Sign in to follow this  
Westford

Weapon presets with IR3 ... options ??

There are a number of weapons that have preset mods, and not interchangeable ..
Some of these preset weapons have the "changed" IR3 mod.

Question:

What options are available for those current owners that have weapons with the preset mod IR3 (and the included changes).

Example:
I currently have a Joker CR-5 PR2
The preset modes include Hunting Sight 3 and Improved Rifling 3

Since the changes to IR3, this weapon is no longer (in my opinion) no longer performing optimally.

What options are available to me.
These are preset modification to the weapon, so I cannot swap them out.

Does this fall under the category of;
re-learning a preset weapon, and redefine ones tactics

.... or will there be additional changes in the coming months, as weapon balance refinements are implemented..

As much as I appreciate feedback from my compadres, an official statement is most welcome.

Cheers, & Happy Shooting ...

2 minutes ago, Westford said:

I currently have a Joker CR-5 PR2

Dont give up on the gun.
The IR3 change has no effect on tap firing, and makes bursting up to 4 shots possible.
The IR3 change as makes the bloom more forgiving (no massive bloom after 3rd shot) since the bloom has more time to recover, so while you have a slower ttk you are more accurate full auto.
Ive played both the N-TEC 5 and N-TEC 7 extensively since the IR change, and Im getting more kills with them than ever, and I assure you I am an average player at best.

I know the IR change looks messed on paper, but at least for the Ntec and its remeshes and the ntec7 variant, its more of an upgrade than a downgrade.

Just get the feel for it, and I promise you wont regret it.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Dont give up on the gun.
The IR3 change has no effect on tap firing, and makes bursting up to 4 shots possible.

With this particular weapon and the current IR3. tap firing is no longer required ..

Press the trigger, and hold.
Yes, the fire rate is that slow ..

There is no Burst fire ....   
It is a slow & methodical ...   bam. bam , bam, bam .... (count , 1 Mississippi, 2  Mississippi......   etc)
(no trigger release required)
*sigh*

So, I may need to "re-learn" this weap, BUT....   changes could be imminent ,
and that is why I am asking O Sensei...

14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Dont give up on the gun.
The IR3 change as makes the bloom more forgiving (no massive bloom after 3rd shot) since the bloom has more time to recover, so while you have a slower ttk you are more accurate full auto.
Ive played both the N-TEC 5 and N-TEC 7 extensively since the IR change, and Im getting more kills with them than ever, and I assure you I am an average player at best.

I know the IR change looks messed on paper, but at least for the Ntec and its remeshes and the ntec7 variant, its more of an upgrade than a downgrade.

Just get the feel for it, and I promise you wont regret it.
i thought i was the only one feeling the upgrade but heh

Haven't seen any official response from LO concerning IR3 preset weapons yet.

If there has been a responce, can someone link it here in this thread.
That would be great, thanks.

Sign in to follow this