore, just go somewhere else and cause havok!

On 8/11/2018 at 11:50 PM, Snubnose said:

APB could really use a bigger map or upgrade to the old maps for something like this

id like to see more interiors rather than just making the maps themselves larger around the edges

turf control would work pretty well just by using the existing mechanics imo, factions have to do some sort of combination of graffiti/graffiti coverup, hacking, and raiding/arson to gain control of an area

i guess the 'blocks' we already have could be the set areas, although theyre not exactly evenly shaped or spaced

this has been suggested in the mega thread, but i say the spray points work as good area capture locations.

This is a real nice idea. You think that something like this could have gone into the open conflict districts at some point? I mean it could be as simple as a capture point system using the king of the hill style markers we already have. Just seems like something that should have been in from the get go. 😕

It's a shame it never made it. That top screenshot looks like it would be fun if ever implemented like that, even if it was its own game mode on
separate districts.