Seedy

Dethreating like crazy in EU today.. FIn 4

Just been playing with a clan in Financial 4. I have now left them.. They were deliberately dethreating and talking about it in our group chat. What has APB come to? Im trying to get my rank up! Constantly! I get put in games with these dudes and they dont play. So I get right in there and get shot up to fuck! Then its back to bronze for me!

Guy said to me hes not coming to play because I am dethreating! I was like ftw dude. He said you cant be 219 and bronze! I was like maybe I would get up in rank if people like you came and played the actual match instead of sitting back waiting for the guaranteed win.

Threat segregated districts in a total joke. It need to be removed right now. All they have to do is turn off the labels next tot he district selection and its sorted. Golds complain they cant get a game in gold. If there were no threat related districts people woudnt dethreat and things would automatically even out.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Seedy said:

Just been playing with a clan in Financial 4. I have now left them.. They were deliberately dethreating and talking about it in our group chat. What has APB come to?

You can always spend your time taking video, then editing and uploading it to youtube, and then sending the link to support in the hopes that anything will be done.
Or you can try your luck with  TGM / GM if you can find one who isnt just sitting in social soaking up all the attention their title gets them.

Or you can do what I do and just spam /cointoss and move on... its the fastest solution.

we have to see this from both sides, veteran and new players. also, there's just so many factors that interwine with each other that you'd need one of those crime/drama billboard where they have the strings going from picture to picture.

if you turn off the threat restrictions, veteran players will go to whatever is most populated. a veteran group that will join an instance for a certain session will most certainly cause the population to drop. 

if you're a new/casual player, how many times are you willing to face a group that has several years of experience that seems unbeatable? how discouraging would it be if they switched to LTL weapons because they know that you're new? doesn't help them that the tutorial does seem a bit lacking. it's basically just an in-game wiki. a more interactive tutorial would be necessary to help engage and allow a better understanding of the game and it's mechanics. perhaps something similar to how some games make you go through a "training level", where you practice your movement, crouch under and through some random fallen rubble, and shoot target dummies.

but what are veteran players suppose to do? they've stayed loyal to the game, and all they want is to enjoy the game. unfortunately with the PvP aspect, that means one side always has to lose, its inevitable. of course it depends on the person as some might be more keen to help newer players, but i would say that a good majority of vets simply just want to enjoy the game. as cruel as it might sound, it's not their responsibility.

but if you want to make a change and you do believe in this game, you can look at it this way.
if you take the time to help a new player, you're essentially making an investment in this game. you're helping a new player (a customer to LO) potentially stay longer, who might make some ARMAS purchases. but if you dethreat, refuse to help new players, utilize cheats, harass, etc...you basically contribute to the potential downfall of APB.

depends on what sort of community we really want to be, ya know?

Edited by Aeronaut

We need a larger gap between silver and gold...I, for example, win most, if not all the matches I have in bronze, but I get stomped on in Gold

What am I supposed to do ? I've been gold for like 2 weeks now, so I got used to having 10 matches in a row lost

8 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

we have to see this from both sides, veteran and new players. also, there's just so many factors that interwine with each other that you'd need one of those crime/drama billboard where they have the strings going from picture to picture.

if you turn off the threat restrictions, veteran players will go to whatever is most populated. a veteran group that will join an instance for a certain session will most certainly cause the population to drop. 

if you're a new/casual player, how many times are you willing to face a group that has several years of experience that seems unbeatable? how discouraging would it be if they switched to LTL weapons because they know that you're new? doesn't help them that the tutorial does seem a bit lacking. it's basically just an in-game wiki. a more interactive tutorial would be necessary to help engage and allow a better understanding of the game and it's mechanics. perhaps something similar to how some games make you go through a "training level", where you practice your movement, crouch under and through some random fallen rubble, and shoot target dummies.

but what are veteran players suppose to do? they've stayed loyal to the game, and all they want is to enjoy the game. unfortunately with the PvP aspect, that means one side always has to lose, its inevitable. of course it depends on the person as some might be more keen to help newer players, but i would say that a good majority of vets simply just want to enjoy the game. as cruel as it might sound, it's not their responsibility.

but if you want to make a change and you do believe in this game, you can look at it this way.
if you take the time to help a new player, you're essentially making an investment in this game. you're helping a new player (a customer to LO) potentially stay longer, who might make some ARMAS purchases. but if you dethreat, refuse to help new players, utilize cheats, harass, etc...you basically contribute to the potential downfall of APB.

depends on what sort of community we really want to be, ya know?

I would be more than happy to help new players. I am looking for regular people to play with at the weekends. When a round ends I pretty much always press invite to group. It never fuckin works! Either that or no one wants to join a group ?

3 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

We need a larger gap between silver and gold...I, for example, win most, if not all the matches I have in bronze, but I get stomped on in Gold

What am I supposed to do ? I've been gold for like 2 weeks now, so I got used to having 10 matches in a row lost

ill put you through my training program. do you accept the terms and conditions?

4 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

would just mean that the fucktard golds who are dethreating would put in more effort in to the dethreating they are doing until yet again they are bronze..

Just now, Seedy said:
11 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

[me type stuff]

I would be more than happy to help new players. I am looking for regular people to play with at the weekends. When a round ends I pretty much always press invite to group. It never fuckin works! Either that or no one wants to join a group ?
so do you just press 'invite to group' or do you try to make small talk before you invite? you'll have a higher chance of an accepted invitation if people think you're good, funny, or friendly. if you just send an invite without saying a word, you'll have less of a chance.

2 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:
6 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

ill put you through my training program. do you accept the terms and conditions?
If training means more Medusa spam, then yes
2 minutes ago, Seedy said:
7 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

would just mean that the fucktard golds who are dethreating would put in more effort in to the dethreating they are doing until yet again they are bronze..
Anything that slows down the process seems fair, note that I said I have been gold for 2 weeks, not that I wanted to be gold 😉 

that happen all because of the new shitty weapons changes 🙂 many weapons that were stupid before are cool now, And all the weapons that were already good anyway are even better.

1 hour ago, Seedy said:

Threat segregated districts in a total joke. It need to be removed right now. All they have to do is turn off the labels next tot he district selection and its sorted. Golds complain they cant get a game in gold. If there were no threat related districts people woudnt dethreat and things would automatically even out.

or revert threat changes from years ago and make silvers...silver.

Meh matchmaking is fine stop cryn.They have to make trade,friend system and all kind of other important things before dat

Maybe if they fixed how the threat system works, dethreating wouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, INSECURITY said:

sorry :C

it was your buddy who was dethreating. Thats why I have left your clan and the group at the time. Was hoping for better as well. I was also in a few games afterwards where people were doing the same ole shit.

6 hours ago, Glubbable said:

Maybe if they fixed how the threat system works, dethreating wouldn't be an issue.

It's an issues in every single multiplayer and it's always going to be, especially the ones that have a small population of mostly veterans

12 hours ago, Seedy said:

Guy said to me hes not coming to play because I am dethreating! I was like ftw dude. He said you cant be 219 and bronze! I was like maybe I would get up in rank if people like you came and played the actual match instead of sitting back waiting for the guaranteed win.

Ok lemme tell u this. I was a dethreater myself. I dont have a pc which is quite good. Its a pc from the 2008's. My closest server is han and cuz of low pop, i moved to eu years back.

I started out in silver dist and i was bashed by em silver dist players. I would go 2-10 or worse. I moved to bronze, it was far diff there. Either you are a silver in bronze dist or u're a beginner. There is no intermediate threat in here.

Why i'm saying this. There was a crim clan which went by the name Kill2beus PT. Not a well known clan among the community. There were 4 players (leader, his brother and two frnds) who mostly played together. You either lose the match or tie it. Thats how it goes. It was called the hacker clan in bronze dist. The thing is..you could take down if they arent together as a team. I learnt that teamspeak made it possible. I was in good terms with the team leader and he invited me to his channel. But i could jus speak english and they were portugese. So i had to decline. For a fair amount of years i had quit playing on action dists and been hanging around FC's where noone has the time to rage on u or force u to do an objective 😄

I use the mic if any of my english speaking frnds are around. I could see the diff in the gameplay itself. So i suggest you to find a chill dude whos of ur skill level and can play as a group. Also dont worry about those who say git gud, silver scrub etc. 

Always remember, there is no one in the world that can be a better you than you.

5 hours ago, Lato said:
12 hours ago, Glubbable said:

It's an issues in every single multiplayer and it's always going to be, especially the ones that have a small population of mostly veterans
Other games, at the least have multiple factors that determin how much your matchmaking rating increases or decreases by. In APB it's litterally based on mission score and if you scored higher than half of the players in the mission. No factors being considered like, did this person just stomp the opposite team etc.

> like crazy
> same dudes
Probably like 2-3 times and you got tilted, then came to the forums to vent like usual.

15 hours ago, Seedy said:

I can understand that guy accusing you of deathreating. I too would expect rank 219 player to know that OCA-EW should not be fired in marksman mode.

2 hours ago, holyTyu said:
18 hours ago, Seedy said:

I can understand that guy accusing you of deathreating. I too would expect rank 219 player to know that OCA-EW should not be fired in marksman mode.
Rank means nothing. You can be as stupid as someone can be and still get to rank 255 and learn nothing during that time.
However I don't think he's stupid. He even has his own  game(or I'm wrong...think he shamelessly plugged it once). So I'm confident that if  he's able to pull that off, he's smart enough to know how to use oca.
What I'm saying is that he's a troll.

I don't dethreat - I make a new account every 20 minutes

we need the old idea implemented about district crossign MM, sure won't stop dethreathing but will make no one ale to hide in bronze, they killa  few bbronzes go up to silver and need to face silvers again. That will finally make the effort of dethreating way to big to be worth it.

4 hours ago, Sayori said:
Rank means nothing. You can be as stupid as someone can be and still get to rank 255 and learn nothing during that time.
However I don't think he's stupid. He even has his own  game(or I'm wrong...think he shamelessly plugged it once). So I'm confident that if  he's able to pull that off, he's smart enough to know how to use oca.
What I'm saying is that he's a troll.
if you had spent almost 4 years building a game wouldn't you shamelessly plug it ? 🙂