Sign in to follow this  
LUST

The Pink Gun Business Model

I'll make this an event thread if the big bosses actually approve.

I mentioned here that Pink Guns should be re-purposed beyond a "Valentine's Day" thing only to something a bit more charitable. I suggested Pink Gun profits go to fighting Breast Cancer and make them obtainable in February and October.

I'm expressing my full commitment to this idea and want to start it off with proof. If @Lixil can find out how many kills I have with my Pink Guns to this day, I'll donate a generous ratio ($1 per 1 Kill) to a legitimate charity of the community's choosing. As discussed in this thread: "I'm open to any researches or charities, thus why the community can decide. If anything, Extra Life and St. Jude are usually my go-to."
  • If that's not possible: I'm challenging Little Orbit to figure how to and start counting my kills in October...and I'll still do it.
  • If it is possible: I'll donate as soon as I get the number AND start counting in October as well - with hopes that the FAR gets a Pink variant, in honor.
  • As an added incentive:
    • All playtime I can commit to in October will be streamed - I'm scheduling as much time as I can already in advance
    • All Pink Gun kills will have a 1:1 Ratio - Which is why I want to add a FAR--my favorite, less want to switch
    • Any donations will be put toward the charity - As always.
    • If it goes well...pencil me in for February! - Always a special month... I love pink.

If they agree and I can get some support, then it is settled. You have my word.

Fight Cancer.
P2W = Pink-2-Win.
PU9tbdd.gif
Edited by LUST
Updated details on Charity-of-Choice
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3

I want a green gun.

Edit: And yes I agree, donations to cancer awareness stuff is good.

Edited by Puffdragon
  • Like 1

I will absolutely buy stuff from the Valentines/Breast Cancer awareness events if I can be ensured by @MattScott and the others that the majority of the profits made will go to awareness of breast cancer and other cancer-related charities. I've been meaning to pick the guns up, but I have all the more reason to do so if I know it's going to a good cause.

I don't know if it's true, but I only heard that Breast cancer is the easiest to get a treatment for, and the donations are oversaturated, so it's better to donate for other researches
Idk tho, still a good idea

1 minute ago, -Dan- said:

I don't know if it's true, but I only heard that Breast cancer is the easiest to get a treatment for, and the donations are oversaturated, so it's better to donate for other researches

If this is the case, it could fit for brain cancer too, because the brain also works with pink. I just support the idea of a charity backed event entirely.

7 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

6 minutes ago, Similarities said:
If this is the case, it could fit for brain cancer too, because the brain also works with pink. I just support the idea of a charity backed event entirely.
I'm open to any researches or charities, thus why the community can decide. If anything, Extra Life/St. Jude are usually my go-to. 🙂
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Uhm, sorry, but I'm missing a point here.

How does playing a free mmo helps with donating to a cause?

5 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Uhm, sorry, but I'm missing a point here.

How does playing a free mmo helps with donating to a cause?

every kill lust has had with a pink weapon (valentines day gun) is money lust will donate to charity. other side is, the pink weapons are armas exclusive and the request is to donate profits' of the weapons to charity.
either way, its an ask to donate to a charity based on things available in a free "mmo". lust plays, lust donates. or we buy, LO donates and still lust plays and donates.
rest of us can either jump on it and join the cause (by buying or feeding kills to lust lol) or ignore it all and just go about our merry way...

16 minutes ago, Captain Teemo said:
every kill lust has had with a pink weapon (valentines day gun) is money lust will donate to charity. other side is, the pink weapons are armas exclusive and the request is to donate profits' of the weapons to charity.
either way, its an ask to donate to a charity based on things available in a free "mmo". lust plays, lust donates. or we buy, LO donates and still lust plays and donates.
rest of us can either jump on it and join the cause (by buying or feeding kills to lust lol) or ignore it all and just go about our merry way...

Look, I could go and list why all of that sounds still rather pointless, since a donation should just be a donation and not a system to obtain cool items in a game. But as you said, I will just ignore it and go about my merry way.

Plus, I doubt LO is in the condition to make donations at the moment, considering they are the ones in need of a donation to avoid the game servers failing completely. Edited by Nessie

12 minutes ago, Nessie said:
Plus, I doubt LO is in the condition to make donations at the moment, considering they are the ones in need of a donation to avoid the game servers failing completely.

They're making money off of the Valentines day event guns by allowing people to obtain them out of that season, and donating a portion of the money to a charity of the community's choosing, they make money and they also donate to a charity to help raise awareness on breast (or other) cancer because that's what the month of October is about. That's the entire point of the event, make money, provide a fun event to the community, allow people to obtain the Valentines day guns outside of their respective event, all the while helping raise awareness for cancer. How is it pointless? It's not about being a "cool system to obtain weapons in-game", it's no different from going on ARMAS and buying them when it's in season, except a portion of it goes to charity.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Similarities said:
18 minutes ago, Nessie said:
Plus, I doubt LO is in the condition to make donations at the moment, considering they are the ones in need of a donation to avoid the game servers failing completely.

They're making money off of the Valentines day event guns by allowing people to obtain them out of that season, and donating a portion of the money to a charity of the community's choosing, they make money and they also donate to a charity to help raise awareness on breast (or other) cancer because that's what the month of October is about. That's the entire point of the event, make money, provide a fun event to the community, allow people to obtain the Valentines day guns outside of their respective event, all the while helping raise awareness for cancer. How is it pointless? It's not about being a "cool system to obtain weapons in-game", it's no different from going on ARMAS and buying them when it's in season, except a portion of it goes to charity.

Oh, hey, I have a better idea, why not selling also LTL weapons and sirens for crims on Armas? Or a special pass for enfs to ram raid shops! We could sell all of the stuff that isn't normally available outside its main purpose!

Get the point? 

4 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Oh, hey, I have a better idea, why not selling also LTL weapons and sirens for crims on Armas? Or a special pass for enfs to ram raid shops! We could sell all of the stuff that isn't normally available outside its main purpose!

Get the point? 
Comparing buying a gun on the ARMAS store to changing core game mechanics, when that's not at all alike??? It's more like when GamersFirst said "hey guys buy the LCR it's going away FOREVER and will NEVER EVER BE AVAILABLE EVER AGAIN so get it now!" and then they brought it back every sale, that's what it's closer to, and even then it's not comparable because the guns come around every season anyway, unlike the LCR which was meant to be gone FOR GOOD. Edited by Similarities

4 minutes ago, Similarities said:
Comparing buying a gun on the ARMAS store to changing core game mechanics, when that's not at all alike??? It's more like when GamersFirst said "hey guys buy the LCR it's going away FOREVER and will NEVER EVER BE AVAILABLE EVER AGAIN so get it now!" and then they brought it back every sale, that's what it's closer to, and even then it's not comparable because the guns come around every season anyway, unlike the LCR which was meant to be gone FOR GOOD.
No man, tiggs was a good person, why you gotta be like that.

Why only breast cancer? Every type of cancer is just as bad.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Pink is the official color of breast cancer and October is breast cancer awareness month, that's really why it works out, but yes, other cancers tend to be far worse than breast cancer. Edited by Similarities

Reminder that breast cancer is not as deadly as these charities make it out to be. Please look in to a lot of them as many of them take large profits from donations and some are not even charities but just 'awareness companies' that give none of it to research. In my opinion there are far better causes that need much more attention when compared to how much breast cancer receives (Not to shine bad light on the thought behind this thread though as I think it is a good one).

8 hours ago, Sayori said:

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Reminder that breast cancer is not as deadly as these charities make it out to be. Please look in to a lot of them as many of them take large profits from donations and some are not even charities but just 'awareness companies' that give none of it to research. In my opinion there are far better causes that need much more attention when compared to how much breast cancer receives (Not to shine bad light on the thought behind this thread though as I think it is a good one).

Agreed, which is why the post was updated to any charity of the community's choosing. My defaults are Extra-Life and St. Jude.

5 hours ago, Wooz said:

Who isn't aware of cancer lol

Obviously not the APB community, have you seen District Chat?! Kidding (we aren't so bad)...these are a pretty good articles regarding "raising awareness": tl;dr - Not everyone knows what's going on the the world until it affects them.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sayori said:

Easier to get attention for. To be frank it involves something sexual and is quite visual. It isn't one of the worst by a mile. What it is however, is a means of getting more attention for cancer research in general. I don't give a rats arse which one it is they "sell" people on. Long as it hopefully ends up helping people beat cancer. 

Although I don't deny for a minute that there are specific methods of treating breast cancer that do not apply to more dangerous types. That is a peculiar issue resulting from breast cancer getting the majority of the focus in media. However a lot of the research can be applied to other types of cancer. But that circles back to the very first thing I said; it's sometimes hard to get people to care about cancer. A lot of folks ignore it until it effects them in some personal way. Breast cancer however is able to invoke a response in people outside of that more readily. Letting a little bit more be done to fight other types that might otherwise not get anything extra.

based on what LO might commit to, might be wise to match their ratio? say they say 25% of the profit is donated, then 4kills =1 USD (0.25 per)

you are likely to rack up a lot of kills in the month of October. plus, if they tell you that you have 35.000 kills with a pink gun so far...just thinking, dont want to declare bankruptcy over apb!

Edited by Captain Teemo

11 hours ago, Wooz said:

Who isn't aware of cancer lol

A lot of the people that have it aren't aware of it until it's too late, believe it or not.

Why not prostate cancer?
Why everything always needs to revolve around women? I thought we have equality.

Sign in to follow this