please Little Orbit, @MattScott 
you have lifted the 120 FPS limit to 145FPS for all who have a monitor for it.
Now i have a lot of FPS problems because my PC always tries to reach the 145 FPS.
I would like to play again with my "constant" 120 fps. this is not possible anymore even if you set your screen to 120 hz it still stays at 145 FPS in the game.
It would be really great if they could change that.

if you set screen to 100hz earlier you had a limit of 100 FPS if you set it to 120hz, you had a limit of 120FPS, now you cant change it.

a few weeks ago I overclocked my cpu so that I have "constant" 120 fps.... and now i have big FPS problems, because i can not reach the 145. it drops from 120 to 133 145 back to 110, That feels really shitty

tnpgd3la.jpguk4xvo5o.jpg    
Edited by TackoGirl
  • Thanks 1

Did you try forcing Vsync in your graphics driver control panel?

but but i was told that 120+ is waaaay better
was that a lie

on a side note, your card might be going bad if its giving you isseus at higher fps levels , i would start looking / saving for a new / same card to replace it
(i still only get 90fps anyway tho, i dont have a monitor that can handle 120+ yet)

Edited by ShaiShai
added ontopic text

They should add a FPS Limit option similar to Fortnite's where you can choose your desired limit. Not sure if this is possible with APB's current engine, but it would be nice if you could set it past your monitors refresh rate like Fortnite and other games.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nite said:

Did you try forcing Vsync in your graphics driver control panel?

yea i try it and it works, but that is terrible, the fps is completely out of control the fps is no longer constant with this settings....  Vsync is the bigest shit in the world :'D

8 minutes ago, ShaiShai said:

but but i was told that 120+ is waaaay better
was that a lie
(i still only get 90fps anyway tho, i dont have a monitor that can handle 120+ yet)

this is definitely not a lie. I think it would feel great to play at 145fps but the computer has to do that as well. and my Pc is not "good" enough. Edited by TackoGirl

1 minute ago, TackoGirl said:

the fps is completely out of control the fps is no longer constant with this settings....

If by this you mean the FPS jumps down from 120 to 60 or 30 at times, then:

If you have an Nvidia GPU, there should be an option for "Adaptive Sync", use that instead. Should no longer get wild swings down to 60 or 30 when you miss the 120 mark. For AMD, try using "Enhanced Sync" and/or "Fast Sync" alongside a FRTC of 120hz. See if that helps.

I recall seeing an option in APBEngine.ini in APB Reloaded\APBGame\Config to change how the game handles the smooth frame rate option. You could probably use this to cap it at 120.

As with any ini tweaking though, make sure to launch the game from the program directly instead of the launcher.

Edited by Leefekyn
I'm wrong, and dumb.

8 minutes ago, Nite said:
If by this you mean the FPS jumps down from 120 to 60 or 30 at times, then:

If you have an Nvidia GPU, there should be an option for "Adaptive Sync", use that instead. Should no longer get wild swings down to 60 or 30 when you miss the 120 mark. For AMD, try using "Enhanced Sync" and/or "Fast Sync" alongside a FRTC of 120hz. See if that helps.
I appreciate your help, but it's not about the fps problems it's about I want to set the FPS limit back to 120FPS. i have no Fps probs. only with the 145 limit because my PC try to get 145 but he cant.
I also do not understand why I now have to change all my settings just because Little Orbit has set that you can not change it. 3 days ago everything was still great.
and i dont have the settings "Adaptive Sync" i can put it "ON", "OFF" or "FAST" and nothing is working. 
However thank you for your help

8 minutes ago, Leefekyn said:

I believe you can edit APBEngine.ini in APB Reloaded\APBGame\Config to change how the game handles the smooth frame rate option. You could probably use this to cap it at 120.

in the folder APBGame are so many files I do not know which of the config is because I do not find the name Config, I do not want to change everything and then maybe i get banned because I've changed something. 

Just now, TackoGirl said:

in the folder APBGame are so many files I do not know which of the config is because I do not find the name Config, I do not want to change everything and then maybe i get banned because I've changed something. 

Completely understand, I just tested it and I'm wrong anyway.

58 minutes ago, TackoGirl said:

Now i have a lot of FPS problems because my PC always tries to reach the 145 FPS.
I would like to play again with my "constant" 120 fps. this is not possible anymore even if you set your screen to 120 hz it still stays at 145 FPS in the game.

if you set screen to 100hz earlier you had a limit of 100 FPS if you set it to 120hz, you had a limit of 120FPS, now you cant change it.

a few weeks ago I overclocked my cpu so that I have "constant" 120 fps.... and now i have big FPS problems, because i can not reach the 145. it drops from 120 to 133 145 back to 110, That feels really shitty

tnpgd3la.jpguk4xvo5o.jpg    

Download MSI Afterburner, then RTSS Rivatuner Static Server, with the last program u can set your desired fps limit i use it always, my gpu was overheating bad because it was rendering more than my 60 fps in many games 😕

1 hour ago, TackoGirl said:

tnpgd3la.jpguk4xvo5o.jpg    
you need to make your own FPS limit in the control panel.

1 minute ago, Seedy said:
I already did that

3 minutes ago, Seedy said:
I already did that
tbh i havent checked what my FPS limit is since the patch. I have my control panel set to 144 or what ever it is. Didnt notice any diffrence.

You are welcome to post images with your settings, how you could keep your 120fps

honestly my game runs superfine with 145fps .-.

2 hours ago, TackoGirl said:

You are welcome to post images with your settings, how you could keep your 120fps

fwq3qWO.png Edited by CookiePuss

3 minutes ago, Keshi said:

honestly my game runs superfine with 145fps .-.

Tell me your pc datas, i can't believe it. :,D
I still want my 120 fps back... this has worked for me fine.

Tell me your pc datas, i can't believe it. :,D
I still want my 120 fps back... this has worked for me fine.
Im sorry, are you saying your PC can longer reach 120fps when before it could?

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Im sorry, are you saying your PC can longer reach 120fps when before it could?
my Pc work with 145 fps on empty servers yes. But not constant as before.
And i cant change the FPS limit to 120 back. I change all settings on my pc to 120 hz but if i open ingame /fps then it stands there 145 FPS and my pc try on full servers to reach the 145 but this makes so much drops.
and with my old 120 fps limit with /fps it works great...no fps drops.

1 minute ago, TackoGirl said:
my Pc work with 145 fps on empty servers yes. But not constant as before.
And i cant change the FPS limit to 120 back. I change all settings on my pc to 120 hz but if i open ingame /fps then it stands there 145 FPS and my pc try on full servers to reach the 145 but this makes so much drops.
and with my old 120 fps limit with /fps it works great...no fps drops.
Well that program I linked will allow you to set the fps cap to whatever you like... 120fps or otherwise.
I hope that helps.