I Love Getting Killed from 20M with 2-3 Shots from a JG. Thank you Little Orbit.

22 hours ago, killerskull said:

I dunno if it was just me but my latency was terrible today. Baylon, 3 pm EST, NA East server. I was trying out the shotty but couldnt because of latency. I only played 2 missions and I remember just how scary quick the shotty kills. 

Don't quote me on this, but I believe it's mitigation.  Been like this through the weekend on Jericho (us east). Usually levels out throughout the week. 

9 hours ago, Similarities said:
It took literally 5 minutes to test this, what are you even on about? You could've tested this yourself before spreading misinfo.
You're using a CSG, I didn't specify what shotgun.
10 hours ago, Luminesca said:

You don't sound like your character.

That's because I'm typing.

9 hours ago, Similarities said:
It took literally 5 minutes to test this, what are you even on about? You could've tested this yourself before spreading misinfo.
3 shots at 20m, so what? An OCA can beat that ttk at that range lmao

On 8/11/2018 at 6:10 AM, Noob_Guardian said:
Is the CSG on par with the JG now? How dare they make the JG just as good as the CSG!

no, it actually feels better to use the jg now. :^)

i feel like csg was always supposed to be the slightly slower, slightly higher range one either way, previous stats/changes goofed things up though. Edited by neophobia

1 hour ago, ch4ncer said:
You're using a CSG, I didn't specify what shotgun. That's because I'm typing.

That is true, you did not specify the shotgun, but to say "shotguns" implies all of the shotguns, the Shredder and CSG can both 3 shot from ~15m, the JG cannot (maybe if you get insane RNG you can, but not regularly, I tested this earlier and was only getting 4 shots), the Strife is garbage so I'm not going to even care enough to test it. I can see both sides of the argument, some people think they're OP, others think they're fine. I personally am enjoying the meta change, it's nice to have things shaken up once in a while.

1 hour ago, Sneerz said:
3 shots at 20m, so what? An OCA can beat that ttk at that range lmao
Depends on a lot of factors, if you're just standing out in the open then yes the OCA will most likely win every time unless you get really bad RNG, but if you're playing the shotgun properly and corner popping then the OCA most likely won't even have time to hit the shotgun user before being 85, I never even stated my opinion on the changes, all I said was it's untrue that shotguns cannot 3 shot at 15m. Edited by Similarities
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Similarities said:

That is true, you did not specify the shotgun, but to say "shotguns" implies all of the shotguns, the Shredder and CSG can both 3 shot from ~15m, the JG cannot (maybe if you get insane RNG you can, but not regularly, I tested this earlier), the Strife is garbage so I'm not going to even care enough to test it. I can see both sides of the argument, some people think they're OP, others think they're fine. I personally am enjoying the meta change, it's nice to have things shaken up once in a while.

Depends on a lot of factors, if you're just standing out in the open then yes the OCA will most likely win every time unless you get really bad RNG, but if you're playing the shotgun properly and corner popping then the OCA most likely won't even have time to hit the shotgun user before being 85, I never even stated my opinion on the changes, all I said was it's untrue that shotguns cannot 3 shot at 15m.
This is not true, if the oca knows shotgun is behind a corner oca could just shoot the corner and while shotgun is peeking he will get hit, Oca vs shotgun both can win, it all depends on the player and the situation. I also feel that oca and pmg main purpose is not to be cqc guns but more in the mid range. Edited by 23k

Hah.... looks like not gonna come back to APB any time sooner. Dont want to die by shotguns 24/7.
( I dont get it .. why LO improved shotgun range....why ?)

i take everything back about what i said on shotguns before, nerf them theyre too forgiving :classic_wacko:

Been watching Escape from Tarkov streams ( Summit/Grimmmz) and the shotguns do quite well at ranged whilst aiming down the iron. 

I like my jg now again, its not like, i win every single time, it was also one of my very first guns i purchased back in the days, cuz iloved to play with it pretty much only. 

g1's thought was most likely to screw  of the weapon, so i stopped playing it for soooo long, plz dont "rework it again"

all i am asking for

44 minutes ago, SandyBitch said:

I like my jg now again, its not like, i win every single time, it was also one of my very first guns i purchased back in the days, cuz iloved to play with it pretty much only. 

g1's thought was most likely to screw  of the weapon, so i stopped playing it for soooo long, plz dont "rework it again"

all i am asking for

So two - three shotting from 20meters and getting a kill with a JG/CSG is okay?  

2 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:
So two - three shotting from 20meters and getting a kill with a JG/CSG is okay?  

I think yes, did u ever play shotguns for a longer time? Then they literally ruined to death, adding tons of ghostshots on top of that, so noone really played it anymore, people started complaining about qsing, jumpscouting, ntec only mimimi and all those kind of threads. G1 ruined the weopons when they first nerfed ranges and did alot of other useless changes.

When i first started playing the game, there was no meta really, people played all kind of guns and i got used to it, found my favorite weapon and practiced it a loot + practiced other weapons aswell to unlock the mods i wanted to use for my own sake. So i still managed to figure how to use different kind of weapons in different scenarios.

Just take a look at the first page on social forum, i only see complains and pinned threads where people complain even more.

i am not against constructive critism, but i am fully against all the silly complains i see literally every day i check the forum to see, if there is anything intersting, but there isnt, not at all.

i hope noone gets offended by sharing my opinion. But for my point of few, we didnt really needed a new forum, if its the exact same attitute we had on the old forum. 

1 minute ago, SandyBitch said:
I think yes, did u ever play shotguns for a longer time? Then they literally ruined to death, adding tons of ghostshots on top of that, so noone really played it anymore, people started complaining about qsing, jumpscouting, ntec only mimimi and all those kind of threads. G1 ruined the weopons when they first nerfed ranges and did alot of other useless changes.

When i first started playing the game, there was no meta really, people played all kind of guns and i got used to it, found my favorite weapon and practiced it a loot + practiced other weapons aswell to unlock the mods i wanted to use for my own sake. So i still managed to figure how to use different kind of weapons in different scenarios.

Just take a look at the first page on social forum, i only see complains and pinned threads where people complain even more.

i am not against constructive critism, but i am fully against all the silly complains i see literally every day i check the forum to see, if there is anything intersting, but there isnt, not at all.

i hope noone gets offended by sharing my opinion. But for my point of few, we didnt really needed a new forum, if its the exact same attitute we had on the old forum. 
the shotgun had their uses before, the problem comes from server issues now the shotguns are designed to compensate for that but now getting hit by a single pellet hurts like hell, its too forgiving and arguably broken.

• First and foremost this thread title is invalid since the video didn't represent a kill at 20m it was more like 10m for the first shot and 20m for the second shot and it was done with IR3 WHICH HAS A PENALTY TO FIRE RATE hence i don't see this being an inbalance issue at all in regards to csg and the jg
  •   Secondly if you're looking for a .8 TTK Shotgun with range maybe you should consider the oscar 🤪

-JG With IR3-           
  • 15 Meters 3 Shots
  • 20 Meters 4 Shots

-CSG With IR3-
  • 15 Meters 3 Shots -Might be 2-3 since i did only one test of it
  • 20 Meters 3 Shots

• Overall what do we get from this information? csg is more reliable for range and the jg doesn't 2 shot at 20m what a surprise 🤪
  • as for getting killed behind cover due to lag or it scraping your hitbox that's an entirely different issue and simply nerfing it again.. isn't going to improve the game🙄
  • now maybe we can stop fueling this foolish thread and maybe complain about something actually unbalanced like the shredder 😆

Edited by Spaghettio

52 minutes ago, Spaghettio said:
  • First and foremost this thread title is invalid since the video didn't represent a kill at 20m it was more like 10m for the first shot and 20m for the second shot and it was done with IR3 WHICH HAS A PENALTY TO FIRE RATE hence i don't see this being an inbalance issue at all in regards to csg and the jg
  •   Secondly if you're looking for a .8 TTK Shotgun with range maybe you should consider the oscar 🤪

-JG With IR3-           
  • 15 Meters 3 Shots
  • 20 Meters 4 Shots

-CSG With IR3-
  • 20 Meters 3 Shots

• Overall what do we get from this information? csg is more reliable for range and the jg doesn't 2 shot at 20m what a surprise 🤪
  • as for getting killed behind cover due to lag or it scraping your hitbox that's an entirely different issue and simply nerfing it again.. isn't going to improve the game🙄
  • now maybe we can stop fueling this foolish thread and maybe complain about something actually unbalanced like the shredder 😆

wait till everyone buys the shredder and then the nerf will come
-OldGamersFirst

On 8/11/2018 at 4:40 PM, a Pair of Socks said:
On 8/11/2018 at 12:12 PM, Spaghettio said:
I agree i'd love for anyone here to try to use a JG without IR3 and 2-3 shot at 20 meters this just sounds like foolish troll thread over exaggerating the shotgun buff

*spoiler you can't 2-3 shot at 20 meters with a JG without IR3* 
cHEcK tHe VidOe
First hit was roughly 7m from you, the second, if he hit the majority of the pellots you were ~12-16m away, would have been plenty enough to kill you with the new changes.
7 hours ago, Spaghettio said:

-JG With IR3-           
  • 15 Meters 3 Shots
  • 20 Meters 4 Shots

-CSG With IR3-
  • 20 Meters 3 Shots

Shredder is meant for 20-30m ranges, and should be reliable in that range. It has a ttk higher than ntec AND oca AND other shotguns at .~84 so the only one to blame if you get 3 shot is yourself.

On 8/12/2018 at 4:40 AM, TrinityFSB said:
On 8/10/2018 at 10:30 PM, Westford said:
For the US based players, 20m is approximately 65 feet.

What is the typical range of a shotgun?
The effective range of a typical shotgun is about 45 m. (or approx 145 feet)

Granted, this is a video game, and the laws of physics do not always apply.
Take the HVR jump shot that we all love & miss.

Now, there have been very few reports, (if any) of any Army or Marine Corp snipers able to accomplish the "Sniper Jump Shot",
but again, this is a video game, so anything is possible.

As far as the effective range of a shotgun in APB...
Yeah, it is definitely plausible.

*Corps.
Good catch.
I do know better, unfortunately auto-correct does not.

Thanks

On 8/14/2018 at 2:34 AM, Noob_Guardian said:
First hit was roughly 7m from you, the second, if he hit the majority of the pellots you were ~12-16m away, would have been plenty enough to kill you with the new changes. Shredder is meant for 20-30m ranges, and should be reliable in that range. It has a ttk higher than ntec AND oca AND other shotguns at .~84 so the only one to blame if you get 3 shot is yourself.
except that it's quite easier to hit min/smaller ttks with a shotgun these days

it shouldn't be as viable as it is in the current state.
anyway. Edited by neophobia

ok changed my mind about that after playing more. shotguns are completely broke
problem is when you get hit from distance you feel like its just a wound from spread or something but its not youve taken the equivalent to a hvr shot or something so one more shot and you're dead? that's completely broken 
if you're gonna leave them broken then at least make us 'feel' the damage like we do hvr shot so we know we're 90% dead instead of the 10% dead we feel rn

They should just revert all the shotgun changes and find a better a solution.

5 hours ago, Stunny said:

ok changed my mind about that after playing more. shotguns are completely broke
problem is when you get hit from distance you feel like its just a wound from spread or something but its not youve taken the equivalent to a hvr shot or something so one more shot and you're dead? that's completely broken 
if you're gonna leave them broken then at least make us 'feel' the damage like we do hvr shot so we know we're 90% dead instead of the 10% dead we feel rn

the problem is that you dont feel dead until almost 85% damage, not 65 Edited by Noob_Guardian

1 minute ago, Noob_Guardian said:
the problem is that you dont feel dead until almost 85% damage, not 65
ya
from the video in OP i thought it looked alright but then i played more and wow. im getting hit from 30m away. np, just a flesh wound. ya one more hit and wham dead. wtf? i didnt even feel the shot. if they insist on turning shotguns into sniper rifles at least let us FEEL that we're damaged because rn its so idk the word deceiving? you think youre ok but your not if you get me. annoying

4 hours ago, Stunny said:
ya
from the video in OP i thought it looked alright but then i played more and wow. im getting hit from 30m away. np, just a flesh wound. ya one more hit and wham dead. wtf? i didnt even feel the shot. if they insist on turning shotguns into sniper rifles at least let us FEEL that we're damaged because rn its so idk the word deceiving? you think youre ok but your not if you get me. annoying
NaH dUde shOtgUNs aRE bLaCNeD