I Love Getting Killed from 20M with 2-3 Shots from a JG. Thank you Little Orbit.

honestly, I feel like shotguns SHOULD be the absolute best in CQC with skill to the point where people kind of cry that it's OP if they rush, but at the same time, I feel like everything should be beatable.

The JG seems to kill in 2 hits with ease, and I don't think there's a problem with the damage at all, but I do think that the damage dropoff needs to be closer (less range) or more dramatic (less damage outside of effective range)

I've been using the shredder.. It was one of my favorites before the buff because of the universal damage from it (decent health damage and good hard damage), but when I put IR3 on it, it seems to really reach out and do decent damage.. it still gets beat plenty by ntec at close-mid range like it should though so I'm not so sure the shredder has issues. Haven't even tried the CSG or NFAS yet.

Actual fact: Hitreg on shotguns didn't improve - you just do a lot more damage for landing pellets now. This repairs the hitreg problem for shotguns but doesn't fix it. If I have to be honest apb has some major hitreg problems. Currently most weapons do ghost shots, so buffing something and saying "oh it works now" doesn't fix the core problem.

On 8/10/2018 at 11:06 PM, a Pair of Socks said:

Title lmao.  This is so god damn stupid.

I can't believe i got to the point of actually agreeing with a Pair of Socks.

Am i sick or something? Someone please, halp! 😫

Maybe it's my old age, but can someone explain why, if shotguns are so good at close range, you all just don't grab a shotgun yourselves?

49 minutes ago, Killer Rabbit said:

Maybe it's my old age, but can someone explain why, if shotguns are so good at close range, you all just don't grab a shotgun yourselves?

Well, I, personally, mainly do the explosives thing with OSMAW/OPGL. Occasionally I'll break out a sniper rifle. Works for me. Edited by SwagOfMumia

Shotguns outclasses any smg, while it should not be like that. You need to shoot, hide, shoot. But they are good in dirrect fights and rushing too, which shouldnt be like that. Its fire rate needs to be decreased. Thats the only problem I see. Decrease its fire rate

20 hours ago, 23k said:
That is not true. You're still going to get killed if you don't use cover regardless if you have shotgun or not.
Point_missed.jpg

3 hours ago, Killer Rabbit said:

I mean if you're genuinely curious to why the shotgun changes are a problem I can explain.

The most obvious problem is that it inherently kills off any variety you might have seen in the game before the change. No longer can you expect to be able to use any other vaguely close range weapon that isn't an OCA or shotgun because otherwise you WILL lose. Suddenly everyone needs to equip a shotgun if they want to remain competitive. Of course this makes the game less interesting to play; you will always end up fighting the same weapons over and over again, and if we were to go by your logic, you would always be using shotguns yourselves. Asylum is somewhat a good example of this currently, it's nothing but shotguns.

The second issue is one that applied to the pre-fixed Yukon, and still does to the OCA currently. APB as it currently stands often forces you to get close to other players. This can be because of multiple reasons such as an objective being inside a building, or because an enemy has driven up to you in a vehicle. This is why APB allows players with longer range primaries to carry secondaries to defend themselves, and also allows a degree of flexibility with certain weapons such as Assault Rifles to perform in close quarters. Obviously close range weapons should be the best choice at close range however when you have shotguns which behave like this it means that no matter how skilled you might be with say an ATAC, you won't be able to beat the shotgun. The shotgun user simply has to put in so much less effort into killing you than vice versa, it can feel incredibly frustrating. Again, as I said in the first point, if we are to take the "can't beat them, join them" mentality to heart, everyone would start running around with shotguns.

I understand where LO were going with these shotgun changes, but what's happened is that we're almost back to 2012 in how they perform; simply pointing in the general direction of an enemy will severely wound them.

On 8/10/2018 at 7:30 PM, Westford said:
For the US based players, 20m is approximately 65 feet.

What is the typical range of a shotgun?
The effective range of a typical shotgun is about 45 m. (or approx 145 feet)

Granted, this is a video game, and the laws of physics do not always apply.
Take the HVR jump shot that we all love & miss.

Now, there have been very few reports, (if any) of any Army or Marine Corp snipers able to accomplish the "Sniper Jump Shot",
but again, this is a video game, so anything is possible.

As far as the effective range of a shotgun in APB...
Yeah, it is definitely plausible.

*Corps.

Main issue with shotguns right now is how consistency, before you actually had to aim and hit most of both of your pellets to 2 shot people. Right now due to mechanic LO introduced 2-shoting people became insanely easy. Also good luck trying to fight them back with anything else at close range while there's any sort of cover between you and them. I dont mind shotguns being strongest gun at <10 m but right now they re almost the only choice you ve got and their effective range is somewhere around 20m regardless of what some people here are trying to say. Also we re all talking about JG and CSG, has anyone actually used shredder??? That gun can literally 3-4 shot people at 30 m having around ~0.8 ttk and getting kills past that is not that difficult either. Also it has ridiculous hard damage, 1 mag almost destroys most of the cars ingame.

LO pls fix.

20 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
^this
2-shotting is so consistent and ttk so low, that against all but a few guns there is less reason than ever for shotguns to rely on cover
21 hours ago, 23k said:
That is not true. You're still going to get killed if you don't use cover regardless if you have shotgun or not.
I was talking about getting shot by shotguns, not using cover when you have a shotgun.

With the old pellet system if a third of my body was poking out from cover and they shot me they would get 1/3 of their spread because I took the initiative to use cover. Now with the new system they tag me with 1/3 of my body peeking out and they get far more than 1/3 the damage. It ignores a major part of my initiative to use cover to minimize the damage i receive so there is less incentive for me to actually take cover against a shotgun.

I've dealt some apparently very bad partial hits with JG (target partly hidden behind cover or slightly off crosshair) only to earn score in the 60s range when somebody finishes off my work. It's wrong.

On top of that, the Shredder is completely bonkers right now, it pretty much operates at Carbine range with no downsides and if you put IR3 on it you can compete with rifles.

Edited by Rikard86

and how long will it take untl those lesser good aiming people now gonna use shotties with triggerbots because they get mad being 2 shotted all day?

Edited by LilyV3

9 hours ago, Killer Rabbit said:

Because it becomes repetitive and boring. I can't play with the same weapon for more than 30 minutes, variety is a necessity  Edited by MySodium

A GUN IS TOO STRONG???!?

JUST DONT GO WITHIN 100M OF IT LOL NOOBS STOP BEING STUPID

IM USING JG BTW

9 hours ago, Killer Rabbit said:

Welcome to APB... Enjoy our shotgun only meta. 

lol, for once shotguns are actually decent again and people cry about it because they dont destroy them with ease like they did before.

/deleteuselessthread

On 8/11/2018 at 5:40 AM, SuperToaster said:
This is like the 3rd time I've seen this dumb argument. "Why are you even getting in a shotgun's range in the first place?? Just don't miss your shots??" It's not like APB revolves around CQC combat where you are almost always in the enemy's face or anything. A shotgun being able to kill you in 2-3 shots at 15-20 meters is absolutely ridiculous. This makes it to where if you're not using a shotgun you're 99% going to die to one within that range unless the shotty user is absolute garbage. Carbine, OCA, anything even remotely CQC is useless against something that can kill you in a couple shots from that distance

The whole "get gud" argument is stupid. This is exactly what people would say when shotguns were even MORE OP years back. When you could get sniped at like 20-30 meters. It's not balanced stop pretending like it is

yeah except for the fact a shotgun doesnt kill you in 2-3 shots at 15-20 meters, quit your overexaggeration Edited by ch4ncer

4 minutes ago, ch4ncer said:

lol, for once shotguns are actually decent again and people cry about it 

"decent"
🤣

8 minutes ago, ch4ncer said:

t r i g g e r e d

remember when we used to say "tiggered"?
... good times

5 hours ago, ch4ncer said:

yeah except for the fact a shotgun doesnt kill you in 2-3 shots at 15-20 meters, quit your overexaggeration

It took literally 5 minutes to test this, what are you even on about? You could've tested this yourself before spreading misinfo.
  • Thanks 2