Sign in to follow this  
Tigrix

12 missions, nothing but shotguns Zz -.-

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Im pretty sure the people who fix the servers and work on the update would never have anything to do with policing dethreaters,
Thats what we have GMs and support staff for.
Well that i know i that, i was just stating de-threatening is just one thing that needs to be handled in time, but id rather see server fixes and an engine upgrade before that. Most of everything else at the moment is fine at least to me. 

1 hour ago, B0N3EZ said:
1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:
Im pretty sure the people who fix the servers and work on the update would never have anything to do with policing dethreaters,
Thats what we have GMs and support staff for.
Well that i know i that, i was just stating de-threatening is just one thing that needs to be handled in time, but id rather see server fixes and an engine upgrade before that. Most of everything else at the moment is fine at least to me. 
Still not understanding why they cant do both.

I do tend to agree that shotguns are overly strong now, maybe the initial damage (thus the first pellets that hit) should be reduced to like say 60% (distributing the remaining 40% on the following pellets) instead of 80% (was it?). That way stuff should snap back in place.

On 8/11/2018 at 4:04 PM, GhosT said:

Right? So many new toys to play with, yet everyone sticks to the most overpowered weapons. Where's the fun in that?

funny.. new guns enter the meta and are on par with the ntec and all of a sudden it's an issue, yet every mission before has an ntec or hvr.

guns becoming meta or balanced with what's meta doesnt make them broken.. it makes them fixed
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 4:04 PM, GhosT said:

Right? So many new toys to play with, yet everyone sticks to the most overpowered weapons. Where's the fun in that?

most people didn't buy the underpowered worthless guns of APB, give it a few months, maybe some will
9 minutes ago, Unclean said:
funny.. new guns enter the meta and are on par with the ntec and all of a sudden it's an issue, yet every mission before has an ntec or hvr.

guns becoming meta or balanced with what's meta doesnt make them broken.. it makes them fixed
ikr NTEC HVR ONLY SO BALANCED so wheres shotguns and every other weapon? Oh they aren't good enough, i forgot.

7 hours ago, Unclean said:

balance wise every gun is broken that creates an exclusive meta for it's niche. The change made people use shotguns in cqc now instead oca/PMGSo all they did is breaking the old CQC meta for a new one. but thats not a fix from the point of balance.

On 8/11/2018 at 10:02 PM, Keshi said:

wrong game

not anymore :^)

1 minute ago, LilyV3 said:

balance wise every gun is broken that creates an exclusive meta for it's niche. The change made people use shotguns in cqc now instead oca/PMGSo all they did is breaking the old CQC meta for a new one. but thats not a fix from the point of balance.
But it's a step in the right direction. It's a slow process... seems like instead of going from class to class, they are trying to go by what's used least and finding ways for those weapons to be more relevant, which has worked very well in other games. Like you said, shotguns seem so strong because they are a distance niche weapon.. the same way a sniper or obeys would seem op if you're both in the open with some distance between you

1 minute ago, Unclean said:
6 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

But it's a step in the right direction. It's a slow process... seems like instead of going from class to class, they are trying to go by what's used least and finding ways for those weapons to be more relevant, which has worked very well in other games. Like you said, shotguns seem so strong because they are a distance niche weapon.. the same way a sniper or obeys would seem op if you're both in the open with some distance between you

How si that a step into the right direction? you have made oen weaon relevant and other sirrelevant that is just an exchange and no step into any right direction of balance. A right step is if they now get used more while not killing the existence of another wepaon. And this seems to have not happened. The changs creating a binary meta are never good changes if there isn't another change coming to tone down the shotguns again so they reach a competetive level they now substituded completely.

3 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

How si that a step into the right direction? you have made oen weaon relevant and other sirrelevant that is just an exchange and no step into any right direction of balance. A right step is if they now get used more while not killing the existence of another wepaon. And this seems to have not happened. The changs creating a binary meta are never good changes if there isn't another change coming to tone down the shotguns again so they reach a competetive level they now substituded completely.
If you touch up a set of weapons the bring them up to a standard, you only leave non meta weapons behind. They made it very clear this is the first step of balancing weapons and will continue to bring the others up to that standard. Bringing shotguns up didn't kill the other meta weapons, it just left other irrelevant weapons irrelevant. 

On 8/13/2018 at 9:39 PM, CookiePuss said:
Still not understanding why they cant do both.

Understandable. My guess would be the way threat is setup up its a bit difficulty maybe? Even when segregation was set in place people were still able to de-threat as is. The only way i see a real fix to this issue would be to remove it in total but then you will still have a lingering factor to how will you match people based on skill itself. As for the servers well that is a whole level of a playing field. 

so someone said that "shotguns are now acting like they should've been"...
if that's so, then every other gun is not acting like they should be... am i missing something?
they said they increased the first pallet's damage but decreased the total damage of the Shotguns. well that would be helpful only in 1 case: only 1 player from the team uses shotguns. not all the players get shotguns...

3 hours ago, PersianCheetah said:

so someone said that "shotguns are now acting like they should've been"...
if that's so, then every other gun is not acting like they should be... am i missing something?
they said they increased the first pallet's damage but decreased the total damage of the Shotguns. well that would be helpful only in 1 case: only 1 player from the team uses shotguns. not all the players get shotguns...

Yeah few days ago I was just trolling on some alt, didn't even aim to kill and still 2 shotted most of the time while 90% of my crosshair was in the vacuum instead of being on the target lmao

Sign in to follow this